Sponsored

BroncoNS

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited
Well, it looks like it *is one of those dealerships. Here is the message I got: " THE TECHNICIAN WALKED THROUGH STEP BY STEP THE SERVICE BULLETIN AND FOLLOWED WITH A TEST DRIVE. YOUR JEEP DRIVES BETTER THAN ANY HE HAS DRIVEN AND THERE IS NO WANDERING AT THIS TIME"

Talked to the service dude and they are basically refusing to do it. Waiting for a call from some higher up schlub to "discuss".
Sponsored

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
Ok so for those that are past warranty, how can we address this issue? pay the dealership for the upgrade?

seems like the part swap is not that difficult, but how can someone do the computer updates mentioned?
At this moment, there seems no way around dealership. You can send message to @Jeepcare to see if they can authorize a good will repair.

BroncoNS

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited
What would be great is if @JeepCares would simply confirm whether or not the dealership has to 'agree' that it doesn't drive correctly, or if the explicit "If customer describes..." statement in the TSB is the only requirement. Leaving owners to get jerked around by douchey dealers is bad for business.

Last edited:

Vinny2002

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2020
Dropped my 2020 Wrangler off today with the TSB.... Amazing... they were "so busy" they don't think they will be able to get to it today.despite appointment.... this was just to confirm what I am reporting and the TSB is saying.. never mind ordering parts and doing the actual repair... so disappointing.. may have to try another dealer...

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Port Jeff jeep on long Island gives the run around. Wouldn't even look at the tsb, says my vin only pops up the v41, and that they need to inspect for the problem. Took a look at my non factory Jeep and said it would need to be returned back to stock before they would even look at it. Claims that they "don't order parts just because someone asks for them".

@JeepCares

Sponsored

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
what a shame they are dicking around, they must have a real superiority complex. i think they get paid for 1.5 hrs and it takes a little longer, so this TSB is not a big profit center for the dealers.
however, if they think of it as a customer and loyalty builder they will reap long term rewards far greater than an hours labor costs.

ive been a contractor for over 40 years and learned the lesson of open honest communication long ago.

BroncoNS

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited
Port Jeff jeep on long Island gives the run around. Wouldn't even look at the tsb, says my vin only pops up the v41, and that they need to inspect for the problem. Took a look at my non factory Jeep and said it would need to be returned back to stock before they would even look at it. Claims that they "don't order parts just because someone asks for them".

@JeepCares
Wow! That is a special kind of douchery

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Jeeps regional service directors need to send a high priority message thru the network and make it clear as a bell. I would take the TSB right to the dealership owner or GM and make let them know they can follow it or a copy will go to your legal advisor.

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
No you have to swap the old one over
just a big thanks...your honesty and experience has helped many people all across the country.

many kudos flowing your way.

Tritonman

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
ITS Duty Manager
Got a new box getting delivered to my local dealership tomorrow and shortly thereafter installed. I should have an update within a day or 2 on my own experience.

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
My local dealership is currently trying to replace everything except the steering box. Communication has been pretty bad. I asked for an update today after hearing nothing for three days and they said “We ordered complete front end parts for the vehicle. We are waiting for them to come in eta is 5 days”
I asked for a more specific explanation and got “We ordered tie rods, sway bar, ball joints, outer tie rod for the vehicle”

@JeepCares is this normal for dealerships to order and replace parts on a vehicle with little to no explanation and no prior authorization?
@mwilk012 - We cannot speak to the dealer's diagnosis because we are not mechanically trained. However, if you need assistance having the TSB applied, please send us a PM and we will escalate a case for you.

The steering box will definitely fix the right pull. I had my box changed from the AD version to the AE version. It worked better but there still is a slight pull at highway speeds. The slop is also there too. The dealership that installed the AE box is giving me a hard time upgrading it under the TSB. It's at the dealership right now though, so fingers crossed.

The problem I'm facing is that they say my lift voids my warranty. I reminded them of my rights under the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act so they agreed to inspect it. I really think they are going "find" something wrong with the lift, wheels, etc... It's been to the dealership for a total of 13 days since July 2nd to address the steering issue and the AE box was installed under warranty.

Now, they say they should have never touched my Jeep at all. I was told they are concerned that FCA will not pay for the parts and labor even under the TSB. Seems like a bad system or corporate policy is in place between FCA (@JeepCares) and the dealerships that directly affects the customers negatively. I never had any issues with any other car brands like this.
@McFarley - We're sorry to hear about this confusion. Please send us a message if you would like additional support.

Well I was denied the repair at my local dealer. Well not denied. Was told it was a warranty provision. If I wanted the work done. They would order the parts. I’d just need to pay 1200 dollars for the repair. @JeepCares any help here? I have 58,000 miles on mine and she drives like an ornery mule.
@lepcat - Please continue working with us in PMs. We can certainly have a case escalated for additional review.

i called arrigo Jeep at wpb. They said they haven’t received any TSB applicable to my Jeep.
How did you approach them about the tsb?
@Engmoreau - We are happy to help with this. Please send us a message with your VIN, mileage, and dealer to get started.

@JeepCares , can anyone please help in this matter?
@g00nda - Thank you for tagging us. We are happy to help. Please send us a PM.

What would be great is if @JeepCares would simply confirm whether or not the dealership has to 'agree' that it doesn't drive correctly, or if the explicit "If customer describes..." statement in the TSB is the only requirement. Leaving owners to get jerked around by douchey dealers is bad for business.
@BroncoNS - As stated in the TSB, as long as the customer describes the symptoms, dealer should perform the repair. If your dealer is giving you a hard time, please message us for support.

@JeepCares
@Headbarcode - Thank you for making us aware of this. We are sorry to hear that you were treated this way. Please send us a PM so we can assist by escalating a case on your behalf.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

BroncoNS

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited
Well, dealership had a change of heart! Just got a call from some muckity-muck who said that tech #1 couldn't replicate it so they took it to 'main' dealership, who also couldn't replicate it, but because of my 'great concern', they are going to go ahead and order the part and fix it.

Of course she asked that when the FCA satisfaction survey comes, I give them high marks. Awwww, aren't they just the sweetest? Lol.

BroncoNS

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited
@mwilk012 - We cannot speak to the dealer's diagnosis because we are not mechanically trained. However, if you need assistance having the TSB applied, please send us a PM and we will escalate a case for you.

@McFarley - We're sorry to hear about this confusion. Please send us a message if you would like additional support.

@lepcat - Please continue working with us in PMs. We can certainly have a case escalated for additional review.

@Engmoreau - We are happy to help with this. Please send us a message with your VIN, mileage, and dealer to get started.

@g00nda - Thank you for tagging us. We are happy to help. Please send us a PM.

@BroncoNS - As stated in the TSB, as long as the customer describes the symptoms, dealer should perform the repair. If your dealer is giving you a hard time, please message us for support.

@Headbarcode - Thank you for making us aware of this. We are sorry to hear that you were treated this way. Please send us a PM so we can assist by escalating a case on your behalf.

Darlene
Jeep Cares
Thank you a ton for jumping in, Darlene. This is a big deal for Jeep owners and knowing it's also a big deal for Jeep gives me lots of confidence in being a Jeeper for life.

Last edited:

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Went in today for the clutch recall and asked about the TSB for play in the steering. Before I brought it in, I restored the track bar to stock but I still have a Falcon steering stabilizer + Rubi takeoff suspension.
The service advisor seemed to know all about the TSB and said they're switching all the steering boxes from the aluminum to an iron one. He asked if I had "wandering" and I said "yes" so he said he'd check it out. I got a call a few hours later saying the recall work was done and the steering box is ordered. Woohoo!
I remember some people on the steering post back in 2018 saying "relax, FCA will fix it eventually". Looks like they were right and FCA is taking care of us. I greatly appreciate that.
Sorry to all those who are getting the runaround from dealers. Be patient - it seems like most dealers are doing this no questions asked.

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thank you a ton for jumping in, Darlene. This is a big deal for Jeep owners and knowing it's a big deal for Jeep also gives me lots of confidence in being a Jeeper for life.

for JEEPCARES
Appreciate your replies to the folks that were denied.
No one is asking for you to diagnose a mechanical issue. all anyone wants is a clear cut answer from FCA as to whether the implementation of this TSB is subject to the mood and opinion of the dealer or is is clear that as written if a customer complains it is to be done.
As Judge Judy would say,” it’s a yes or no answer”.
Sponsored