Sponsored

Sydwaiz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 73 CJ-5
Curious if this box will come installed on the 2021 models. Or will we get the older one and then have to go the TSB route if/when there are issues?
Sponsored

paulr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR
can anyone confirm if the cost of this is covered under warranty or is this an out of pocket fix? So far had 1 dealer refusing to acknowledge the TSB and another saying I have to order my own parts

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
can anyone confirm if the cost of this is covered under warranty or is this an out of pocket fix? So far had 1 dealer refusing to acknowledge the TSB and another saying I have to order my own parts
If you’re still in your 36k/3 year basic it should be a warranty repair.

Sponsored

JavaRunner

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara

Karnak

First Name
Yan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL 3.6 Sport S - 2 door
Occupation
government
Vehicle Showcase
The TSB also applies to Canada, I’m from Montreal and my dealer actioned the TSB and is ordering the parts.
Excellent news! gonna check out with my dealer, ty!

Sponsored

blschaefer1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport S
FYI, my dealer reports he can only order one set of parts every two weeks. I am number two in line apparently. He has one set inbound for another customer and will order mine on Sept. 1st.

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
2021s will indeed have the newer steering gearbox already installed
does this include the diesels as well? I’ve got a JT on order

also does anyone know if the synergy sector shaft/ tracbar brace will work with this ?

Last edited:

Skip1024

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited
OK Just got back from the dealer having my steering problem FIXED!!! I'M Stoked about the repair. My Sahara now rides like a $55K Jeep. Steering feels totally deferent not fighting it the whole time your driving. Seems very sensitive you move the wheel the Jeep moves no more guessing where it's going or pulling left and right. I was driving home on the highway and took my hands off the wheel and this baby stayed straight and true.. I'm a happy camper now.. I'll post my service ticket and a picture of the new gear to follow up on my last post. Go get it done you'll love your jeep again..
Skip
Jeep Wrangler JL Steering issues cured by installing new Steering gear box! (per TSB 08-074-20) New gear
Jeep Wrangler JL Steering issues cured by installing new Steering gear box! (per TSB 08-074-20) service ticket