Sponsored

Jteakus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecodiesel Unlimited Rubicon
Last time I talked to PSC they had an Ecodiesel JL in their possession and were working on a traditional belt driven pump and heavy-duty steering box. I guess that will be my route. Congrats to everyone that got their’s tracking true.
Sponsored

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Wonder if something encroaches into the area the new steel box occupies on a Diesel? Would be a real cluster to need a unique box for that model.
Someone said that it is as simple as the diesel box has a different steering ratio than the gas version. I guess that Benny at Mopar parts could advise if the aluminum boxes were different part numbers between gas/diesel.

Later,
Johnny

Spdu4ia

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2dr Rubi
Picked mine up today definitely better, sorry all you having issues getting it done. Fluid Level is on low but ill keep an eye on it.

It still drives like a solid axle jeep but much smoother and I can one hand it doing 80mph.

I did verify I had the right part number on the box when I dropped it off for the 2dr thanks to you guys/girls

RV Wrench

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Cherokee, 93 Wrangler, 19 Wrangler
Picked mine up today definitely better, sorry all you having issues getting it done. Fluid Level is on low but ill keep an eye on it.

It still drives like a solid axle jeep but much smoother and I can one hand it doing 80mph.

I did verify I had the right part number on the box when I dropped it off for the 2dr thanks to you guys/girls

Same here. Got mine back today with same results. Noticeably improved sensitivity in the steering.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
My new steering box came today, not bad considering I ordered just a couple weeks ago. Shipping took it's toll but luckily everything looks ok inside. The bolts coming from the other dealer have also shipped.
Jeep Wrangler JL Steering issues cured by installing new Steering gear box! (per TSB 08-074-20) IMG_20201021_200744500
Jeep Wrangler JL Steering issues cured by installing new Steering gear box! (per TSB 08-074-20) IMG_20201021_201215925

Sponsored

Ish22

First Name
Ish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright White
FYI everyone, make sure to look at your RO when you pick up your JL and be sure they install the correct steering gear box for you. While I was waiting for a porter to pull mine around I noticed the steering gear box was for a 2 door (I have a JLUR). I pointed it out to the advisor who looked to be sure that it wasn’t just wrong part # on the RO. Sure enough the wrong one (2 door gear box) was installed.

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
FYI everyone, make sure to look at your RO when you pick up your JL and be sure they install the correct steering gear box for you. While I was waiting for a porter to pull mine around I noticed the steering gear box was for a 2 door (I have a JLUR). I pointed it out to the advisor who looked to be sure that it wasn’t just wrong part # on the RO. Sure enough the wrong one (2 door gear box) was installed.
Same here. They installed a 4 door on my 2 door. My Jeep is back in the shop waiting. Was told my new gear box is coming in on October 28.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Same here. They installed a 4 door on my 2 door. My Jeep is back in the shop waiting. Was told my new gear box is coming in on October 28.
Hello @Ish22 and @Jennalee
We regret to hear about the outcome of your initial steering repairs. Our team would like to document this for further investigation, as well as offer our assistance if needed. Please send us a private message with your VIN, mileage, and servicing dealer. Thank you!

Kathryn
JeepCares

Jteakus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecodiesel Unlimited Rubicon
@JeepCares Why no fix for the sloppy steering box on The Ecodiesel JL?

stevieb92

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 2.0t
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Mine is going in next week for this repair. Is it spelled out on the repair order that the box is a 4 door or 2 door? Or do I need to look up the part numbers? Just curious.

Sponsored

Cookie Monster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLURT
Vehicle Showcase
Farrish Jeep in Fairfax, VA said they needed to inspect before they could order the parts. Yesterday, they inspected and agreed to order the tsb parts. They did not give me any trouble for my 2" lift. After cautioning me when I made the appt that the parts would take 4-6 weeks, the adviser during pickup mentioned the parts should be released for shipment in 3 days. We will see which it is.
So 5 and a half weeks later, I get the call, parts are in, you can come in tomorrow and get the tsb performed. I dropped off the Jeep yesterday, walked 1.5 miles to work, and in the afternoon I got the dreaded, "please call us back VM" instead of the "your Jeep is ready VM". I called, "They didn't have all of the parts, so we are overnighting what we need". So I walked back to the dealer, picked up a renegade loaner and drove home. I had to grab something from the jeep, so I popped the hood, and the original steering box is still there. I now plan on verifying the part number on the receipt and visually inspecting the jeep before signing the paperwork.

In other news the renegade has a gutless engine which seems to only make more noise with extra throttle, not more power. The windshield induces tunnel vision due to the large and forward placed A pillars. And the seat backs seem like they were designed for the 5'9" and under crowd. Fuel economy is only 1-2 mpg better than my 2.0. So I am very happy with my wrangler purchase.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Mine is going in next week for this repair. Is it spelled out on the repair order that the box is a 4 door or 2 door? Or do I need to look up the part numbers? Just curious.
It will list only the part#s not the vehicle application.

68507569AAGear, Steering - Four Door, Left Hand Drive (JL)
68507571AAGear, Steering - Two Door, Left Hand Drive (JL)

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
@JeepCares Why no fix for the sloppy steering box on The Ecodiesel JL?
The Ecodiesel steering part is expected to be available in the first quarter of 2021.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

FredC

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Sport Unlimited
So just an FYI to those of you who had this done.

Mine was done about 3 weeks ago. When I got it back the PS fluid was right at the mid way between min and max level in the reservoir.

Over those 3 weeks it's dropped to below the min, but still above the bottom of the reservoir - so not empty or sucking in air.

I've looked for leaks and none, and topped it back up and will watch the level.

I can only assume it was not fully "burped" and some air came out that took in the additional reservoir fluid.

So keep an eye on the fluid level.

As an FYI AAP sells compatible Pentosin CHF11S fluid which is MS-11655 certified - not cheapest place to get it but open to 9pm on Saturdays.
Sponsored