Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
It looks new and black. Hope this is what was needed
Just be sure to double check everything that you can. Lithia CS has a reputation. The service manager there is a Jeeper, and has a lifted JK, but he has a very anti-Wrangler attitude. Also double check that you have everything that it went in with. One of the mechanics has sticky fingers.
Sponsored

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
So tomorrow after they call me to pick it up, do I just look underneath and look for a black painted steering box? Where do I need to look?
826D89AA-973E-4EE3-93A4-9679C2D9C26D.png

jhawklive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Just had the TSB done. Is there a way to confirm if the software update was performed? It's not mentioned on my invoice. All the correct parts are listed and I was able to visually confirm the new steering gear is installed.

Sponsored

klhjeep2018

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Sales manager
Just had the TSB done. Is there a way to confirm if the software update was performed? It's not mentioned on my invoice. All the correct parts are listed and I was able to visually confirm the new steering gear is installed.
My Invoice was like that as well, I called back and asked the service advisor, he said it was but I don't trust that. So I hope that there is away to know for sure.

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
So I got the new steering box and it still feels floaty.. anyone else see improvement but feel it’s just not what it should be still?

kkarnage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392, 2020 JLUR, 2015 JKR
Occupation
Retired
So I got the new steering box and it still feels floaty.. anyone else see improvement but feel it’s just not what it should be still?
And you've visually checked to see the they did indeed install the correct cast iron box and not just replace with another aluminum one?

Sponsored

kkarnage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392, 2020 JLUR, 2015 JKR
Occupation
Retired
no i will go look
If you do have the new box, also make sure they've used steel bolts x 4, and not reused the old bolts. Might also be an idea to check they've tightened them properly.

If you do have the new box, and it's attached with the correct bolts, and they're correctly tightened, you need to start looking elsewhere in your steering linkages for the play. This new box definitely fixes the standard steering problems everyone has been having.

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
If you do have the new box, also make sure they've used steel bolts x 4, and not reused the old bolts. Might also be an idea to check they've tightened them properly.

If you do have the new box, and it's attached with the correct bolts, and they're correctly tightened, you need to start looking elsewhere in your steering linkages for the play. This new box definitely fixes the standard steering problems everyone has been having.
it looks new and it’s solid black, the old one wasn’t black right?

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
even with the fix don’t expect it to drive like a Benz.
Understand it’s STILL a Jeep made to climb up rocks and plow thru snow and sand. Not, independent front suspension..it’s still one solid axle. Its not going to be flawless, mine is a huge improvement and steers like I would expect it to.
Drives just like my older JK, little bit of of play and roughness.
Sponsored