First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3, Wrangler JL Sport with bad steering
I know right LMAO!
I'm sure there are some service m
So... When reading all of this. It looks like I have to be under warranty to have this done. So this is not a recall? I have about 58,000 miles on my 2018 JLU sport s. And get tired with any road trip over about an hour from fighting the steering.
This being a safety issue, I would ask to get it done as an exception. If you ever had a related accident, I would imagine it would cost FCA a bunch after you sued them. I suspect they will take care of you if you go high enough in the organization and be nice doing so. They don't need you going to your local tv station with your story. IMHO
Sponsored

Simann

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
I'm sure there are some service m

This being a safety issue, I would ask to get it done as an exception. If you ever had a related accident, I would imagine it would cost FCA a bunch after you sued them. I suspect they will take care of you if you go high enough in the organization and be nice doing so. They don't need you going to your local tv station with your story. IMHO
Absolutely agree. I just rolled over 36K miles in my 2019 JL, having the steering damper replaced 3x in 2019 never did resolve the wandering and the dead spot, but it did take care of the "death wobble."

McFarley

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR
Has anyone had success with any dealerships in FL? I am getting a complete run around about my lift so they are giving me a hard time regarding the TSB.

pokey02

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 JCW, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone had success with any dealerships in FL? I am getting a complete run around about my lift so they are giving me a hard time regarding the TSB.
Not yet, please update if you do have success with one of them. I am in S. Florida. Northlake won't return my call; going to try Arrigo next.

My issue is with a right pull. Not sure if this new box will cure that or not. JL steering is certainly nothing like the steering in my JK. JK steering is nice and tight - jeep goes right down the road with minimal input.

Swamp Cabbage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
I just got home from having the service bulletin performed on my 2019 JLUR. The steering is better. The Quitman, GA Jeep dealer that sold me the vehicle did the work. I like these guys much better than my home town dealer. The dealer is a little over an hour away from where I live and I drove home following the same route that I drove the day I bought the vehicle. The route is a good test for the steering because it’s mostly narrow country roads. When the vehicle was new, this drive was exhausting, constantly having to make steering adjustments to keep the vehicle on the road. Today seemed normal. If the steering was the way it is now the day I bought the vehicle, I probably wouldn’t have gone straight to my computer after buying the vehicle to google “JL steering problem,” where I found that 1,000‘s of JL owners had complained to the NTHSA and posted worrisome comments on wranglerforums.com. Happy trails, folks! I hope everyone comes out of this satisfied.

Sponsored

Fatboy97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Rubicon JL
Not sure what you are talking about. Is it just because I happen to own a 2 door. I have never said anything negative about anyone’s interest in what they prefer ( 2 or 4 door ) as a matter of fact I like the 4 door just as much but didn’t need the back seats. I also feel the 4 door rides much better due to the longer wheelbase. Sorry I didn’t make specific references to all wranglers ( 2 & 4 door ) but then again I guess some people feel the need to be trivial. I have been a long time surfer on these forums and have learned a lot about all wranglers, years, common problems and fixes for all models. I have also noticed some people always seem to throw out some sort of jab at someone for no real reason other than to satisfy their own ego. But then again maybe you are the expert, I am not. I will no longer post or reply to any post on this forum. I will just go back to reading between the lines, learning about what works and interest me. Stupid me thought maybe I might have some input that could help someone.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
My local dealership is currently trying to replace everything except the steering box. Communication has been pretty bad. I asked for an update today after hearing nothing for three days and they said “We ordered complete front end parts for the vehicle. We are waiting for them to come in eta is 5 days”
I asked for a more specific explanation and got “We ordered tie rods, sway bar, ball joints, outer tie rod for the vehicle”

@JeepCares is this normal for dealerships to order and replace parts on a vehicle with little to no explanation and no prior authorization?

McFarley

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR
Not yet, please update if you do have success with one of them. I am in S. Florida. Northlake won't return my call; going to try Arrigo next.

My issue is with a right pull. Not sure if this new box will cure that or not. JL steering is certainly nothing like the steering in my JK. JK steering is nice and tight - jeep goes right down the road with minimal input.
The steering box will definitely fix the right pull. I had my box changed from the AD version to the AE version. It worked better but there still is a slight pull at highway speeds. The slop is also there too. The dealership that installed the AE box is giving me a hard time upgrading it under the TSB. It's at the dealership right now though, so fingers crossed.

The problem I'm facing is that they say my lift voids my warranty. I reminded them of my rights under the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act so they agreed to inspect it. I really think they are going "find" something wrong with the lift, wheels, etc... It's been to the dealership for a total of 13 days since July 2nd to address the steering issue and the AE box was installed under warranty.

Now, they say they should have never touched my Jeep at all. I was told they are concerned that FCA will not pay for the parts and labor even under the TSB. Seems like a bad system or corporate policy is in place between FCA (@JeepCares) and the dealerships that directly affects the customers negatively. I never had any issues with any other car brands like this.

Sponsored

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
My dealer said they would “look into it” when I scheduled my oil change. First visit to them with 800 miles on the ODO I complained of this issue.

Has anyone utilized Jeep Cares yet to see if that makes a difference since the TSB states all the customer has to do is mention or complain about wandering and what not?

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Good news and Bad news. The good, tech verified the steering box is bad and placed the order for the new revised unit. The bad, two weeks out... Per the service writer they can only order one per week and I am in second place so the new unit will not be here until middle of next week. Fingers are crossed, I really hope this is the fix all....

richwme90

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Willys 3.6, 6 Speed Manual. 2006 BMW 330i 6 Speed Manual with 258k Miles.
I took my 2020 JLUS in last Friday and the Tech said it was one of the best driving Wranglers he has driven. My wife refuses to drive it on the highway after she had to slam on the brakes at 70 and it was all over the place she said she almost hit the car beside her. My suspension is stock, I was waiting to get the steering fixed before I put in a lift. I talked to the Service Manager and showed him the TSB he claimed he had not seen it. I informed him I would keep coming back until it was done. He said to call him before next time and he would have the Technician ride with me and show him.
Sponsored