Sponsored

Jteakus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecodiesel Unlimited Rubicon
You are dead on, I will pull it. Better to be safe than sorry.
Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
This is just my opinion, but I would unmarry it and pull it before taking your rig in for service. Iā€™ve been using the tazer nearly two years now without any problems, but my dealer doesnā€™t know it exists.

If you tell your dealer you have the tazer or leave it in and they find out , then they will blame everything you have trouble with on it, and potentially use it void your warranty on whatever it is your having worked on, just like they do when you lift or modify your rig.

Iā€™m not saying your dealer would care , and not all dealerships care but I choose to error on the side of caution.........:)......again , just my .02.
Crossing post :)
I am not positive but if they flash your system it could create issues on the tazer. Maybe not now but in the future. Someone smarter than me in relation to the Tazer may know.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
This is just my opinion, but I would unmarry it and pull it before taking your rig in for service. Iā€™ve been using the tazer nearly two years now without any problems, but my dealer doesnā€™t know it exists.

If you tell your dealer you have the tazer or leave it in and they find out , then they will blame everything you have trouble with on it, and potentially use it to void your warranty on whatever it is your having worked on, just like they do when you lift or modify your rig.

Iā€™m not saying your dealer would care , and, not all dealerships care, but I choose to error on the side of caution.........:)......again , just my .02.
You could be right. In fact, Iā€™m sure that warranty denial occurs, but not as often as is represented in these forums. Iā€™m on my 11th new Jeep in 20 years and Iā€™ve had them serviced at at least a dozen different dealers. Iā€™ve never heard a peep about my mods. Perhaps Iā€™m just lucky. Personally, I think that the ā€œdissenting dealerā€œ story is largely overblown.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
You could be right. In fact, Iā€™m sure that warranty denial occurs, but not as often as is represented in these forums. Iā€™m on my 11th new Jeep in 20 years and Iā€™ve had them serviced at at least a dozen different dealers. Iā€™ve never heard a peep about my mods. Perhaps Iā€™m just lucky. Personally, I think that the ā€œdissenting dealerā€œ story is largely overblown.
Yeah , I agree there are some decent common sense, Jeep savoy dealerships out there. However I just choose to ā€œnot poke the bearā€......;)

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
I've put about 4,000 miles on my new box Julie and haven't noticed any change in that time. Still drives fine.

Later,
Johnny
thank you!!
i heard from another local guy that he and a friend who just had the steering replaced had trouble off road, said it felt like the Jeep turned off while on a trail. Hope thatā€™s a fluke! Mine is doing great So far!

Sponsored

20 JL Jeeper

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL unlimited Altitude
Occupation
Retired
My 2020 JL Unlimited is in the shop getting itā€˜s new gearbox installed since last Wednesday. Waiting on a special kind of alignment tool for the gearbox. I hadnā€™t read anything on this. Anybody know what Iā€™m talking about?
Update ā€” there was not a special tool, it was some tools missing from the kit. Alignment was an excuse for the missing tools in the kit. Got my Jeep back today. It drove (Awesome) like a it should have when I bought it in Sept 2019. Just soaped down the area and hosed off the steering fluid residue & gave it a bath. All is good.ā­ā­

Tony V

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
So happy we finally have a fix for this. 34k miles and still under warranty. 2 south Florida dealers wonā€™t put in the new box under warranty. Aholes!!! Sprung for the box and bolts online and having local shop install. Canā€™t stand dealer service!!!

20 JL Jeeper

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL unlimited Altitude
Occupation
Retired
So happy we finally have a fix for this. 34k miles and still under warranty. 2 south Florida dealers wonā€™t put in the new box under warranty. Aholes!!! Sprung for the box and bolts online and having local shop install. Canā€™t stand dealer service!!!
I would call Jeep Customer Service!

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
So just an FYI to those of you who had this done.

Mine was done about 3 weeks ago. When I got it back the PS fluid was right at the mid way between min and max level in the reservoir.

Over those 3 weeks it's dropped to below the min, but still above the bottom of the reservoir - so not empty or sucking in air.

I've looked for leaks and none, and topped it back up and will watch the level.

I can only assume it was not fully "burped" and some air came out that took in the additional reservoir fluid.

So keep an eye on the fluid level.

As an FYI AAP sells compatible Pentosin CHF11S fluid which is MS-11655 certified - not cheapest place to get it but open to 9pm on Saturdays.

Sponsored

Tony V

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
I would call Jeep Customer Service!
I did after dealer #1. Jeep said to go to another dealer. Dealer number 2 said the same thing. They said itā€™s normal for a Jeep. Couldnā€™t be more frustrated. Thatā€™s is why I just ordered the damn thing and going to have it installed. I will call Jeep one more time

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
I did after dealer #1. Jeep said to go to another dealer. Dealer number 2 said the same thing. They said itā€™s normal for a Jeep. Couldnā€™t be more frustrated. Thatā€™s is why I just ordered the damn thing and going to have it installed. I will call Jeep one more time
Tony, you can message @JeepCares on the forum and ask for their assistance.

Good luck!

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
My new steering box has shipped from Moparfactoryparts.com
The mounting bolts I had to get from another dealership.
All told I've got about $400 spent doing this myself. I will update when it arrives.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
My new steering box has shipped from Moparfactoryparts.com
The mounting bolts I had to get from another dealership.
All told I've got about $400 spent doing this myself. I will update when it arrives.
Was the steering box not $800 on it's own, before core charge?

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
Was the steering box not $800 on it's own, before core charge?
For the 2 door it was $327 plus shipping. NO core charge.
Part number 68507571AA.
Sponsored