Steering Gear - Likely Recall First of the year

bam1111

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Just made an appointment to have the steering gear TSB done to my 2018 JLUR. The work will be complete under my extended warranty. My service advisor told me that this TSB will likely become a recall after the first of the year and that I could have the work complete now with my $100 deductible or wait for the recall notice. I’m choosing to have it done now, but wanted to let you know to expect a recall notice soon. Let’s hope his information is correct.
Sponsored

Whiskey 13

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Black Rubicon, LOD Signature Mid Width Bumper, Smittybilt Gen 3 12000 Lb. Winch Syn. Rope, Teraflex 1.5" Leveling Kit, Weather Tech Form Fit Mats, ROAM MK 3 Frame Mounted Rock Rails
I took my 2020 JLUR in back in September and the new steering box was placed on order. I still have not received the box. Called the dealer again today and was told that all deliveries have been placed on hold because the new boxes are having problems and FCA is now doing an engineering investigation on them which I am being told will take until December 20th to complete.

OP
OP
bam1111

bam1111

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I took my 2020 JLUR in back in September and the new steering box was placed on order. I still have not received the box. Called the dealer again today and was told that all deliveries have been placed on hold because the new boxes are having problems and FCA is now doing an engineering investigation on them which I am being told will take until December 20th to complete.
That’s odd. My steering box came in last week and will be installed on Friday. I’ll see if I can find out anything more. Have you reached out to Jeep cares for assistance? They were able to assist me by calling the dealer and assisting them in getting the correct parts.

Whiskey 13

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Black Rubicon, LOD Signature Mid Width Bumper, Smittybilt Gen 3 12000 Lb. Winch Syn. Rope, Teraflex 1.5" Leveling Kit, Weather Tech Form Fit Mats, ROAM MK 3 Frame Mounted Rock Rails
That’s odd. My steering box came in last week and will be installed on Friday. I’ll see if I can find out anything more. Have you reached out to Jeep cares for assistance? They were able to assist me by calling the dealer and assisting them in getting the correct parts.
Tried but no response as of yet

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
I’ve been waiting since September for mine as well and was told maybe middle of December after speaking with the shop last week.

Sponsored

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 Door Rubicon 6 Speed
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Just had mine installed a week ago, which was about a month after I requested it. My dealer also told me they were more readily available now which is why mine came in much sooner than originally expected.

OP
OP
bam1111

bam1111

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
When I spoke to Jeep cares about two weeks ago, they told me the ordering procedure had recently changed and they called the dealer. Mysteriously, the pet arrived a week later. 🤷🏼‍♂️

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
When I spoke to Jeep cares about two weeks ago, they told me the ordering procedure had recently changed and they called the dealer. Mysteriously, the pet arrived a week later. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Maybe I’ll give JeepCares a shout. Thanks for the tip.

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Just got a call telling me that the parts are in.

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
Were you having an actual issue or did you just request to have it replaced though no issue?

Sponsored

Whiskey 13

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Now working with Jeep Cares to see if the information my dealership gave me is correct or get my the ball moving forward. Well over 2 months now and time for correct information.

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Were you having an actual issue or did you just request to have it replaced though no issue?
Not severe issues as some report but after reading some others comments, I think what I thought was normal "Jeep steering" is remediable.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
Well that would be terrible. I was told my replacement per the TSB was coming on December 7. I hope they aren't going to have to recall the pre-recall TSB correction versions.

OP
OP
bam1111

bam1111

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I just picked up my JLUR from the dealer after having the TSB completed this morning. I does drive better with much less loose movement in the steering and that’s with them putting 38 pounds of air in my tires. It should be perfect once I drop my air pressure back down to 32. Good luck guys and keep your fingers crossed that the forthcoming recall happens soon.
Sponsored