Sponsored

Coolbaldguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
Spoke with the Dealer today and they are going to order the correct parts. They got it wrong the first time, but I am giving them the chance to fix it. The service writer has been friendly and helpful. I hope they get it right. I will update this thread when the work is completed.
update 10/26/20
I picked up the Jeep today from the dealership. They performed the TSB and put the correct steering box on:clap: TheJeep feels MUCH better, but still had a "dead" spot in the steering...just not as big. After checking the tire pressures, I noticed they filled the tires back to factory spec of 37. When I got home I lowered the pressure back to the 33 psi I had been running and went for another test drive. The steering improved even more. I took a look under the Jeep to inspect the work and found that they used an incorrect bolt or 2:surprised:I have attached pics. I will purchase the correct bolts and install them myself. I also intend to check the torque on everything they touched before I travel any further. Fortunately, The Jeep is not a daily driver for me....I just wonder what I would do if this same type of scenario played out on my RAM truck, which is a daily driver:facepalm:

20201026_175822.jpg

20201026_175840.jpg
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
update 10/26/20
I picked up the Jeep today from the dealership. They performed the TSB and put the correct steering box on:clap: TheJeep feels MUCH better, but still had a "dead" spot in the steering...just not as big. After checking the tire pressures, I noticed they filled the tires back to factory spec of 37. When I got home I lowered the pressure back to the 33 psi I had been running and went for another test drive. The steering improved even more. I took a look under the Jeep to inspect the work and found that they used an incorrect bolt or 2:surprised:I have attached pics. I will purchase the correct bolts and install them myself. I also intend to check the torque on everything they touched before I travel any further. Fortunately, The Jeep is not a daily driver for me....I just wonder what I would do if this same type of scenario played out on my RAM truck, which is a daily driver:facepalm:
At least you got the right box. All these TSBs performed w/ bolts not tightened (happened to mine), wrong box ordered (happened to mine, but didn't install the wrong box), old bolts re-used (my I-shaft bolt not tightened and re-used), fluid spilled and not cleaned up (no fluid spilled on mine but fluid cap wasn't installed, but lying on the side of motor). Luckily my box bolts were right, gotta finish on a high note :) )

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer Name: AutoNation CDJRF
City, State: Johnson City, TN
Date Taken In: 10/26/2020
Date Completed: Part is on order - due in mid-November
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: Yes/No No
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes/No Put Rubi wheels on Sahara
Dealer disputed the TSB (didnā€™t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Yes/No No
How likely is it you would recommend this dealerā€™s service department to a friend/colleague? 0 to 10 score 10 (Never had any trouble at all from this dealer, they strive for perfect scores on surveys)

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hi @maddscot,

We're sorry to hear that you had a poor experience at your Jeep dealer. If you would like to return to the dealer for this concern, please feel free to connect with our teams before your appointment.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

Deepc408

First Name
Deep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler North Edition
Occupation
Eng.
update 10/26/20

20201026_175822.jpg

20201026_175840.jpg
I am new to Jeeps. Why lower the tires to 33 psi and not keep them at 37 psi?

Sponsored

Coolbaldguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
It seems to help wit the wandering. At least that has been my personal experience and a few others on this forum said they had better results after dropping the air pressure. Of course if you go to far it gets worse again. The general consensus seems to be around 32/33 psi with the stock Rubi tires. I have the all terrain K02's.

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
Mine would do a fun little shimmy on the freeway when I had it at 37 psi. Quite scary. Dropped it to 32/33 and no more.

nashvillen

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
My Cooper Discoverer STT Pros 315/70R17 like 29 psi. I have to pull them down to 29 every time I take my 2018 JLU to the dealer for warranty work.

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
[Update 15 January 2021]

Dealer Name: Westgate CJDR
City, State: Raleigh, NC
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 24 October 2020
Date Completed: 14 January 2021
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: Yes
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes
Dealer disputed the TSB (didnā€™t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): No - didnā€™t even look at my Jeep just said we know and threw my name on the list
How likely is it you would recommend this dealerā€™s service department to a friend/colleague? 10 - The TSB was done without issue along with Jeep Wave oil/filter change and tire rotation (they did forget to do a 5-tire but the service manager, Fernando, took care of it ASAP). The dealership did not care that I had a lift and 37s on it, they didnā€™t even care that I forgot to reset my tire size and ratio to stock with my Flashcal (I did have to reset those settings when I got the Jeep back).

Last edited:

bwilly622

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Dealer Name: Chapman Jeep
City, State: Horsham, PA
Date Taken In: 9/21/2020
Date Completed: Parts are on order
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: No
Dealer disputed the TSB (didnā€™t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): No
How likely is it you would recommend this dealerā€™s service department to a friend/colleague? 10, never had any issues with dealer

Last edited:

Sponsored

DDM4V7

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Dealer Name: Chapman Jeep
City, State: Horsham, PA
Date Taken In: 9/21/2020
Date Completed: Parts are on order
Dealer disputed the TSB (didnā€™t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): No
How likely is it you would recommend this dealerā€™s service department to a friend/colleague? 10, never had an issues at dealer

Did the dealer tell you how long it would take for the parts to come in?

bwilly622

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Did the dealer tell you how long it would take for the parts to come in?
They could not give me a date. I called them about 2 weeks ago and was told the parts are still not in and are still on back order, but would contact me when they arrive.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
Getting ours done on Nov 11th. I'll report back after it's done.

ps2baseball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2012 Jeep GC Overland
Dealer Name: Quirk Jeep
City, State: Barintree, MA
Date Taken In: 10/29/2020
Date Completed: N/A
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: No
Dealer disputed the TSB (didnā€™t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Yes
How likely is it you would recommend this dealerā€™s service department to a friend/colleague? 0

Dealer refused to do work. Said no issues. I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy. They tried to deny it until I showed them the bulletin.

WICKEDJL

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
So did you just give up or are you going to try another dealer? I'm in Melbourne (just moved here) and I don't know where I should try to take it as I have a 2.5" RK lift and 37s.
I actually contacted @JeepCares and they contacted the dealership. They ordered the parts and I have an appointment with them this Thursday. Iā€™ll update once itā€™s done.
Sponsored