First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS, 2016 Pathfinder
Occupation
Civil Engineering Designer
Hopefully someone on the inside could chime in. I dont really know.
Sponsored

DesertD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WTB: JLU.
I called a dealer on 10/29 to get put on a list. He ordered my steering box on 11/17 and it arrived today. I havenā€™t heard anything otherwise.

bwilson109

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Dealer Name: AutoNation CDJR
City, State: Katy, TX
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 9/2/2020
Date Completed: N/A
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: Yes/No
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes/No
Dealer disputed the TSB (didnā€™t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Yes/No Dealer claimed that they took the jeep for a test drive and found no issues, yet there was only 1 mile added to the odometer while in their possession. Also claimed that the TSB had been cancelled. Told me I should take the vehicle down the street to the local 4WD shop to have dual steering stabilizers installed.
How likely is it you would recommend this dealerā€™s service department to a friend/colleague? 0 to 10 score 0 - would never recommend this dealer. I went there only because it is the closest one to me.
**UPDATE** I was able to get the work done at Mac Haik CDJR in Houston. It was about a 3 month wait for the parts, but the new steering box is finally installed, and the Jeep drives much better now. Even on a windy day, the Jeep drives down the highway without walking all over the place like it used to.

mvng4wd

First Name
Keno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willy's - 3.0L EcoDiesel
Occupation
Municipal Community Services Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer Name: Tuttle Click CDJR Irvine
City, State: Irvine, CA
Date Taken In 10/15/2020:
Date Completed: TBD
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: Yes
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes (Synergy Spacers)
Dealer disputed the TSB: Yes (because of spacers)
How likely is it you would recommend this dealerā€™s service department to a friend/colleague? 0 (as of today)

After 9 days at the dealership they denied my request for any steering related repairs due to the wheel spacers.
Update 12/13/20:

My 4 Dr Willy's Diesel had the new steer gear installed and I picked it up Friday. Let's just say I have a new rig now! It is night and day better! No wander. No massive pull to the right! It takes uneven parts of the road like a champ now! And the butt pucker affect driving down the freeway next to a big rig is now gone! I now have a solid steering feel with no dead spot and it truly feels like driving a Jeep the way it should feel.

Dealer Name: Tuttle Click CDJR Irvine
City, State: Irvine, CA
Date Taken In 10/15/2020:
Date Completed: 12/11/2020
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes (Synergy wheel Spacers. No other mods)
Dealer disputed the TSB: Yes (because of the wheel spacers) Update: I removed the wheel spacers, took it back in for review and they determined the issue was not related to the spacers, but it was truly eligible for the TSB due to poor steering. Dealer ordered the diesel steering gear, they said it was anticipated to arrive in January. Once I found out the new diesel gear (Part #68507574-AA) arrived (12/2/20), I scheduled an appointment for 12/9/20. Two days prior to the appointment I asked the service manager if I had to remove the wheel spacers prior to the gear replacement and he said that I did not have to do so. TSP repair was complete on 12/11/20.
How likely is it you would recommend this dealerā€™s service department to a friend/colleague? 8 (the dealer finally offered me a loaner each of the 3 times I had to take my Jeep in. After they realized how flexible I would be if they gave me a loaner, I felt like the process went a lot smoother.)

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered my steering box and parts about two months ago and just 3 weeks ago my service writer called me and said her part guy got word that FCA told the dealers will have to reorder on a different system (whatever that means). So got a call and it took 3 weeks for it to come in.

Sponsored

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Dealer Name: Folsom Lake CDJR
City, State: Folsom, CA (east of Sacramento)
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): November 3, 2020
Date Completed: December 3, 2020
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: No
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: MC adjustable LCAs
Dealer disputed the TSB (didnā€™t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Not at all
How likely is it you would recommend this dealerā€™s service department to a friend/colleague? 10

I do have a lot of history with this service department because I went there to deal with my ā€˜19 that was eventually bought back due to steering. The service advisor I work with is fantastic and great to work with.

They did a great job and used new bolts. Iā€™m very happy with the results.

PS: They did tell me that the parts were backordered and it did take one month for the steering gear to come in.

emptyminded42

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hellayella JLU Sport S 6MT, Forester XT
Occupation
Engineer
Final update.

Dealer Name: Ganley Chrysler of Aurora
City, State: Aurora, OH
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 10/9/2020
Date Completed: 12/14/2020
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: No
Dealer disputed the TSB (didnā€™t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): No
How likely is it you would recommend this dealerā€™s service department to a friend/colleague? 6.

Fixed it in a few hours; I had dropped it off in the morning and picked it up in the evening. No issues, it was a huge improvement in steering feel, feedback, and wander. I'm thrilled with the fix but annoyed with how long it took to get a freaking part and it required opening a case with JeepCares to get any sort of communication during the process.

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer Name: Firkins
City, State: Bradenton, FL
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): EVAL NOT NECESSARY
Date Completed: 14 Dec 2020
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes
Dealer disputed the TSB (didnā€™t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): No
How likely is it you would recommend this dealerā€™s service department to a friend/colleague? 10

Quadjeeper

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392XR
Occupation
retired
Just got mine installed. Ordered 2 weeks ago. Is tighter, no more on center play, but doesn't seem to track as well. Maybe needs to break in a bit. Waited on it, took 3 hours with an oil change.

Greenway Chrysler-Jeep
Purchased there as a SO in July
4500 miles on it. Steering was tight until about 2000 miles.
Stock suspension & tires/wheels.
No issues getting it ordered or done.

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
I will update this as time goes by...

Dealer Name: Autonation Jeep West
City, State: Denver/Golden, Co
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 9/8
Date Completed:
  • 09/08: Was told the box was ordered and it could be up to 6 weeks.
  • Update 09/24: called and they said they havenā€™t received any yet and that I could still be another 5-6 weeks.
  • Update 09/28: spoke with Jeepcares about what a reasonable time frame is and what could be done to expedite and was told:
  • Update 10/01: Called to talk to the service advisor (Daniel R). Hug up and redialed after waiting on hold for 22 minutes. Called back and the call rolled over to other departments 3 times. Gave up and called back 30 minutes later. Was told by the service advisor was on another call and they would call me back when off the call. An hour later I got a call back saying it's by 10 weeks. That's on top of the 3.5 I've already waited. Damn, Jeep service sucks.
  • Update Oct 16, 2020: called the worthlessership and was told it could be an additional 2 months. Yeah, Iā€™m going to start getting noisy about this.
  • Update Oct 30, 2020: NOTHING. Called the worthlessership. and was told they've not recieved any parts and it could be another 8 weeks. @JeepCares still doesn't care.
  • Update Jan 20, 2021: Finally got the new box in (one week of the delay was due to my schedule). Fixed the problem and the steering is nice and tight the way a new $50k vehicle should be. Not a fan of Jeep service... this thing has soured me to the vehicle and I'm getting ready to sell it and convert a Provan Tiger GT to 4x4.
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: None other than on JTR wheels instead of the original JLUR
Dealer disputed the TSB (didnā€™t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Nope, on the way to the dealership I took a video of the dead spot and thereā€™s pretty much no arguing that itā€™s completely unreasonable. They had the jeep for 2 days and agreed it is eligible.
How likely is it you would recommend this dealerā€™s service department to a friend/colleague? Setting up the appointment was a very poor experience, but once I was there the agent was great... this was likely due to me getting cranky when I asked for them to confirm their notes (since I'd be dropping it off after hours). They reread the notes from the prior service and couldn't tell me why it was being brought it (after taking 10 minutes to describe the issue the first time).
Final update to the post. Took about 5 months to get the new box. In the meantime, Jeep has lost a life long customer. Selling my JLUR in the next month or so.

Sponsored

ptp262

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2 door
Hi!

Reading through the forum messages it is evident that we are not being supported in a consistent manner by the numerous dealerships, with respect to TSB 08-074-20. I thought that I would start a survey to help capture the good and the bad dealerships so that we can figure out where to take our JLs. I donā€™t think that a normal forum survey will work very well for this information, so just provide your response and Iā€™ll build a spreadsheet that I can update on a regular basis (once a day or so).

The questions are:

Dealer Name:
City, State:
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work):
Date Completed:
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: Yes/No
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes/No
Dealer disputed the TSB (didnā€™t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Yes/No
How likely is it you would recommend this dealerā€™s service department to a friend/colleague? 0 to 10 score

Spreadsheet Updated as of 10/22/2020 9:15 PM
Number of Responses: 131

Overall Net Promoter Score: 31%

August Net Promoter Score: 29%
September Net Promoter Score: 44%
October Net Promoter Score: -25%

Percentage Disputed the TSB: 22%
Average Completion (Days): 11
Average Score if bought from Dealer: 7.9
Average Score if NOT bought from Dealer: 7.1

Dealer: Autoland
City/state: Springfield, NJ
Original date: October 20, 2020
Date actual service completed: January 21, 2021
Bought at dealer: No
Tire Modification: No modifications, all original
Dealer dispute: Sort of, originally dealer was told about the TSB but replaced the trac bars saying this will fix the issue-it did not,
Recommend service center 0-10: 1

93civEJ1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
Dealer Name: Rocky Top CJDR
City, State:kodak, TN
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work):090720
Date Completed: 092220
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: Yes/No. YES
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes/No. NO
Dealer disputed the TSB (didnā€™t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Yes/No NO
How likely is it you would recommend this dealerā€™s service department to a friend/colleague? 0 to 10 score 5

I gave a score of 5 because they will have a chance to make it right when I call them tomorrow. I didn't get any resistance to them doing the work. I scheduled the repair date with them and they had a courtesy vehicle for me that morning. They did not complete the repair the same day (apparently they broke the steering wheel clocking spring while replacing the steering box ) so they had to order more parts. They called me today said it was ready. I picked it up at closing time and drove home. Looked at the box and they PUT THE WRONG STEERING BOX ON. They actually put an AE box on it. The steering feels about the same maybe a little better, but the outdoor temperature is cooler today.

20200922_211256.jpg
well dang. I was considering taking mine to them for a TSB fix, because I had heard good things about them...but now i dunno.

Thetickz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL Sport S
Dealer Name: Tempe Chrysler Jeep Dodge
City, State: Tempe, AZ
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): September 1st 2020
Date Completed: January 21st 2021
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: No - it's a Sport but I put on Rubicon shocks, springs, wheels/tires
Dealer disputed the TSB (didnā€™t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): No - Ordered parts right away, no test drive needed
How likely is it you would recommend this dealerā€™s service department to a friend/colleague? 8 - Great service but I had to contact Jeep Cares to get the parts delivered to the dealership. After the install my power steering fluid was very low and steering wheel was off-centered. Going back for top off of fluid and get alignment.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
**UPDATE** I was able to get the work done at Mac Haik CDJR in Houston. It was about a 3 month wait for the parts, but the new steering box is finally installed, and the Jeep drives much better now. Even on a windy day, the Jeep drives down the highway without walking all over the place like it used to.
I was driving today after the steering box install last week in 35+ mph gusts and she drives great with very little effort. So much better than before and compared to others mine was probably pretty good. Glad you got it resolved. Jeep should withhold vehicles from terrible dealers until they want to sell the rights to another dealer.

rockwalker

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ, 2004 TJ Rubicon, 2019 JLU Rubicon
Dealer Name: Tooele Motor Company
City, State: Tooele, Utah
Date Taken In (oil change and presented service manager a copy of TSB): 10/13/2020
Date Completed: still awaiting parts (reported since October to be on backorder)
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: No
Dealer disputed the TSB (was unaware of TSB but looked right into it): No
How likely is it you would recommend this dealerā€™s service department to a friend/colleague? 8

After calling again today the service advisor informed me that parts were now to be available January 28th. Crossing my fingers. Purchased my 2019 JLUR in April 2019. Complained immediately to the dealership of wandering/loose steering before completing the 60 mile drive home. A test drive with their service tech that same day resulted in a report that this is "normal" for the Wrangler. We've had seven Jeeps (still have two TJs, an XJ, and two GCs besides this JL)...this is NOT normal! I just turned 6300 miles on the odometer after almost two years! My wife won't even drive it as she fears the over-center wander on our country two-lane highways is too dangerous. JEEP CARES please help us out before you loose a brand-loyal diehard!!
Sponsored