NCJeepn73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU, Bld date: 2/2018
Occupation
Technical SEO & Web Development
Quick update:

I spoke with @Travis@TriCityJeep this morning and he is doing everything he can to help out. He's passed along the pictures to his service manager and general manager. I will be having the Jeep towed to his dealership and will be provided a loaner. He is (or will be) in contact with his FCA rep.

I want to give a huge thank you to @chevymitchell. He's gone above and beyond helping a fellow Jeeper on a local level. Because of him, I've been in contact with a representative at FCA corporate.

The individual I spoke to at corporate said they will be sending out FCA engineers to look at my Jeep. He also mentioned paying for a rental for me.

I'm sure this will be a long and drawn out process but at least the ball is rolling. Thanks to everyone who has posted. Advice and opinions are always welcome - regardless if I agree with everything that is posted.

I'll keep you guys updated as I learn more.
That's great that things are moving. I would strongly urge you to get a professional, certified welding inspector (CWI) involved if FCA says they are just going to weld your track bar back on. Since mine was done by FCA last week and then looked at again by my welder contacts, they have said that it doesn't look to be a well-placed protocol to weld the track bar bracket back into place or to reinforce it. And mine wasn't even detached!

I noticed on your FB post that a few guys chimed in from Synergy Manufacturing saying they are working on a fix. I'm assuming this may be a track bar bracket reinforcement piece/bracket? I actually looked for one weeks ago because I knew they made them for the JK. But a super sturdy made track bar reinforcement bracket (third party manu) would make a lot of us feel better about this particular bracket. Maybe Jeep will place some ideas around comping owners who have track bar weld issues who want to pick up a third-party reinforcement bracket? Just an idea. A $100-200 bracket beats a fatality or crashed Jeeps any day of the week.
Sponsored

NCJeepn73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU, Bld date: 2/2018
Occupation
Technical SEO & Web Development

Sponsored

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
When does the NHTSA get involved? After how many complaints?

Mr Bill

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Not sure I do know Jeep recalled the 2007 after a number of complaints were filed! We are up to 85 for steering alone. Seems like the welding is another big issue I am going to CRAWL under mine later today if it ever stops raining and check it out!

Mom2SNSH

First Name
Wendy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
My Sahara was ordered July 12th and is in transit to the dealer. Guess I need to see who I can drag along on delivery day to crawl underneath and take a look!

Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
My Sahara was ordered July 12th and is in transit to the dealer. Guess I need to see who I can drag along on delivery day to crawl underneath and take a look!
Pay the expert auto welder for his time away from work , because you will also need a written evaluation and photos . Hopefully yours will be o.k.

Mr Bill

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Will let you know after I CRAWL under mine tonight. Mine was built in July also so hopefully just have to deal with steering issue

Mr Bill

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
One question is the first picture the passenger or driver side? thanks!
Sponsored