OP
OP
Redrockjk

Redrockjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK Wrangler
If anyone is in the Minneapolis area with this issue shoot me a pm and I’d be glad to help out.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Redrockjk

Redrockjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK Wrangler
I called my dealer on Friday about this, he said he was very familiar with the tsb. I explained that I took delivery of my jlu last last week and immediately took it on a 400 mi road trip and struggled to keep it in my lane. He told me he can put me on the list and get back to me in a couple months since he had about 20+ people already on the list. He said he can only order 1 parts every 20 days
They can order 1 part every 14 days. That my change and if it does I’ll be damn sure to let everyone know

OP
OP
Redrockjk

Redrockjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK Wrangler
Here is my nightmare experience with the "loose steering":

- Purchased 2020 JLUR on 9/13/19 from https://www.fitzpatrickschryslerjeep.com/

- Drive home I couldn't keep the jeep straight and it felt like a constant battle staying in a lane.

- Brought the jeep to a local dealer https://www.globalautomall.com/ on 09/27/19. The service manager at Global Auto Mall basically told me that "it drives just like how a jeep is supposed to". He also claimed he took a ride in the jeep with me and I was not even informed about the road test. So they either did NOT test drive the jeep or they test drove it without me in the jeep to showcase what I experience.

- 10/14/19 opened a "loose steering wheel" case with FCA (case # 75712549)

- No Update from FCA Group so I Called in on 2/20/20 only to be notified that the previous case
(75712549) has been closed due to "no resolution". The rep on the phone opens another case - 75712549. I email FCA group back and forth and I was advised to take the jeep into another dealer for assessment on 3/16/20. Things were starting to close around that time anyways due to CV-19 so I decided to wait.

- I get the jeep lifted with a 2.5 MetalCloak lift and new wheels with 37" BFG KO2 tires on 7/27/20

- 8/10/20 FCA announces tsb-08-074-20 so I contact FCA Group again on 8/12/20. I am informed that case # 75712549 is also closed.

- I opened another case (76933493) on 8/12/20 and the new advisor suggests taking the jeep into another dealer. I bring the jeep into Autoland, Springfield, NJ dealership for tsb-08-074-20 only to be told by the service manager that the "jeep is modified and that they wont even touch it"

- On 8/21/20 this is what the FCA Group advisor wrote to me in an email:

"The dealership will not be able to diagnose the vehicle with the aftermarket Lift Kit especially since it is not MOPAR. The only way that it would be able to be diagnosed would be returning the vehicle to stock. Would this be something you are able to do?"

@JeepCares , can someone please assist? Is this FCA's stance on jeep's that have lift kits?
Bring it to me and I’d be more than happy to service your jeep.

g00nda

First Name
g00nda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Bring it to me and I’d be more than happy to service your jeep.
Thank you sir. I gather you in MN area? That's a bit of a ride but appreciate the offer. If all else fails I am calling the dealer I purchased the jeep at, hoping they will come through.

Sponsored

breakerbaker

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2.0 JLU Sport S, 2015 Kawasaki Ninja 650, 2003 100th Anniversary Harley-Davidson Softtail
Occupation
Navy Doc
Is this something I will have to worry about in my 2021 Sport when I take delivery or has Jeep addressed this? Cheers!

DOCXKT

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JEEP WRANGLER JL UNLIMITED SAHARA
Just scheduled my appointment at bayside Jeep N.Y for next week Tuesday. Wish me luck! Even tho my car is being serviced at westbury Jeep for paint cracking at this moment, they told me I would have to schedule another appointment because they can take only one job at a time.... I’m starting to hate my Jeep.

drvn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2014 JKU, 2005 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
George/znakos on this forum did a nice job showing what the steering is like after new steering box. TSB 08-074-20

Sponsored

Fatboy97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Rubicon JL
I drove a Jeep that had this done and can honestly say it solves the steering problem. What a pleasure to drive, absolutely beautiful. I called the dealer that installed his today and all they asked for was the vin# and mileage for my Jeep. They ordered the part today, said it would take maybe a couple of weeks and they would call me to schedule service. Other than this issue my Jeep has been perfect, so I am really looking forward to this fix. I can only hope others may find dealers willing to fix this known problem.

Engmoreau

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLRU
How will this work for those that are past warranty? Pay for the upgrade?

maybe tazer Jl should provide the update and we could buy the part to install

Sydwaiz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 73 CJ-5
I hear some guys over in the diesel section are having overheated power steering issues when offroading. I'm not sure if it's the same with the gas models.
Does anyone think this new box will affect the fluid temps while offroading? I'm sure the valving inside the box will be different somehow.
Sponsored