Sponsored

Crawl Away

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited - 1998 TJ Sport
It looks like you could use some Rock Krawler lower spring pads to correct that outward bow.
Thanks. That picture had the suspension fully drooped. The springs don’t lean or bend at ride height.
Sponsored

AirportDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUXR, 2018 GC Trailhawk Hemi
Occupation
Aeronautics Professional
Had the TSB completed on my 2018 two door Rubicon last Thursday, and all I can say is WOW! Drives exponentially better. No dead spot, much tighter and more responsive steering, and 75 mph on the highway no longer requires constant corrections- this fix worked for me! No notchy steering or noisy pump either.

And although they left some drops of PS fluid on my right fender, I can't say enough great things about Autonation Jeep West here in Golden, CO. I was expecting some pushback on the TSB due to my 35's, Mopar lift, JKS front trackbar and Fox ATS steering stabilizer. No argument at all, and turns out they had the box on the shelf and did it the same day. Service advisor said they had it for one of their techs who had ordered it in for his personal Jeep, but decided to use it for mine. Not sure if that's true or not, but who cares? At least I didn't have to wait weeks for the parts!

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Service advisor said they had it for one of their techs who had ordered it in for his personal Jeep, but decided to use it for mine. Not sure if that's true or not, but who cares? At least I didn't have to wait weeks for the parts!
Probably because they know you have that Hemi Trailhawk cred :rock:

AirportDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aeronautics Professional
Probably because they know you have that Hemi Trailhawk cred :rock:
Hah! Well I didn't get the JL from them, but I did buy our GC there!

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I think the Jeep is on a lift. It would seem that setting it in the ground or putting in in 4low and disconnecting the electric sway bar would be an option. I protested and was told that they will see what they can do.
They've also dumped power steering fluid all over your front axle and probably everything below the pump.

As for the pitman they use a puller to remove it, and seems they are saying it is tough to get that on with the lift kit setup you have so they want to remove the sway-bar disconnects to get access.

Sponsored

Jteakus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecodiesel Unlimited Rubicon
My steering box replacement is scheduled for Wednesday. For those who have a Tazer installed did you pull it? Thanks in advance.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
My steering box replacement is scheduled for Wednesday. For those who have a Tazer installed did you pull it? Thanks in advance.
Yes - Unmarried and removed

AirportDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aeronautics Professional
Completely forgot to pull mine, but no issues after the fact.

20 JL Jeeper

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL unlimited Altitude
Occupation
Retired
My 2020 JL Unlimited is in the shop getting it‘s new gearbox installed since last Wednesday. Waiting on a special kind of alignment tool for the gearbox. I hadn’t read anything on this. Anybody know what I’m talking about?

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
What is the concern about the Tazer? Is there a fear that FCA may react negatively to its existence on the Jeep?

Sponsored

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
My 2020 JL Unlimited is in the shop getting it‘s new gearbox installed since last Wednesday. Waiting on a special kind of alignment tool for the gearbox. I hadn’t read anything on this. Anybody know what I’m talking about?
If there is such an alignment tool, this could explain some of the reasons people are having unexplained issues with their new steering box.

20 JL Jeeper

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL unlimited Altitude
Occupation
Retired
If there is such an alignment tool, this could explain some of the reasons people are having unexplained issues with their new steering box.
[/QUOTE
Just found out they were just missing some tools in a kit.

Last edited:

Jteakus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecodiesel Unlimited Rubicon
I was just curious about the Tazer. I think they have to do a software update and didn’t want the techs to have any problems. I’ll ask service writer when I check it in tomorrow whether or not I need to pull it. Will report back

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I was just curious about the Tazer. I think they have to do a software update and didn’t want the techs to have any problems. I’ll ask service writer when I check it in tomorrow whether or not I need to pull it. Will report back
This is just my opinion, but I would unmarry it and pull it before taking your rig in for service. I’ve been using the tazer nearly two years now without any problems, but my dealer doesn’t know it exists.

If you tell your dealer you have the tazer or leave it in and they find out , then they will blame everything you have trouble with on it, and potentially use it to void your warranty on whatever it is your having worked on, just like they do when you lift or modify your rig.

I’m not saying your dealer would care , and, not all dealerships care, but I choose to error on the side of caution.........:)......again , just my .02.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
As recommended on here by many members - always unmarry and remove before service.
Sponsored