Sponsored

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Yes exactly what I’m experiencing, thinking if the synergy steering brace would help with this or not?
I’m no expert.
i adjusted steering gear in the early 70’s. I haven’t touched the steering gear on the Jeep. I wonder if that’s the fix

Crawl Away

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited - 1998 TJ Sport
Wow! Tell those techs to take their panties off the next time they come to work. I remove 1 bolt of my endlinks every time i had to "toggle" the synergy brace on/off for my wife's TSB. I've done it 3 times now and it took me all of 10 mins (the endlink bolts). At MOST, they should charge you 0.5hrs. Now, all that being said: it doesn't look like your endlinks interfere at all, so those must be BIG GRANNY PANTIES!! lol Good luck on your experience!
They knocked it down to 1/2 hour. I think they removed the sway bar to allow a crows foot or open end wrench on the pitman arm not instead of removing the track bar, but I’m not really sure. The tech did a piss poor job of cleaning the steering fluid he spilled.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I just received this text from the dealership. Kind of irritated and the picture certainly doesn’t help much. Thoughts?

70ED248E-B5E5-4774-A2FC-6DC156BC1507.jpeg
It looks like you could use some Rock Krawler lower spring pads to correct that outward bow.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
For whatever reason, the 2 door steering box is cheaper than the 4 door.
At least on moparfactoryparts.com
I ordered the nut the dealers are reusing, and had to get the 4 bolts from another dealer for $29.

68507571aa​
Power Steering Gear​
$327.00​
1​
$327.00​

Last edited:

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
For whatever reason, the 2 door steering box is cheaper than the 4 door.
At least on moparfactoryparts.com
I was able to order everything for $387 shipped.
Note, they list the 4 bolts as 2 part numbers they are different lengths.
Edit- it looks like they listed the older bolts with the new ones, I'm trying to figure this out.

68507571aa​
Power Steering Gear​
$327.00​
1​
$327.00​
6506950AA​
Hex Flange Head Screw​
$2.80​
1​
$2.80​
6036780AA​
Hex Nut - Coned Washer Nut And Washer​
$3.63​
1​
$3.63​
6512518AA​
Bolt​
$5.24​
2​
$10.48​
6512519AA​
Bolt​
$6.55​
2​
$13.10​

Subtotal: $357.01​
Estimated Shipping to 31709 via Standard Shipping: $30.28​
Total: $387.29​

Not sure what your bottom 3 line items are but not sure that is correct. the TSB calls out a different part number for the 4 bolt package - 06513396AA Bolts, Frame - Steering Gear (4 Bolts Per Package)

allmoparparts.com has put together a package deal but it looks like it is around $530.
https://www.allmoparparts.com/sku/jlsteeringkit2dr.html

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
Not sure what your bottom 3 line items are but not sure that is correct.
Thanks, I updated the post. Their site listed the old and new pumps together, but only the old bolts. The nut is probably being resued by the dealers, but I got a new one. I found the correct bolts for $29 shipped elsewhere.
Here is my tally-

68507571aa​
Power Steering Gear​
$327.00​
1​
$327.00​
6506950AA​
Hex Flange Head Screw​
$2.80​
1​
$2.80​
6036780AA​
Hex Nut - Coned Washer Nut And Washer​
$3.63​
1​
$3.63​

06513396AA​
$ 4.73​
BOLT. NONE.

1 products , 4 items​
$ 18.92​
Plus $12 for the 68088485AB fluid, and about $40 for shipping. I'm waiting for updated emails.
I saved about $150 over the other guys by shopping around.

AdamEaton

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I just called Faricy Boys Jeep in Colorado Springs, CO and had probably the easiest experience ever when reporting a problem on a vehicle (and I have been through quite a few). I fully expected to have to have a tech drive it, then give me an "Unable to replicate the problem" or "within Spec" diagnosis, and then have to buy a PSC or redneck ram to fix the issue... BUT NO.

The lady on the phone was very nice and said, "I was just told this morning that for this issue, we can just go ahead and order the parts and put you on the list". Granted there is quite a back log but she can't do anything about that.

Two take aways:
1. This was the best customer service I have ever received over the phone from a car dealership. And for all of the bashing of FCA, I'm pretty impressed.
2. This problem is likely much worse than we know if they are being this aggressive in getting it fixed.

Mine seems to be getting worse and on colder mornings the power steering doesnt work for the first couple minutes after starting the Jeep. Going down the highway I can move the wheel back and forth 3-4 inches in either direction (6-8 inch sweep) without effecting the path of the vehicle. I'm not new to Jeep so at first I wrote it off as being a jeep thing and a 'feature of solid front axle'. Then I found this TSB. The extra steering input required is very fatiguing for long trips.

Mtrctylarry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Steering box replacement does not affect alignment. To change caster you need longer LCA - decreases wondering.
Do you think the longer LCA’s help wandering on a all stock rubicon? Have no other steering issues...I always thought the pretty constant correction of wandering was inherent of drag link style suspension steering?

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Do you think the longer LCA’s help wandering on a all stock rubicon?
It did mine. Can't quantify the improvement but even my wife's comment was "Wow!".

Later,
Johnny

Sponsored

G13

First Name
Shundo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6
Do you think the longer LCA’s help wandering on a all stock rubicon? Have no other steering issues...I always thought the pretty constant correction of wandering was inherent of drag link style suspension steering?
I put Mopar longer LCA on my 2020 JLUR recently, and it tracks much better. My 2020 came with AE steering box from factory, and it was in general not big of wandering issues, but gets a bit loose on hot days. Longer LCA made improvements. You might have different results if your steering box is older version, and if the box itself is not good.

Comanche73

First Name
Dekin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Recon
I am honestly happy to see/read all the success stories on here. My experience so far has been a joke. Ferman Jeep of Wesley Chapel (FL) has been ignoring my @JeepCares representative for nearly a month now (and that doesn’t include the time I spent trying before that). They are 100% disrespecting me and my Rep. It’s basically a joke of a situation. It’s at a point where they said there going to order my parts and they’ve been straight up ignoring us (me and my rep) since then.

I am going to have to try and start all over with another dealer. Consider yourselves very fortunate if you’ve been able to even get any work done on this. Crazy how some dealers treat us.

This is my first ever Jeep and I’m off to such a wonderful start. Happy to see the Ford Bronco soon so it can potentially knock the Wrangler off it’s proverbial perch.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
I was told the pumps are on back order of course, they say the next batch will be released 10/15 (for the 2 door anyway). She asked if I was willing to wait, I told her sure go ahead and order it.

Mtrctylarry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
It did mine. Can't quantify the improvement but even my wife's comment was "Wow!".

Later,
Johnny
Thanks. Sounds like it's worth a try...Do you need to realign front end after installing the longer LCA's?

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR