Sponsored

VegasJeepJL

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I pulled the sector shaft portion off of mine but left the track bar brace. The dealer installed the new box with the brace still on it.
Did you put the original nut back or leave the Synergy one?
Is the new part compatible with the brace after the swap? - can you tell?
thanks
Sponsored

SilverRubi

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Did you put the original nut back or leave the Synergy one?
Is the new part compatible with the brace after the swap? - can you tell?
thanks
I put the factory nut back on. I have no plan to put the sector brace back on. The bushing was trashed in mine. Grease holes weren't lined up and the bushing was over have way out of the aluminum.

Motorradray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLU MOAB/ 15 Tesla Model S 90D
I called my service department and mentioned my previous service issues on steering wander and mentioned the TSB. No questions asked, they just scheduled an appointment to perform the TSB next week.

lepcat

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Grey JLUR, Sky One Touch
So... When reading all of this. It looks like I have to be under warranty to have this done. So this is not a recall? I have about 58,000 miles on my 2018 JLU sport s. And get tired with any road trip over about an hour from fighting the steering.

Sponsored

Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I dropped mine off this morning, before I could speak the service writer brought up the TSB regarding the steering box and also said it'll take a few days because the word is out and his phone is ringing of the hook BUT there is only one jeep ahead of me. Fingers crossed and yes I am still under factory warranty but I did not ask about out of factory warranty replacements.

virginia_is_for_rubis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
There is a software update required when replacing the steering box
If we have the Synergy steering brace installed, do we need to have it removed before having the TSB performed? Is it a PITA to have the box replaced with the steering brace installed?

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
If we have the Synergy steering brace installed, do we need to have it removed before having the TSB performed? Is it a PITA to have the box replaced with the steering brace installed?
Well at minimum you have to remove the sector shaft brace part of that, it is just two bolts to the "ears" of the frame brace.

If you have the right size socket, you should also replace the sector shaft nut back to factory one.

virginia_is_for_rubis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Well at minimum you have to remove the sector shaft brace part of that, it is just two bolts to the "ears" of the frame brace.

If you have the right size socket, you should also replace the sector shaft nut back to factory one.
I know I *can* do that, I guess I'm asking is if the dealer will be willing to do the TSB if I show up and it has the brace on it (or if I *have* to remove it, as it's a bit of a pain).

I also don't have the factory one anymore and the new sector shaft nut is red loctited (per instructions from Synergy).

Sponsored

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
I know I *can* do that, I guess I'm asking is if the dealer will be willing to do the TSB if I show up and it has the brace on it (or if I *have* to remove it, as it's a bit of a pain).

I also don't have the factory one anymore and it the new sector shaft nut is red loctited (per instructions from Synergy).
Well, that really depends on the dealer and the tech. I highly doubt if a vehicle is on the lift and tech starts to remove parts, and he is irritating enough to just lower it down and back it out because a single nut.

Better bring a box of donuts when you show up at the service bay.

klhjeep2018

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Sales manager
So... When reading all of this. It looks like I have to be under warranty to have this done. So this is not a recall? I have about 58,000 miles on my 2018 JLU sport s. And get tired with any road trip over about an hour from fighting the steering.
I have 38K on my 2018 Jeep, Called my dealer last Thursday and No questions asked they ordered the parts.