2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Dealer Name: Ken Garff Jeep
City, State: West Valley, Utah
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 9/21/2020
Date Completed: 10/7/2020
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: Yes
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: No
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): No
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 10

They called me Thursday 10/01/2020 and told me the parts were in and could I bring it in Monday.
(They said it may take more than a day). I took it in Monday. I called Tuesday and asked the status. They told me they might be able to have it by end of day, but would prefer I wait till Wednesday so they would not have to rush. I picked it up Wednesday (today) and the service was done just as listed on the TBS (and I have checked that all of the parts are new). The steering seems much improved and they washed my Jeep too. They were extremely friendly and had no issues with me bring the jeep in (tbs in hand) and ordering the parts and then doing the service when the parts arrived. I don't think I could have asked for more.
Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hi!

New calculations are in progress based upon your feedback. I wound up waiting 36 days for my parts and I was supposed to be #2 in line at the dealer. I don't think the dealers know or care that the owners are talking about their experiences. I hope that @JeepCares is taking all our feedback and forwarding it to FCA leadership.

To quote Leslie Nielsen, "Good Luck, we're all counting on you!"
Your feedback is important to us, and your experiences are shared with FCA leadership. Please feel free to reach out to us via private message regarding any questions or concerns at any time.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

JaayyyeeeE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Dealer Name: Ferman Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram of New Port Richey
City, State: New Port Richey , FL
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): August 27 they said they are only allowed or order 4 sets or parts per month and mine are schedule to arrive September 16
Date Completed: TBD will update once work is complete
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes, Fox Lift kit with 35 inch wheels and Fox Steering Stabilizer
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): No questions asked
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? TBD after work is complete
Did they charge you a diagnosis fee? They would not do the TSB without $150 diagnosis fee, even with video proof of the issue and the TSB clearly stating “If the customer describes the symptom/condition listed above, perform the Inspection Procedure” had a good experience here until now.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Wanted to add something that both my Jeep experienced and another JL that was out with me after we both had the boxes done. On the highway it is way better than the old box. However we both had issues with losing power steering when off-road. It was like the pumps stopped working completely after an hour or so of technical trails. Happened to the other Jeep first, then mine. It was fine when the wheels were not in any bind. Almost like the new calibration cuts steering assist completely when there is hardly any pressure on the wheels. Maybe to stop things from breaking?
We would like to have this documented in our systems. Please send me a private message.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Dealer Name: Bayside
City, State: Annapolis, MD
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): N/A - requested TSB be performed by email
Date Completed: Sept 21, 2020
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): No (see comment)
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 10

Comment: Dealer requested front track bar brace be removed prior to install of the TSB. No issues with the Synergy steering or RK lift kit. Ordered parts with only email contact requesting TSB gets done.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Did they charge you a diagnosis fee? They would not do the TSB without $150 diagnosis fee, even with video proof of the issue and the TSB clearly stating “If the customer describes the symptom/condition listed above, perform the Inspection Procedure” had a good experience here until now.
That's a crap move there, I would get @JeepCares involved, should cost absolutely zero, not even a dusty nickle to get this done.

JaayyyeeeE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
That's a crap move there, I would get @JeepCares involved, should cost absolutely zero, not even a dusty nickle to get this done.
I did. I'm not very hopeful. This might be my first and last Jeep. I drove multiple JK rentals and the JL was what finally sealed the deal for me but unfortunately, now that the novelty has worn off, I realize the quality is just not there yet, once the Bronco starts taking away some customers may be Jeep will *really* care? :giggle: Right now it just seems like meaningless PR.

Last edited:

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I did. I'm not very hopeful. This might be my first and last Jeep. I drove multiple JK rentals and the JL was what finally sealed the deal for me but unfortunately, now that the novelty has worn off, I realize the quality is just not there yet, once the Bronco starts taking away some customers may be Jeep will *really* care? :giggle: Right now it just seems like meaningless PR.
Any other dealers nearby that you could try? Luckily I've not had any issues that have deterred me from the brand, although my TSB service for this steering box did leave a lot to be desired. Didn't tighten the box bolts, left steering fluid cap off and sitting on the side of the motor, and I shaft bolt not tight and probably reused :headbang:

But the Jeep itself has exceeded my expectations :)

Fast4by

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S 2dr
I brought my '19 JL 2dr (with 7,500 miles) in for this TSB this morning. Had the TSB printed and explained about loose steering ,wandering etc. I got a call 2 hrs later saying they need to perform an alignment on my vehicle because the steering wheel is slightly off before they can evaluate to see if I even qualify for the TSB. I said... so you want me to spend money on something that is not necessary in order for you to then tell me I do not qualify ? So pissed......

Dealer Name: Pine Belt CDJR
City, State: Lakewood, NJ
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 10.9.20
Date Completed: N/A
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: No
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Yes
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 0 to 10 score 0

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Dealer Name: Miracle CDJR
City, State: Elverson, PA
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): N/A - stopped in and told them about the TSB. They looked into it and said they would get the parts. Scheduled it to have the work done when i got my annual inspection.

Comment: In at 0730 and out by 1130 same day. Steering definitely feels tighter. Dealership just changed hands, but they were smart and at least kept the service staff. They are great. Now if the dealership can only get FCA to tell them why my vehicle data is not available on Uconnect since the radio was replaced by them. They are stumped.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Azad

First Name
Azad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
My Sahara is a 2020 and only has 7k miles when I took it in I had the TSB printed and told them I am having this exact issue. They didnt give me any problem at all they just said yes they are aware of the TSB and they would order the parts but they only receive 4 sets of parts per month per Chrysler is what they told me. Lucky the parts come in within two weeks drop the Jeep off and the next it was amazing the Jeep drives perfectly normal. Now I am really enjoying the Jeep and dont have to curse at the steering wheel ever again.

Azad

First Name
Azad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
My Sahara is a 2020 and only has 7k miles when I took it in I had the TSB printed and told them I am having this exact issue. They didnt give me any problem at all they just said yes they are aware of the TSB and they would order the parts but they only receive 4 sets of parts per month per Chrysler is what they told me. Lucky the parts come in within two weeks drop the Jeep off and the next it was amazing the Jeep drives perfectly normal. Now I am really enjoying the Jeep and dont have to curse at the steering wheel ever again.
I never did answer the question, I was not charged anything and while the Jeep was being fix I was given a 2020 Challenger as a loaner.

emptyminded42

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hellayella JLU Sport S 6MT, Forester XT
Occupation
Engineer
Dropped off my '18 Sport S today to get the oil change/tire rotation done along with the clutch pressure plate recall thing and finally to look at my steering. To be clear - I haven't done any alignments, off-roading, lifts, steering damper recall, or anything whatsoever since I picked up my Jeep on Halloween last year. They did the steering damper before I bought it. I'd describe my steering as poor-to-fair overall - about a 2" deadzone on center and wanders at speeds between 35-60 on backroads so much I can't use just one hand to drive. It's not bad enough I'd classify it as dangerous but it's definitely noticeable and annoying. Hopefully the new box will help.

Dealer Name: Ganley Chrysler of Aurora
City, State: Aurora, OH
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 10/9/2020
Date Completed: Unknown, no estimate on when steering parts will arrive.
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: No
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 6.

Old building, no waiting area that I saw, but staff was friendly at drop-off. They didn't do the 5-tire rotation like I asked when I dropped it off. Nobody was wearing masks. I'll go back to get my steering fixed and then I'll just DIY the oil changes and probably pay a local indy chain to do the 5-tire rotations.

I'll update when the parts are in and it gets swapped out.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase

BanditXray

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Occupation
DoD
Dealer Name: Lodi Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
City, State: Lodi, CA
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): September 4 2020
Date Completed: October 1 2020

On first visit the service rep had no idea what I was talking about and said he had not
heard of the TSB, I said it is ok I brought you a copy.
They diagnosed the Jeep to see if steering was loose and it was found to be as I had stated.
Parts were ordered and when they arrived the appointment for service was scheduled.
After repair all was well except the steering wheel was a few degrees off.
I returned and we drove around the dealership on flat ground and made small adjustments
until it was straight.
This was the first time they had done this TSB and I feel they did a excellent job.
The Jeep drives amazing now.
I can concentrate on driving now instead of just concentrating on steering.
No more butt pucker moments on the freeway (from steering wandering anyways).

CLOSE VIEW.jpg

STEERING.png

LOCATION.png
Sponsored