Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Well that would be terrible. I was told my replacement per the TSB was coming on December 7. I hope they aren't going to have to recall the pre-recall TSB correction versions.
And I was told in early November that I couldn’t order the part until December 7. Hmmmm. Tricksters.
Sponsored

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
And I was told in early November that I couldn’t order the part until December 7. Hmmmm. Tricksters.
I will be on the phone today just to verify that the part is still on track for December 7.

OP
OP
bam1111

bam1111

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Don’t forget to reach out to Jeep cares. They may be able to assist the dealer in getting the parts earlier.

JJSix

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2016 Dodge Caravan
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Not severe issues as some report but after reading some others comments, I think what I thought was normal "Jeep steering" is remediable.
That's how I felt about mine, it was slightly worse than my JK but not terrible. new steering box went in just over a week ago and its significantly better. My deadspot is just about gone and it feels more solid and planted now, less "flighty"

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
And due to a parts shortage, the "updated" arrival date for the parts is December 20. Maybe a Christmas present that FCA is giving me.

Sponsored

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler diesel
When I reached out to jeep cares I was told not to expect the new steering box until sometime first quarter 2021. Apparently the TSB for the diesel is on hold pending Engineering acceptance.

@minutemen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black '20 JLUR
I took my 2020 JLUR in back in September and the new steering box was placed on order. I still have not received the box. Called the dealer again today and was told that all deliveries have been placed on hold because the new boxes are having problems and FCA is now doing an engineering investigation on them which I am being told will take until December 20th to complete.
So they are working on a fix for the fix. Nice :CWL:

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
It really isn't all that unusual. My 09 Nissan 370Z would have the steering wheel ignition lock active full time, so you needed to have your vehicle towed when it happened. I and others ended up doing work arounds which disabled the steering wheel lock. It took Nissan 5 different fixes to get it fixed. It took them around 4 to 5 years to make it a TSB meaning many paid for all of this out of pocket or got it fixed under warranty. If it was fixed under warranty, it was just going to break again in the future as it was replaced with the same bad part.

AussieJLOverland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Overland Unlimited
Does anyone have the actual TSB number relating to the steering box? And does anyone know if this TSB affects JL's sold outside of the US like in Australia? So far as of today my dealer has nothing from Jeep on this. Thanks guys

Hucke_250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Sport
Does anyone have the actual TSB number relating to the steering box? And does anyone know if this TSB affects JL's sold outside of the US like in Australia? So far as of today my dealer has nothing from Jeep on this. Thanks guys
Here is the latest tsb I could find and it looks like it applies to North America. I would reach out to @JeepCares.

Edit: here is an earlier tsb that includes APAC countries which I believe Australia is.
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited: