Jteakus

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecodiesel Unlimited Rubicon
Mine is all apart at the dealership right now. This has been a bad deal for me. I was so looking forward to better steering. Brand new top of the line Rubicon steers worse than my ‘01 TJ AND ‘83 CJ-7. Terrible

Advertisement

Jteakus

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecodiesel Unlimited Rubicon
Last time I talked to PSC they had an Ecodiesel JL in their possession and were working on a traditional belt driven pump and heavy-duty steering box. I guess that will be my route. Congrats to everyone that got their’s tracking true.

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Wonder if something encroaches into the area the new steel box occupies on a Diesel? Would be a real cluster to need a unique box for that model.
Someone said that it is as simple as the diesel box has a different steering ratio than the gas version. I guess that Benny at Mopar parts could advise if the aluminum boxes were different part numbers between gas/diesel.

Later,
Johnny

Spdu4ia

First Name
Travis
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2dr
Picked mine up today definitely better, sorry all you having issues getting it done. Fluid Level is on low but ill keep an eye on it.

It still drives like a solid axle jeep but much smoother and I can one hand it doing 80mph.

I did verify I had the right part number on the box when I dropped it off for the 2dr thanks to you guys/girls

RV Wrench

First Name
Paul
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Cherokee, 93 Wrangler, 19 Wrangler
Picked mine up today definitely better, sorry all you having issues getting it done. Fluid Level is on low but ill keep an eye on it.

It still drives like a solid axle jeep but much smoother and I can one hand it doing 80mph.

I did verify I had the right part number on the box when I dropped it off for the 2dr thanks to you guys/girls

Same here. Got mine back today with same results. Noticeably improved sensitivity in the steering.

zrickety

First Name
Ricky
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Sarge 6MT
Occupation
Technician
My new steering box came today, not bad considering I ordered just a couple weeks ago. Shipping took it's toll but luckily everything looks ok inside. The bolts coming from the other dealer have also shipped.
IMG_20201021_200744500.jpg
IMG_20201021_201215925.jpg

Advertisement

TopLift Pros

Advertisement