Sponsored

lepcat

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Grey JLUR, Sky One Touch
Well I was denied the repair at my local dealer. Well not denied. Was told it was a warranty provision. If I wanted the work done. They would order the parts. I’d just need to pay 1200 dollars for the repair. @JeepCares any help here? I have 58,000 miles on mine and she drives like an ornery mule.

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Well I was denied the repair at my local dealer. Well not denied. Was told it was a warranty provision. If I wanted the work done. They would order the parts. I’d just need to pay 1200 dollars for the repair. @JeepCares any help here? I have 58,000 miles on mine and she drives like an ornery mule.
Do you have service history pre-36K mileage that shows documented steering issues with attempted fixes? Does it have any aftermarket steering, lift kit or suspension parts?

lepcat

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Grey JLUR, Sky One Touch
Do you have service history pre-36K mileage that shows documented steering issues with attempted fixes? Does it have any aftermarket steering, lift kit or suspension parts?
Only the recalled steering stabilizer from the dealer originally purchased from witch is now 4 hours away. Yes I have lift springs and lower control arms.

Sponsored

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
I tried looking up the update parts online, only the old box is available so far. Will be nice when this is widely available. If the oem box is really made in China, that explains everything.

Reno Wrangler

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Has anyone who has had this fix gone off road over rocks/rough terrain? What were your impressions of the handling differences off road?

drvn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2014 JKU, 2005 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Going to the dealer this morning. Of course they said they have to "check it out first"... I plan on handing them the TSB and say I want the proper gear box in my 55K Jeep... Order the parts!
Git 'R Done! :)

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
So here is crazy question. I have a ton of crap turned on with the Tazer - LED headlights/LED DRLs/LED Fogs/LED Tail lights, Tire size, TPMS, ESS disabled, Fog light dropout. The question is when I un-marry will it be throwing a ton of error codes when they go to load new gear box code?
Folks more experienced with Tazer then me. Do you see issues unmarrying my Tazer before taking to shop for the steering update? I don’t think there is an issue but want to verify. TIA

Sponsored

WiseguyDS

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Jeep dropped off last night. TSB left behind just in case.

I'm interested in the question previously asked to anyone who has had the fix, how the Jeep handles off-road. I've been wondering if by tightening steering gear will result in increased fighting the steering wheel while off-roading.

smarshall

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Folks more experienced with Tazer then me. Do you see issues unmarrying my Tazer before taking to shop for the steering update? I don’t think there is an issue but want to verify. TIA
I did not have an issue umarrying my Tazer mini. The hardest part was getting my big mits under the dash to plug the SWG back up. It's at the dealer right now getting the new steering gear. I really hope this fixes it.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I did not have an issue umarrying my Tazer mini. The hardest part was getting my big mits under the dash to plug the SWG back up. It's at the dealer right now getting the new steering gear. I really hope this fixes it.
Thanks for reply. Based on your avatar my guess is you only utilize for tire size and TPMS setting?

OP
OP
Redrockjk

Redrockjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK Wrangler
Good news and Bad news. The good, tech verified the steering box is bad and placed the order for the new revised unit. The bad, two weeks out... Per the service writer they can only order one per week and I am in second place so the new unit will not be here until middle of next week. Fingers are crossed, I really hope this is the fix all....
They can only Order 1 box every 14 days