Sponsored

Goldwinger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
That’s what I was afraid of.....unplugging those two wires under the dash is a pain. Lol!
Go to Tazers web site and order the extension connector kit. This is well worth the money and you no longer have to be a spider to hook and unhook your Tazer! I got one and love it!
Sponsored

Tread4Lo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22'JLURD
I had the box replaced probably 3 months back. Tracks better for sure, but still wanders. I need to do the new Mopar longer LCA's. Most people have said that helps.

I do have an issue though with noise. I hear the whine outside the cabin, so not that. Inside the cabin, I have a noise through the steering column especially on turns. Like there is air in the line OR overdriving the pump. Anyone else had any issue like this? My steering fluid after the TSB is midway between min/max on the overflow bottle.

2020JLURUBICON

First Name
Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White JLU Rubicon
I had the box replaced probably 3 months back. Tracks better for sure, but still wanders. I need to do the new Mopar longer LCA's. Most people have said that helps.

I do have an issue though with noise. I hear the whine outside the cabin, so not that. Inside the cabin, I have a noise through the steering column especially on turns. Like there is air in the line OR overdriving the pump. Anyone else had any issue like this? My steering fluid after the TSB is midway between min/max on the overflow bottle.
I have had noisy steering from day one and have not had the box replaced yet (although hoping to get the part soon- Jeep Cares is helping me!). I notice in especially when I am parked and turn the wheel, the electronic steering is very noisy, have even had passengers ask if something is wrong with the jeep.

Tread4Lo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22'JLURD
@2020JLURUBICON Yeah, the cabin noise is ridiculous. Same thing, my wife even notices. She never notices anything on a vehicle if it sounds weird or out of place, yet this she does. It happens mainly after I had the Jeep on for a while too, so not while it's cold. Yes mainly turning when stopped or slow moving, but I have notice it more while driving too.

Tennjeeper

First Name
Delson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 2 door.
Vehicle Showcase
interested to hear your impressions about the new box compared to the old (parts wise) and how much you think it helped.
Mine started out better, but slowly back to where it was. I am looking into other options.

Sponsored

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Roky - mine is not terrible but I do notice a little more play once heated. I would bet mine will be even better once I get adj LCAs installed and caster set but I am still working with local dealer trying to get swapped before out of warranty. How much warranty do you have remaining? If still have some time may be worth waiting and hear more feedback on new box.
Did you ever get the TSB done? Also for a stock Jeep Sport '19 4 Door or in your case just the LCA would be fine or do I need all 8 to help steering?

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Did you ever get the TSB done? Also for a stock Jeep Sport '19 4 Door or in your case just the LCA would be fine or do I need all 8 to help steering?
I did get TSB done. It was such a nice a improvement I’m holding off putting on the adjustable LCAs. To be honest not sure I need them at this point with how well the new gear box feels. I know it may even get better with higher caster but I can cruise on highway at 80 with no to little steering correction needed. Mine has the Mopar lift w/37s and still has the LCAs that come with that kit. I have added upgraded Trackbar and steering stabilizer. I wouldn’t think you need those for non lifted Sport. You definitely wouldn’t need all 8 unless you are going with a serious lift. Have you done the TSB yet?

2020JLURUBICON

First Name
Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White JLU Rubicon
Note that Anthony at @JeepCares is awesome- lots of interaction and follow up and got the tab done yesterday- huge improvement in steering. I will still do track bar tie rod drag link upgrade just for extra help, but the tsb was night and day. I am sold on jeep cares effort to help us as loyal customers, very very impressed.

DS20

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon
just had my steering box replaced today. and wow what a difference. i can actually drive it with one hand now. hope it stays that way.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
I went in to the dealer in September based on all the feedback from the forum and with the knowledge that dealerships were on the every two-weeks to receive a steel steering box. I call every three weeks and every time there is another delay. I had told a fellow Jeeper about the two-week deal and he went in and was told he would get his upgrade in 16 months from the same dealer!! He emailed Jeep and he had the upgrade in a week. So I emailed them and the parts shipped on Jan 12th. I will be calling the dealer tomorrow to see if I can arrange to get the TSB completed. I have to say that my experience with @JeepCares and the US Customer Support have been very positive experiences and I echo what @2020JLURUBICON said in those regards. Between all the helpful people in the community that will provide constructive comments and guidance both with the vehicle and when off-roading and Jeep itself, it is a far more satisfying experience than any other vehicle I have owned.

Sponsored

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I did get TSB done. It was such a nice a improvement I’m holding off putting on the adjustable LCAs. To be honest not sure I need them at this point with how well the new gear box feels. I know it may even get better with higher caster but I can cruise on highway at 80 with no to little steering correction needed. Mine has the Mopar lift w/37s and still has the LCAs that come with that kit. I have added upgraded Trackbar and steering stabilizer. I wouldn’t think you need those for non lifted Sport. You definitely wouldn’t need all 8 unless you are going with a serious lift. Have you done the TSB yet?
Woo hooo for the cruising at 80 with almost no input! I'm waiting for the TSB, Jeepcares got involved because the dealer kept pushing me off. Also what size tires you running? Can we run 35's on the JLUS on the 3.45 gear, I thought Id ask since I've seen a lot info on yes and no.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Woo hooo for the cruising at 80 with almost no input! I'm waiting for the TSB, Jeepcares got involved because the dealer kept pushing me off. Also what size tires you running? Can we run 35's on the JLUS on the 3.45 gear, I thought Id ask since I've seen a lot info on yes and no.
I may take a beating on here for saying this :). I am running 37s on stock gearing. My rig is not my daily driver and I don't hit open highway driving that much. When I do, I never see 8th gear and seldom see 7th. Not an issue for me in my use case, still plenty of pep around town. I know would be better re gearing but haven't needed yet. Also should note I don't see much offroad activity, mainly a pavement princess :)

10mmauto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2008 Mustang Bullitt
Occupation
LEO
Vehicle Showcase
just had my steering box replaced today. and wow what a difference. i can actually drive it with one hand now. hope it stays that way.
I had mine done in December. It immediately felt better, but I swear it feels even better now. Maybe something "breaks in" after a little use....?