Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR firecracker red
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Industrial Engineering Technician
Our power steering fluid has been intermittently dumping half or more of the fluid. Tech guy today stated it's common when getting at extreme angles like we do fairly often which explains why it seemed so random. We vary our trail difficulty so our friends with stock rigs can join on some of them too.

He mentioned an aftermarket mod will circumvent this dumping issue, but he wasn't sure who made it. Anyone know what he's referring to? All I can find is death wobble & steering wander complaints, which like he also said, we've taken care of any of that with our Steer Smarts yeti upgrade. Now we just need to get the steering fluid to stay where it's supposed to be when we do stupid things....
Sponsored

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
I've got a tiny bit of residual on the tank around the cap, but never "dumped" any fluid. I think your tech guy is full of it.

OP
OP
Ejpaints

Ejpaints

First Name
Elena
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR firecracker red
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Industrial Engineering Technician
I don’t think he’s full of it all. Only time we’ve dumped fluid is when we were on stupid steep pitches. We normally only get a bit of residual as well, but we’ve lost nearly everything in the reservoir twice.
Sponsored