Sponsored

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Great news!

Just curious if this is also a Chinese made box from same or different supplier.

Would be funny if it’s basically a JK box.
Sponsored

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
And here we go......
2D107EB2-5FD0-45C9-A127-80C5DB2D32C7.jpeg
0701AC6D-DD15-4287-A454-C7D5C5A4772F.jpeg
Thanls so much for the info on the new steering box. :like:

Just curious, Do the replacement instructions call for removal and reinstallation of the Track Bar?

Karnak

First Name
Yan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL 3.6 Sport S - 2 door
Occupation
government
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. I'll use this. (Dealer couldn't/didn't read the T.S.B we took to them for this check. Refused to do the work.)
thats what mI was wondering if it would be applicable to Canada or the Dealers would just say "its a U.S. TSB so doen't apply to Canadian models...;)...I'm affraid of going to my dealer with the TSB and they're gonna just shrug it off as U.S. only...

18BlackJLRU

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4XE Rubicon
thats what mI was wondering if it would be applicable to Canada or the Dealers would just say "its a U.S. TSB so doen't apply to Canadian models...;)...I'm affraid of going to my dealer with the TSB and they're gonna just shrug it off as U.S. only...
The TSB also applies to Canada, I’m from Montreal and my dealer actioned the TSB and is ordering the parts.

mike49107

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I really wish that I could find a good dealer service center close to me to do this. It is going to be out of pocket cost for me to do it, and I can't seem to find anywhere around me that has any idea what I am talking about when I ask about the repair. For the cost, I want to at least feel somewhat comfortable that they know what they are doing.

If anyone is curious, I was quoted around $1500. and about 3.5 hours labor.

Sponsored

Pred03

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler 2019 Silverado LT
What’s the current TSB with this info? I’d like to have this info when i call my dealer I’m sure.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

blkhawk_jl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
The TSB also applies to Canada, I’m from Montreal and my dealer actioned the TSB and is ordering the parts.
Are you stock or lifted? Im from Canada as well, went to 2 different dealerships both of which told me because im lifted and have larger tires they can't do the TSB. My lift and tires are causing the steering wander they say..lazy bastards

Sponsored

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Yea , I'm lifted also .thinking put back to stock and then take for TSB. Maybe powder coat my coil springs or something give me an excuse. LOL

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 AEV JL370 - Hellayella JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
is there a link to the FB video?

Skip1024

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited
Just dropped my 2020 Sahara off at the dealer for a morning install of the replacement steering gear, only have a 1000 miles on it and refused to accept it back from the dealer until it was fixed. They were understanding and ordered the part 5 days ago. fingers crossed but feeling better since I seen some other post saying it was fixed by the replacement gear box, Took a picture of the old one for some comparison. Will re-post tomorrow night after a 60 mile highway drive at speeds of 70-80 MPH in hot Florida. Should be a good heat test as well.
Skip

Jeep Wrangler JL Steering issues cured by installing new Steering gear box! (per TSB 08-074-20) Steering Gear Defective

Last edited:

drvn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2014 JKU, 2005 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Just dropped my 2020 Sahara off at the dealer for a morning install of the replacement steering gear, only have a 1000 miles on it and refused to accept back from the dealer until it was fixed. They were understanding and ordered the part 5 days ago. fingers crossed but feeling better since I seen some other post saying it was fixed by the replacement gear box, Took a picture of the old one for some comparison. Will repost tomorrow night after a 60 mile highway drive at speeds of 70-80 MPH in hot Florida. Should be a good heat test as well.
Skip

Jeep Wrangler JL Steering issues cured by installing new Steering gear box! (per TSB 08-074-20) Steering Gear Defective
Won't accept back until fixed....
Like a Boss. Well done Sir.
I hope for all of our sakes that this works.

bbq4133

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Granite Crystal 6MT
Any updates on this? Probably the thing I like the least about my JLUR is the steering feel at highway speeds.
Sponsored