Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Tan 4Xe Rubicon
Occupation
Elevator Techinician.
Sorry man. No idea. Maybe someone else will weigh in
Looks like that is the aluminum steering gear, thus the discounted price. That all I can figure. It actually references a pic of it.

So the AE is for sure the steel gear, I hate my dealership and would rather buy the part versus them touching my vehicle under warranty.

How messed up is that? That's how broken Jeep's warranty system is. And how incompetent their dealerships (locally) are.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like that is the aluminum steering gear, thus the discounted price. That all I can figure. It actually references a pic of it.

So the AE is for sure the steel gear, I gate my dealership and would rather but the part versus them touch my vehicle under warranty.

How messed up is that? That's how broken Jeeps warranty system is. And how incompetent their dealerships (locally) are.
Do you have a work around for the software update that goes with it. I wonder what the stealership would charge just for that....🤔

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

So the AE is for sure the steel gear, I gate my dealership and would rather but the part versus them touch my vehicle under warranty.

How messed up is that? That's how broken Jeeps warranty system is. And how incompetent their dealerships (locally) are.
The AE gear is the aluminum one. The AA is the new steel gear. Definitely some dealers are better then others

Obi.Wan.Shawnobi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Elevator Techinician.
The AE gear is the aluminum one. The AA is the new steel gear. Definitely some dealers are better then others
That blows me away that the new one is that much cheaper. I can't imagine that pricing is correct.

Obi.Wan.Shawnobi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Elevator Techinician.
Do you have a work around for the software update that goes with it. I wonder what the stealership would charge just for that....🤔
Jebus. I never even heard about that. What could possibly be different to need a flash?

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Trollboogie

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Hellayella, 2021 Mojave, 2006 GTO
Occupation
Machinist
Well after driving it for a week. I will say that it is very much improved. It doesn't wander on the highway anymore. It even did good with 40 psi in the tires. (I guess they thought it needed that) On top of everything... they even replaced the track bar without me saying anything. In my opinion, it drives like it should.

20201220_232502.jpg

bmrrwolfe

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2005 Grand Cherokee
Has anyone had any issues after getting their steering gear box replaced? I had my trackbar replaced last year due to wandering on the highway and it made a good improvement, but still thought it could be better. I finally got the steering gear box done last week (I did verify it was replaced and with new bolts) while it did feel a little bit better, while on the highway cruising doing 70 hit an expansion joint and got death wobble for the first time did it a second time at 60 not as bad but twice in a 6 mile drive (never had it in the 20K miles in my JL, but have had it in my old lifted XJ so I know the feeling) scared the crap out of me as I was not expecting it and glad it was me driving and not my wife. Called the dealer and its going back in tomorrow, but curious if anyone else has had any issues AFTER their replacement?

Drove it around on city streets and 4 lane road up to 50 and did not happen again, so it appears to only happen at highway speeds.

Obi.Wan.Shawnobi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Elevator Techinician.
I hate my dealership. I want nothing to do with them. its soo bad that i drive my Wrangler in an (unsafe condition) because i dont want them to touch my Wrangler. I know they will give me crap about having larger tires, and aftermarket track bar, etc. I'm thinking about just buying the damn thing myself and installing it. I just cant believe that I cannot adjust the one thats in there. I may just crank on it until it breaks, then i will have to buy one. lol
Sponsored