hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
it looks new and it’s solid black, the old one wasn’t black right?
Well then a couple things to think about then. Tire pressure too high, and seeing that you are lifted, your caster setting could be low. Both of these can contribute to the feeling of floaty.
Sponsored

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
even with the fix don’t expect it to drive like a Benz.
Understand it’s STILL a Jeep made to climb up rocks and plow thru snow and sand. Not, independent front suspension..it’s still one solid axle. Its not going to be flawless, mine is a huge improvement and steers like I would expect it to.
Drives just like my older JK, little bit of of play and roughness.
my jk drive way better, the jl has always felt on the verge of not being under control over 60mph my Jack always felt stiff and different than a car but it felt solid.. this is somehow loose , I will say new steering box helped, I am going to take it back Tuesday and have them tighten down every single bolt in the front end

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Well then a couple things to think about then. Tire pressure too high, and seeing that you are lifted, your caster setting could be low. Both of these can contribute to the feeling of floaty.
the tires are at 41 and I will lower tomorrow to 34, but I also have a bi directional steering stabilizer adjustable track bar.. And I only lifted 1.5” so my goemetry is pretty good.. I don’t have control arms so I am not running the 6 caster everyone talks about

kkarnage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392, 2020 JLUR, 2015 JKR
Occupation
Retired
the tires are at 41 and I will lower tomorrow to 34, but I also have a bi directional steering stabilizer adjustable track bar.. And I only lifted 1.5” so my goemetry is pretty good.. I don’t have control arms so I am not running the 6 caster everyone talks about
41 is waaaay to high, even for stock.

vaayl

First Name
Victoria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Getting to this a bit late, but I had my Jeep in the shop about two weeks ago because of the pulling at high speeds. They checked alignment, replaced a drag link, aligned and sent me on my way.

I still had the problem and thought it could be due to the larger tires, so I upgraded my steering stabilizer over the weekend.

Do you think I would still be able to get this fixed or would changing the stabilizer void warranty?

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Parts are in and mine goes in Monday morning! Lets hope it goes smoothly with the mods in place.

kkarnage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
my jk drive way better, the jl has always felt on the verge of not being under control over 60mph my Jack always felt stiff and different than a car but it felt solid.. this is somehow loose , I will say new steering box helped, I am going to take it back Tuesday and have them tighten down every single bolt in the front end
The only way you’ll get those bolts properly tightened down is to do it yourself.

kkarnage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Getting to this a bit late, but I had my Jeep in the shop about two weeks ago because of the pulling at high speeds. They checked alignment, replaced a drag link, aligned and sent me on my way.

I still had the problem and thought it could be due to the larger tires, so I upgraded my steering stabilizer over the weekend.

Do you think I would still be able to get this fixed or would changing the stabilizer void warranty?
Changing the stabilizer won’t void the warranty. Print out the TSB and take it with you to the dealership. Tell them it wanders on the highway. They just need to fix it.

vaayl

First Name
Victoria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Changing the stabilizer won’t void the warranty. Print out the TSB and take it with you to the dealership. Tell them it wanders on the highway. They just need to fix it.
Thank you!! I wish I would’ve found this a few weeks ago, need to pay attention to the forums more for sure!

Sponsored

kkarnage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Dealership always does it, I didn’t feel like breaking out my deflator kit tonight..
This is why my Jeep never goes near a stealership for anything other than a recall which I can’t do myself, or have done by a shop that I trust.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like you are thinking through things correctly. Dealers (Tire places included) always over inflate, I get what you’re saying. Only reason I really mentioned lift is many complain about caster even on stock Rubicons. Could go cheaper route with Mopar lift LCAs if wanted. Good luck getting it where you want it. Great looking rig

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Just a SWAG by looking at your Jeep in your avatar, but I'd say that your lift netted you more than 1.5" If I were you I would get the Mopar arms for the sixty bucks or whatever, and try to get some more caster back. These Jeeps drive so much better with some extra caster.

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Just a SWAG by looking at your Jeep in your avatar, but I'd say that your lift netted you more than 1.5" If I were you I would get the Mopar arms for the sixty bucks or whatever, and try to get some more caster back. These Jeeps drive so much better with some extra caster.
I have had transmission, coolant and steering issues I am going to lemon law this one and get a new one same color and do a 2.5 liftwith lower control arms.. possibly an overland style kit