Sponsored

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
Link to TSB 08-074-20: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...b-08-074-20-for-improved-steering-feel.56363/

Update: Just got down with my 10 miles test drive and I’m happy to say that al of the steering issues are GONE!! Super excited to report that.

Wander and deadspot 100% gone in my jeep. No steering box brace only a Steersmarts Yeti HD trac bar. AEV 2.5 lift with 38in Milestars on Mopar Beadlocks

My impressions on video:​

New steering gear parts:

2D107EB2-5FD0-45C9-A127-80C5DB2D32C7.jpeg
0701AC6D-DD15-4287-A454-C7D5C5A4772F.jpeg
Curious if the draglink needs to be disconnected from the pitman arm when doing the swap or if it can stay attached if the pitman arm is pulled off the box first? Also if the trackbar has to come off to allow the box to drop out? Honestly want to know what to check on after the swap to make sure more problems don't come out of a the repair. Thanks!
Sponsored

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
Curious if the draglink needs to be disconnected from the pitman arm when doing the swap or if it can stay attached if the pitman arm is pulled off the box first? Also if the trackbar has to come off to allow the box to drop out? Honestly want to know what to check on after the swap to make sure more problems don't come out of a the repair. Thanks!
It is easier if you pull the pitman arm from draglink, so you can re-attach the pitman arm to the new box somewhere else. The space is limited down there, so it is hard to work in that area.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I am out of warranty. Jeep Cares escalated my issue form this thread on the forum. I received a call from Marvin in Corporate this morning. 9/1/20. He has approved the repair. He has ordered the parts. And is in the process of contacting my local dealers Service Manager. To authorize the repairs. I could not be happier. 58,000 miles on my 2018 JLU Sport S.
Great news! Hopefully be a template for others out of warranty.

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
It is easier if you pull the pitman arm from draglink, so you can re-attach the pitman arm to the new box somewhere else. The space is limited down there, so it is hard to work in that area.
Thanks. Is that something that typically gets damaged when removed? I know they can take quite a bit of effort to separate.

drvn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2014 JKU, 2005 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Great news! Hopefully be a template for others out of warranty.
I am out of warranty. Jeep Cares escalated my issue form this thread on the forum. I received a call from Marvin in Corporate this morning. 9/1/20. He has approved the repair. He has ordered the parts. And is in the process of contacting my local dealers Service Manager. To authorize the repairs. I could not be happier. 58,000 miles on my 2018 JLU Sport S.
MARVIN is the man! He helped me out too (although I'm still in warranty). He was very helpful at getting this fix done ASAP

Sponsored

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. Is that something that typically gets damaged when removed? I know they can take quite a bit of effort to separate.
Well, if done correctly and carefully with TRE removal tool, the boot of that tapered end can be saved. Otherwise the boot can be damaged but really it is just a dust cover, no big deal.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
It requires a special tool to do properly, but I’m sure the dealer has that. A shade tree mechanic would beat it with a hammer and cause more problems than they fix.

Dr. RGB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer own a Jeep
Clubs

Update on my previous post, Dealer here in PA told me that I have knobby tires ("my man" (that is what he called me))and they tested my JL against three other jeeps, while having two people drive it for over 30 minutes each. No steering issues.... I was told I need to contact Chrysler if I want to appeal. I guess this is when @JeepCares comes in....

BroncoNS

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited
Update on my previous post, Dealer here in PA told me that I have knobby tires ("my man" (that is what he called me))and they tested my JL against three other jeeps, while having two people drive it for over 30 minutes each. No steering issues.... I was told I need to contact Chrysler if I want to appeal. I guess this is when @JeepCares comes in....
Your steering issues are from...."knobby tires"? Is he 12? SMH.

Engmoreau

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLRU
My dealership said they can only order one part every 11 days. I’m second on the list. So 9/12 they will order the parts and should be in pretty soon.

They didn’t said anything about my tie rod, track bar and drag link from metal cloak or the mismimoto Inter cooler pipe.

Sponsored

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Are there any TSB friendly dealers in central TX? I'd like to get my box replaced but don't want to deal with service advisor run around. Has any one had good success with Mac Haik in Georgetown?

lepcat

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Grey JLUR, Sky One Touch
Are there any TSB friendly dealers in central TX? I'd like to get my box replaced but don't want to deal with service advisor run around. Has any one had good success with Mac Haik in Georgetown?
Are you a member of AJP? I would reach out to Jason Whited or Preston Rhoads at Nyle.

WiseguyDS

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Parts arrived already. Dropped Jeep off this evening. We'll see if there's any noticeable difference!

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
im just loving reading all these success stories.

let’s all take up a collection and send Jeep and JeepCares gift baskets