First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
I was really impressed with Westgate as a buyer. Unfortunately, they are too far away for me to go back for the TSB. I don't have much confidence in the locals, so I'm doing it myself.
Had a great experience myself buying from them. Usually, I had gone to Leith but Westgate gave me a great deal. Would certainly recommend them. Their service department has never given me an issue thus far so fingers crossed! How far are you from there? You in GA?
Sponsored

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
Had a great experience myself buying from them. Usually, I had gone to Leith but Westgate gave me a great deal. Would certainly recommend them. Their service department has never given me an issue thus far so fingers crossed! How far are you from there? You in GA?
Yes, 8 hours away. I bought the cheapest Rubicon in the country in July :)

DesertJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
After multiple visits to the dealer and several months in maintenance we thought the new steering box would fix the right pull of my 2019 JLUR but unfortunately it didn't fix anything. Now the dealer wants to change my front differential and take chasis measurements as a lost resort. I'm about done with this crop which I can't drive and when I did my safety was in constant danger. Dealer didn't even provide a replacement car for the 2 months my car has been with them!!

Senditrubi

First Name
Rubi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Diesel Rubicon , 2020 JT sport
Link to TSB 08-074-20: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...b-08-074-20-for-improved-steering-feel.56363/

Update: Just got down with my 10 miles test drive and I’m happy to say that al of the steering issues are GONE!! Super excited to report that.

Wander and deadspot 100% gone in my jeep. No steering box brace only a Steersmarts Yeti HD trac bar. AEV 2.5 lift with 38in Milestars on Mopar Beadlocks

My impressions on video:​

New steering gear parts:

2D107EB2-5FD0-45C9-A127-80C5DB2D32C7.jpeg
0701AC6D-DD15-4287-A454-C7D5C5A4772F.jpeg
Do you take yours offroad at all? If so how is it now?

Sponsored

Senditrubi

First Name
Rubi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Diesel Rubicon , 2020 JT sport
Last time I talked to PSC they had an Ecodiesel JL in their possession and were working on a traditional belt driven pump and heavy-duty steering box. I guess that will be my route. Congrats to everyone that got their’s tracking true.

so they no longer have the vehicle in their possession I was too much liability with how much they would’ve had to disassemble it. however they did order what was supposed to be a full assembly Mopar sent them just a block. so they are waiting on other components which with Covid takes forever. most likely will be eight months to a year before we have anything.
This formation was given to me a few weeks ago directly from PSC.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
After multiple visits to the dealer and several months in maintenance we thought the new steering box would fix the right pull of my 2019 JLUR but unfortunately it didn't fix anything. Now the dealer wants to change my front differential and take chasis measurements as a lost resort. I'm about done with this crop which I can't drive and when I did my safety was in constant danger. Dealer didn't even provide a replacement car for the 2 months my car has been with them!!
Hello @DesertJeep
We are very sorry to hear that your steering concerns have not yet been resolved. Please message our team with your VIN and mileage so that we may offer our additional assistance during your dealer service.

Kathryn
JeepCares

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
According to them my steering gear came in around October 12 or 13, don’t remember. They installed it the next day and I picked it up on the 13th or 14th. So looks like some other lucky person got your steering gear :LOL: Hope it wasn’t another 2 door! The service manager wasn’t aware there was a different one for the two door so hopefully mine is the only one that got it. I know it makes Tuttle Irvine sound like a mess but honestly their customer service has probably been the best I’ve ever been to. Daily updates!

Edit: I should add I dropped it off late September for warranty issues as well so that’s why it was there so long.
Yes, I agree with you about Tuttle Click's customer service. They are not perfect, but really try to do the right thing for the customer. I recommend them!

By the way, my steering fluid level looks good (warm and cold) after the TSB work.

Trollboogie

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Hellayella, 2021 Mojave, 2006 GTO
Occupation
Machinist
Has anyone in Houston gotten this done? Mind sharing which dealer? Thanks.
Mine is on order at NW Dodge on hwy 290. Phil is my service consultant. I had no problems getting it approved. He did say that there is a wait list. I'm first on the list. It's been several weeks with no ETA. I'm not in a hurry, just glad it got approved.

I did put my air pressure at 38lbs when I brought it in.

Sponsored

Captain Skip

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
Happily retired
Taking mine in to the dealer on Friday so they can "look" at it. They tried to tell me that if it wasn't covered under warranty I would have to pay to have it checked....I don't think so. I've got a copy of the TSB that I'm bringing with me to hand deliver.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Taking mine in to the dealer on Friday so they can "look" at it. They tried to tell me that if it wasn't covered under warranty I would have to pay to have it checked....I don't think so. I've got a copy of the TSB that I'm bringing with me to hand deliver.
Please know that our team is available to you for additional support if needed. Feel free to send us a private message if you face any concerns during your dealer visit.

Kathryn
JeepCares

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I took mine in on Sept 30th for diagnosis. They said they'd order the parts and said 4-6 weeks. A little back story with this dealer. I brought my Jeep in to this dealership in Sept 2019 for rear defroster and they told me they would order the glass and call me. They never did. So being suspicious I called today to get a status. 28 minutes on hold I got through to an advisor who said mine are on order and it will be 4-6 weeks. Also waiting for this entire time for them to give me the 4 digit unlock code so I can sell my 7" radio but now they told me "Jeep put a freeze on us getting them" and he told me I can call Jeep and gave me an 800 number. So the stellar service continues.

I also asked another dealer the OTD price on a 2021 RAM Rebel they had on their lot. He just completely stopped responding too. LOL okay then.

Tony V

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
I had the new steering box installed on my 2018 JL. It drives so much better than it did. Tracks straighter and is much tighter. Dealer is telling me that there is no software update needed. Does that sound right? Is there a software update number to reference?

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I had the new steering box installed on my 2018 JL. It drives so much better than it did. Tracks straighter and is much tighter. Dealer is telling me that there is no software update needed. Does that sound right? Is there a software update number to reference?
It depends on what codes you have. Here is bulletin with code requirements
Jeep Wrangler JL Steering issues cured by installing new Steering gear box! (per TSB 08-074-20) 378A51F8-3246-4B50-91A7-4B4D1D297FC5
Jeep Wrangler JL Steering issues cured by installing new Steering gear box! (per TSB 08-074-20) E0BE676C-67CF-4F66-9BEF-309D1D0B262C
Jeep Wrangler JL Steering issues cured by installing new Steering gear box! (per TSB 08-074-20) 7A1C8273-7B9B-4815-9CAA-50EE8207C574
Sponsored