Sponsored

bhagen

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
YUP! I'm in this same situation atm. One part every 2 weeks is insane...but not the dealer's fault! Hope you get it installed without any issues! :like:
I got it installed! Steering is much better.
What wasn't fixed is the pull to the right... My steering wheel is still a bit crooked to the left when driving straight. Need to bring it back in for that... Very happy about the steering box though! The car is much better to drive on the highway.
Sponsored

ptp262

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2 door
Paul, try another dealer or get @JeepCares involved, they are just trying to put lipstick on a pig :(
You seem to know allot about this stuff, I'm on my 3rd Jeep 1993 Sport, 2000 Sahara and the 2019 JL Rubicon. anyway is there a way to find a dealer in NJ that'll do the fix? Also, I started a "conversation" with Jeep cares as you suggested. Is there more I can do? Thanks again, Paul

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
You seem to know allot about this stuff, I'm on my 3rd Jeep 1993 Sport, 2000 Sahara and the 2019 JL Rubicon. anyway is there a way to find a dealer in NJ that'll do the fix? Also, I started a "conversation" with Jeep cares as you suggested. Is there more I can do? Thanks again, Paul
Seems like the folks on the east coast are having the toughest time finding dealers that are cooperating regarding this TSP. Don't know a whole lot about this stuff but spending time on these forums can get you up to speed pretty quick.

Maybe someone around your area can help w/ dealer recommendations :)

OP
OP
Engine Guy

Engine Guy

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Engineer
Hi everyone!

I apologize for the delay in updating data. I have gotten some really great feedback from members and I'm working on breaking out the NPS scores by month, as well as cleaning up some of the calculations. I hope to have updated scores this evening.

Thanks for your patience!!!

19JTRubiconEcoDiesel

First Name
JoLHY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.8JKUX6MHD, 3.6JLUR6MPT, Deciding/waiting on Sarge JTRD or JTR4xe
Dealer Name: Beyer CDJR
City, State:Morristown, NJ
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 9/11/20
Date Completed: not completed yet, still awaiting ordered parts
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: No
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: No
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Weekly VM 4 status, no reply
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 0. They are however very quick for customer-paid service

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Revised review.
Dropped my car off yesterday 9/30 after being told my parts were in and already being approved for the TSB weeks ago. Today 10/1 I was notified the wrong part was sent.
Back to the dealer to pickup my car and see on the paperwork the tech wrote that the vehicle lift and aftermarket steering links were “beyond the limits” therefore TSB did not apply. Was told to “call Chrysler”.

0/10 for those with lifted jeeps.
We're sorry to hear about this experience, @Jl_rubicon. Please send our team a private message so that we can assist.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

B&Wpro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler rubicon unlimited
Dealer Name: Englewood cliff jeep
City, State: Engkewoodcliff.NJ
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 9/16/20
Date Completed: 10/6/20
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): No.
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 8
So so... it took so long to do this TSB. Today, I went to pick up car, they didn't put right bolts, but right gear box. I showed to service advisor a picture of new bolt. I drove to test the wrangler it was horrible , some sounds came out from gear box. I went back to dealer and another 3 hrs .. they put right bolt and fixed the steering sounds. After that all of sudden , all the symptoms gone .

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
Dealer Name:
Lithia Eugene CDJR

City/St:
Eugene, OR

Date Taken In:
Aug 21 (phone call only, no evaluation, I'm assuming this counts?)

Date Completed:
Oct 6 (The first appointment was Sep 9 but was canceled due to wildfires, I called to reschedule a few weeks later to be cool, so the longer-than-usual completion was part-natural-disaster, part-my-choice)

Did you buy your jeep from this dealer: No, but I did buy my other Wrangler from here and 5 other FIATs in the last decade or so, which I believe influenced their willingness to perform this TSB without any evaluation.

Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications:
Not when I brought it in on the first/canceled appointment. I asked if it was OK to put on JLUR takeoffs before the rescheduled appointment and they had no issue with that. So I did have JLUR takeoff suspension and Willys takeoff wheels/mud tires on the second appointment if you consider those modifications.

Dealer disputed TSB:
No

Likely to recommend:
8 (there were some hiccups but they did the service and were professional along the way)

Jasper519

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Dealer Name: Benny Boyd
City, State: Lampasas TX
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 09/19/2020
Date Completed: To be determined
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): No
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? Will update and rate after the work is completed. Just wanted to get it out that they gave me NO grief about getting the process started. I’ll also post The full list of parts too when it’s all said and done.

Quoting myself from the thread that alerted me to this TSB: “Well, took mine to the dealer for the last wave oil change today. When I made the appointment earlier this week I also asked about this TSB. The scheduler told me, after I gave her the bulletin number, that the technician would have to see if it qualifies. When I showed up today, I had TSB in hand. Handed it to the service adviser, he told me I needed to voice a concern. I did, he logged it. They did the oil change and when it was done, he told me they’ve ordered all the parts including a trackbar and several other parts. As I was quite surprised when he mentioned the trackbar, I missed the other parts listed. He told me that in their experience, when the gear box goes bad, usually these other parts are bad too, so since it’s all under warranty, they’ll do them all at once. He expects the parts to be in in about 1 1/2-2 weeks.”

Got a call yesterday morning, 10-6-2020. Parts are in. Right on schedule as told when they were ordered. I have an appointment this Saturday to have the parts installed. Fingers crossed all goes well.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Wanted to add something that both my Jeep experienced and another JL that was out with me after we both had the boxes done. On the highway it is way better than the old box. However we both had issues with losing power steering when off-road. It was like the pumps stopped working completely after an hour or so of technical trails. Happened to the other Jeep first, then mine. It was fine when the wheels were not in any bind. Almost like the new calibration cuts steering assist completely when there is hardly any pressure on the wheels. Maybe to stop things from breaking?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Engine Guy

Engine Guy

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Engineer
Revised review.
Dropped my car off yesterday 9/30 after being told my parts were in and already being approved for the TSB weeks ago. Today 10/1 I was notified the wrong part was sent.
Back to the dealer to pickup my car and see on the paperwork the tech wrote that the vehicle lift and aftermarket steering links were “beyond the limits” therefore TSB did not apply. Was told to “call Chrysler”.

0/10 for those with lifted jeeps.
Ridiculous!!!

OP
OP
Engine Guy

Engine Guy

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Engineer
Updated my original post. Jeep service sucks... that's really all I can say about that.

@Engine Guy I suggest you maintain 2 NPS scores. One for all of history, and another for a trailing 60 days. I suspect everyone that got in early is happy and those of us that waited are really dissatisfied.

Update: 10/01, late afternoon: I was just told by a different dealer that all orders of this new box are suspended until 10/6. I think the problem I'm having is with Jeeps shit policy only allowing one order every 14 days. Jeep has sold nearly 750k of the JLs in the US. If they have 2,500 dealerships and half the JLs have this issue, it will take 6 damn years to clear that backlog (and that if the orders are equally spaced amongst dealers). Jeep really should have a better rationing mechanism in place because this 1 order a week is about the stupidest way to ration orders. I asked @JeepCares and apparently it's very acceptable to them that some issues take 2+ months to address (I wish, I'm now being told 3.25 months) while other people are in and out same day.
Hi!

New calculations are in progress based upon your feedback. I wound up waiting 36 days for my parts and I was supposed to be #2 in line at the dealer. I don't think the dealers know or care that the owners are talking about their experiences. I hope that @JeepCares is taking all our feedback and forwarding it to FCA leadership.

To quote Leslie Nielsen, "Good Luck, we're all counting on you!"

OP
OP
Engine Guy

Engine Guy

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Engineer
Data updated to include NPS by month. October is not looking good for the dealers...

Archie PJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Punk"n
Questions for you all: How does the dealer determine that the box needs to be replaced? Is it by serial number, build date, evaluation such as subjective test drive or wheel movement up on a lift, etc? Curious. Thanks y'all!

OP
OP
Engine Guy

Engine Guy

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Engineer
Questions for you all: How does the dealer determine that the box needs to be replaced? Is it by serial number, build date, evaluation such as subjective test drive or wheel movement up on a lift, etc? Curious. Thanks y'all!
Hi!

If the Wrangler has an aluminum housing steering box (silver in color) and you state that it does not drive correctly they are supposed to replace it. Some dealers are pushing back about lift kits, tires, and other aftermarket parts. If you get much resistance you can message JeepCares here on the forum and they will start running interference for you.
Sponsored