OP
OP
Redrockjk

Redrockjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK Wrangler
My local dealership is currently trying to replace everything except the steering box. Communication has been pretty bad. I asked for an update today after hearing nothing for three days and they said “We ordered complete front end parts for the vehicle. We are waiting for them to come in eta is 5 days”
I asked for a more specific explanation and got “We ordered tie rods, sway bar, ball joints, outer tie rod for the vehicle”

@JeepCares is this normal for dealerships to order and replace parts on a vehicle with little to no explanation and no prior authorization?
They are clearly inexperienced. Your jeep needs none of that.
Sponsored

smarshall

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Thanks for reply. Based on your avatar my guess is you only utilize for tire size and TPMS setting?
Yes that and disabling ESS and park sense - since I crushed the sensor cabling installing the replacement rear bumper like a dipshit.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Yes that and disabling ESS and park sense - since I crushed the sensor cabling installing the replacement rear bumper like a dipshit.
Sorry to hear about cabling - Bet you are not the first or last to do so :)
Thanks for verifying Tazer items. Just hoping since I utilize for many LED lighting items I don’t get push back from error codes that may appear when doing updated software. Thanks again...

Engmoreau

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLRU
Has anyone had success with any dealerships in FL? I am getting a complete run around about my lift so they are giving me a hard time regarding the TSB.
i called arrigo Jeep at wpb. They said they haven’t received any TSB applicable to my Jeep.
How did you approach them about the tsb?

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
So here is crazy question. I have a ton of crap turned on with the Tazer - LED headlights/LED DRLs/LED Fogs/LED Tail lights, Tire size, TPMS, ESS disabled, Fog light dropout. The question is when I un-marry will it be throwing a ton of error codes when they go to load new gear box code? Hopefully not get a ticket for all the lights not working on way to dealership. Haha
Only "live" features, like locker use in 2h and 4h, trac kill, etc., will go away when unmarried. All other settings are fully programed in like factory. Part of the initial install involves storing factory settings in the unit, in case you ever want to revert back to fully stock configurations.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Only "live" features, like locker use in 2h and 4h, trac kill, etc., will go away when unmarried. All other settings are fully programed in like factory. Part of the initial install involves storing factory settings in the unit, in case you ever want to revert back to fully stock configurations.
Interesting Mike. I thought when you unmarry the device it took it back to stock. I thought the "live" features were only impacted if you disconnect the mini but not unmarry? That brings up another question - could I just disconnect the mini, reconnect the security gateway plugs and leave all programming intact to have dealer install new code for steering? Not sure if that creates other issues when servicing.

drvn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2014 JKU, 2005 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting Mike. I thought when you unmarry the device it took it back to stock. I thought the "live" features were only impacted if you disconnect the mini but not unmarry? That brings up another question - could I just disconnect the mini, reconnect the security gateway plugs and leave all programming intact to have dealer install new code for steering? Not sure if that creates other issues when servicing.
This is as I understand it as well. When you go through the unmarry process...all reverts to stock which was stored on Tazer device during initial marry. Also, live features only available when device is physically plugged in. Non live items stay after initial marry...until processed through the unmarry process.

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
They are clearly inexperienced. Your jeep needs none of that.
Oh I know, but so long as the parts are under warranty I might as well get new ones. I’m at 35,750mi right now. I’m a service advisor at another shop, if I could get the box myself I would.

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
This is as I understand it as well. When you go through the unmarry process...all reverts to stock which was stored on Tazer device during initial marry. Also, live features only available when device is physically plugged in. Non live items stay after initial marry...until unmarried.
Yeah it seems to be unclear what stays vs what goes. When I unmarried mine recently to update the firmware, I noticed that the seatbelt chime disable stuck around.

Before I catch flack for disabling the seatbelt chime, I don't need a ding to remind me to put on a seat belt when I'm moving my Jeep from the garage to the front of the house.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
This is as I understand it as well. When you go through the unmarry process...all reverts to stock which was stored on Tazer device during initial marry. Also, live features only available when device is physically plugged in. Non live items stay after initial marry...until unmarried.
Yes, I forgot to mention the difference between unmarrying and just simply removing.

drvn is spot on, unmarried reverts to stock. Simply removing the unit will cease live features, but leave the reprogramming for lights and such.

I would recommend paging the OP, who is a Jeep tech, and see what he says about your changes, hoag4147.

OP
OP
Redrockjk

Redrockjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK Wrangler
i called arrigo Jeep at wpb. They said they haven’t received any TSB applicable to my Jeep.
How did you approach them about the tsb?
If you own a JL then this TSB applies. Show them a copy of the TsB photos floating around
Sponsored