Steering Issue at 1300 Miles - Failed Track Bar Mount

NFA Fun

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
A quick introduction...proud but concerned owner of a 2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited. Traded in a new 17 JK RU as soon as I saw the JLs on the lot. Happy with the JL and would buy another one in a second, but the weld issue is of concern. I had our local dealership run my VIN and there is no recall on my JL. But showing them pictures of my bracket, they were surprised as the weld is on the bracket and not contacting the frame. Will be taking it back to the selling dealer to confirm all my contact info is correct in the system.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Will get my profile filled out and look forward to participating on the site!

Thanks!! Brian
Sponsored

OP
OP
UNC Rubicon

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
A quick introduction...proud but concerned owner of a 2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited. Traded in a new 17 JK RU as soon as I saw the JLs on the lot. Happy with the JL and would buy another one in a second, but the weld issue is of concern. I had our local dealership run my VIN and there is no recall on my JL. But showing them pictures of my bracket, they were surprised as the weld is on the bracket and not contacting the frame. Will be taking it back to the selling dealer to confirm all my contact info is correct in the system.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Will get my profile filled out and look forward to participating on the site!

Thanks!! Brian
Can you post your pictures here? If the bead is not on the seam, it’s not safe to drive. The bracket will fail eventually. Don’t take no for an answer.

NFA Fun

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
UNC, I have a decent quality picture I will upload later tonight. Not the best as it was quick picture to have on file. You can actually slip the edge of a piece of paper behind the weld and frame.

After seeing some of the attempted hack jobs at welding to fix this, I am not sure what to do. Not to mention, future corrosion and any possible title issues.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
UNC, I have a decent quality picture I will upload later tonight. Not the best as it was quick picture to have on file. You can actually slip the edge of a piece of paper behind the weld and frame.

After seeing some of the attempted hack jobs at welding to fix this, I am not sure what to do. Not to mention, future corrosion and any possible title issues.
Get a professional second opinion from an expert welder at an insurance contractor body shop . Get a written evaluation for future use .
Sponsored