First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
apparently there are dealers that want me arrested :CWL:
I believe that. Its crazy how many are receiving pushback...
From your perspective/opinion - Do you read the latest note as this will help or hurt folks with lift?

OP
OP
Redrockjk

Redrockjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK Wrangler
I believe that. Its crazy how many are receiving pushback...
From your perspective/opinion - Do you read the latest note as this will help or hurt folks with lift?
the folks that have installed quality lifts should have no issues as all of the alignment specs are addressed and will cause no issues......those that have subpar lifts will hopefully have a dealer that has experience fixing those lifts

BroncoNS

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited
the folks that have installed quality lifts should have no issues as all of the alignment specs are addressed and will cause no issues......those that have subpar lifts will hopefully have a dealer that has experience fixing those lifts
If nothing else, it removes any grey area that allows dealers to vaguely deny the repair because of "modifications". They will at least have to show that it's out of spec.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Agree. Is this mainly caster related?

Sponsored

wyobob44

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL 2.0 , 17 Indian Chieftain, 12 Ford F-350 Dually 4X4, 74 Jeep Wangoneer
Occupation
Retired
Yesterday I took my 19JLUR to my nearby Jeep dealer in Spearfish SD, Juneks, they looked it over and looked at the TSB, came to me and said we have ordered your parts, but the mounting bolts are back ordered ☹, and i said to give me a call when you get everything and i will return with the Jeep....Man i am glad i have a good dealership 30 miles away, they have treated me good the few times i have ever walked in the door

BroncoNS

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited
Got a call from the dealership today (after multiple VMs left) and they have my parts. Scheduled for 9/23.

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
My dealership called today and said finally all the parts are in let’s schedule an appointment. I talked to him a week and a half ago and asked if he could please verify that the steering box that they had ended in AA. He dismissed me and said that his technicians are top notch and he fully trust that they got it right. At that time they were waiting on the bolts. So today when I asked him again can you please verify that the steering box part number ends in AA, he didn’t give me any pushback put me on hold for a few minutes came back and said I’m sorry I know the technician order the right part number but we received the wrong one. I assume it ends in AE but he wouldn’t verify. So he’s ordering another one. I Advise any of you getting this done to plead with your dealership to make sure that they’re installing a steering box that has a part number that ends in AA and that the new steering box that’s going to be put in is black in color and made out of steel.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
My dealership called today and said finally all the parts are in let’s schedule an appointment. I talked to him a week and a half ago and asked if he could please verify that the steering box that they had ended in AA. He dismissed me and said that his technicians are top notch and he fully trust that they got it right. At that time they were waiting on the bolts. So today when I asked him again can you please verify that the steering box part number ends in AA, he didn’t give me any pushback put me on hold for a few minutes came back and said I’m sorry I know the technician order the right part number but we received the wrong one. I assume it ends in AE but he wouldn’t verify. So he’s ordering another one. I Advise any of you getting this done to plead with your dealership to make sure that they’re installing a steering box that has a part number that ends in AA and that the new steering box that’s going to be put in is black in color and made out of steel.
My dealer ordered the wrong box at first (a 4dr box instead of the proper 2dr), but it's in now and all's good!

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
Be sure to read the TSB carefully - IMO it gives you an automatic upper hand -- just state it primarily happens on hot days after prolonged driving. IOW claim conditions the dealer can't hardly duplicate, like driving for hours on a really hot day
I went in and just said it wanders and there is about 1" of dead spot. Living in Southern Arizona through the summer eliminates the need to mention hot weather!

Sponsored

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
So I got a hold of the dealer, they told me that everything applicable to my VIN number has been fixed, but they will take another look at it next week.
I had a drag link replaced back on 8/31, not the steering box. I’m debating heading to a different dealership for the work and bringing the TSB notice with me.
HI Victoria,

This TSB is not restricted by VIN and is for all '18–'20 JLs.

It's a good idea to find another dealer with TSB in hand.

Good luck!

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
@Redrockjk
Got my new box installed today but bolts to the box were only torqued to about 40 ft pounds
:headbang:
:facepalm:
:no:
I torqued to 90 ft lbs for now (since I know the old aluminum box the torque was 99 ft lbs).

Is the new box still 99 ft. lbs or has that spec changed since the new box is cast iron?
TIA :)
I checked mine too and they were not very tight. I went with the JK torque of 87 since the bolts thread into the cast housing like the JK.

I also checked the steering column bolt and it took a bit more to get to the spec of 40 too.....

Last edited:

Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Good News Bad News. The good, Jeep is done and all new parts have been installed after five days at the dealer. The Bad, had third knee surgery on Wednesday so I cannot verify the difference and my non mechanical son was more concerned about the chicks checking him out in my Jeep to notice the steering. At least the Jeep is home and the NEW updated hardware is installed.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Good News Bad News. The good, Jeep is done and all new parts have been installed after five days at the dealer. The Bad, had third knee surgery on Wednesday so I cannot verify the difference and my non mechanical son was more concerned about the chicks checking him out in my Jeep to notice the steering. At least the Jeep is home and the NEW updated hardware is installed.
Glad got completed. Sorry to hear about knee but that’s funny about your son...

SilverRubi

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Well if he could focus on the girls the steering couldn't be too bad right? Haha
Sponsored