First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
Bonkers!! You are one patient individual!
No one has ever called me patient before. I'm not at all, but I will say this is completely on par given the absolute shit experience I've received from Jeep dealerships in the last year.
Sponsored

Jl_rubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Dealer Name: Tuttle Click Jeep Tustin
City, State: Tustin, CA
Date Taken In for Evaluation: 9/2/20
Date Completed: Pending, parts on order (10th in line)
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: No
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes, 2.5” Icon lift, 37” tires, Synergy tie rod, track bar, drag link and sector shaft brace. Fox ATS steering stabilizer. None of which was installed by the dealer.
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): No, aware of it and said tech would test drive to check for issue. When I picked up my car there were no additional miles so no test drive was done but service advisor said parts were ordered!
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 10
Revised review.
Dropped my car off yesterday 9/30 after being told my parts were in and already being approved for the TSB weeks ago. Today 10/1 I was notified the wrong part was sent.
Back to the dealer to pickup my car and see on the paperwork the tech wrote that the vehicle lift and aftermarket steering links were “beyond the limits” therefore TSB did not apply. Was told to “call Chrysler”.

0/10 for those with lifted jeeps.

ptp262

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2 door
Hi!

Reading through the forum messages it is evident that we are not being supported in a consistent manner by the numerous dealerships, with respect to TSB 08-074-20. I thought that I would start a survey to help capture the good and the bad dealerships so that we can figure out where to take our JLs. I don’t think that a normal forum survey will work very well for this information, so just provide your response and I’ll build a spreadsheet that I can update on a regular basis (once a day or so).

The questions are:

Dealer Name:
City, State:
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work):
Date Completed:
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: Yes/No
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes/No
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Yes/No
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 0 to 10 score

Spreadsheet Updated as of 09/28/2020 11:13 AM
Number of Responses: 105
Net Promoter Score: 42%
Percentage Disputed the TSB: 18%
Average Completion (Days): 11
Average Score if bought from Dealer: 8.0
Average Score if NOT bought from Dealer: 7.8
So, I took my 2019 JL to my dealer, mentioned the SB regarding he steering. I told them the SB was spot on in the description of what was happening to mine. They had it all day and called saying the are replacing the 2 tracker arms and that should fix the problem. Now, I haven’t gotten it back yet-waiting for the parts, but have you heard that this fixes the steering trouble? Or is it the steering box too? Thank you, Paul.

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
I will update this as time goes by...

Dealer Name: Autonation Jeep West
City, State: Denver/Golden, Co
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 9/8
Date Completed:
  • 09/08: Was told the box was ordered and it could be up to 6 weeks.
  • Update 09/24: called and they said they haven’t received any yet and that I could still be another 5-6 weeks.
  • Update 09/28: spoke with Jeepcares about what a reasonable time frame is and what could be done to expedite and was told:
  • Update 10/01: Called to talk to the service advisor (Daniel R). Hug up and redialed after waiting on hold for 22 minutes. Called back and the call rolled over to other departments 3 times. Gave up and called back 30 minutes later. Was told by the service advisor was on another call and they would call me back when off the call. An hour later I got a call back saying it's by 10 weeks. That's on top of the 3.5 I've already waited. Damn, Jeep service sucks.
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: None other than on JTR wheels instead of the original JLUR
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Nope, on the way to the dealership I took a video of the dead spot and there’s pretty much no arguing that it’s completely unreasonable. They had the jeep for 2 days and agreed it is eligible.
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? Setting up the appointment was a very poor experience, but once I was there the agent was great... this was likely due to me getting cranky when I asked for them to confirm their notes (since I'd be dropping it off after hours). They reread the notes from the prior service and couldn't tell me why it was being brought it (after taking 10 minutes to describe the issue the first time).
Updated my original post. Jeep service sucks... that's really all I can say about that.

@Engine Guy I suggest you maintain 2 NPS scores. One for all of history, and another for a trailing 60 days. I suspect everyone that got in early is happy and those of us that waited are really dissatisfied.

Update: 10/01, late afternoon: I was just told by a different dealer that all orders of this new box are suspended until 10/6. I think the problem I'm having is with Jeeps shit policy only allowing one order every 14 days. Jeep has sold nearly 750k of the JLs in the US. If they have 2,500 dealerships and half the JLs have this issue, it will take 6 damn years to clear that backlog (and that if the orders are equally spaced amongst dealers). Jeep really should have a better rationing mechanism in place because this 1 order a week is about the stupidest way to ration orders. I asked @JeepCares and apparently it's very acceptable to them that some issues take 2+ months to address (I wish, I'm now being told 3.25 months) while other people are in and out same day.

Last edited:

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Revised review.
Dropped my car off yesterday 9/30 after being told my parts were in and already being approved for the TSB weeks ago. Today 10/1 I was notified the wrong part was sent.
Back to the dealer to pickup my car and see on the paperwork the tech wrote that the vehicle lift and aftermarket steering links were “beyond the limits” therefore TSB did not apply. Was told to “call Chrysler”.

0/10 for those with lifted jeeps.
WTF! @JeepCares needs to get involved

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
So, I took my 2019 JL to my dealer, mentioned the SB regarding he steering. I told them the SB was spot on in the description of what was happening to mine. They had it all day and called saying the are replacing the 2 tracker arms and that should fix the problem. Now, I haven’t gotten it back yet-waiting for the parts, but have you heard that this fixes the steering trouble? Or is it the steering box too? Thank you, Paul.
Paul, try another dealer or get @JeepCares involved, they are just trying to put lipstick on a pig :(

Onward4x4

First Name
Nima
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.onward4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Traveler
Vehicle Showcase
Yesterday went to my dealer (Marino Jeep here in Chicago) - I was told that the Teraflox lower front arms and the after market tires and wheels prevent them from testing the vehicle under stock conditions. I told them that I put on the Teraflox in hopes of solving my wander to the left issues and that this issue was in fact the first time I came to this dealership after purchasing my Jeep was for steering. She checked and saw the service item 2 months after purchase about steering... they aligned the Jeep at that time.

Long story short, she went to the manager and manager approved the swap noting that the Jeep is still under warranty. The part is on special order and will arrive next week.. I am told.

Barring any surprises, this should get done. :::: fingers crossed ::::::

sgtmajor138

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S Freedom package
Took my Jeep into the dealer with the TSB print out in my hand. The service manager went over the issue with me and pulled the Jeep into the shop. I waited about 30 minutes and was told the parts were on order. I made an appointment for the next week when the parts were slated to be delivered. When I dropped the Jeep off, they had a car for me to drive. Since I live about 90 miles from the dealer, I asked if I could pick it up later in the week. They did call to let me know it was ready on the day we agreed on. As I drove it home, I was all smiles!! Less than 2 weeks from initial service appointment until steering issue resolved.

Problem solved = Happy camper!

I highly recommend Don Franklin Jeep in Somerset, KY if anyone is looking for a quality service department.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thanks for listening and advice. I’m supposed to pick it up later today.....
Paul, since you have a Rubicon your caster will be on the low side (4.5 degrees or lower). Might consider the Mopar lift LCAs to get your caster in the ideal 6 degree range, this will make your high speed drives much better as it won't be as prone to wander off center.
Here's an info post I put up
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rubicon-suspension-on-2-door-sport.40700/#post-919317

Sponsored

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Yesterday went to my dealer (Marino Jeep here in Chicago) - I was told that the Teraflox lower front arms and the after market tires and wheels prevent them from testing the vehicle under stock conditions. I told them that I put on the Teraflox in hopes of solving my wander to the left issues and that this issue was in fact the first time I came to this dealership after purchasing my Jeep was for steering. She checked and saw the service item 2 months after purchase about steering... they aligned the Jeep at that time.

Long story short, she went to the manager and manager approved the swap noting that the Jeep is still under warranty. The part is on special order and will arrive next week.. I am told.

Barring any surprises, this should get done. :::: fingers crossed ::::::
I hope this works out! I was told that the part is being restricted (from @JeepCares ) and that I’m the 3rd person on the waiting list at my dealership with no ETA (I’ve been waiting 2 weeks already though) on when the part will arrive.

So, I find it amazing that you were told your part would arrive next week. Please update us on your status when you are able!

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Larry Miller Tucson
No problems. They knew all about it, ordered parts and installed correctly.

ptp262

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2 door
Thanks for listening and advice. I’m supposed to pick it up later today.....
So, this did not fix the issue. Dealer claimed they test drove it (I noticed 5 extra miles on the odometer). I drove it through the lot and it drifted right...again. I’m going to contact Jeep cares. Unless someone knows a dealer in NJ which understands the SB

4x4tographer

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Clubs

Dealer Name: Airpark Dodge Chrysler Jeep
City, State: Scottsdale, AZ
Date Taken In: 8/29/2020
Date Completed: Not Completed - Parts ordered (2-4 weeks)
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: Yes
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: No
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): No
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 2

Dealer wanted to inspect the Jeep prior to ordering parts for the TSB. I'm not the biggest fan of this dealership, but go because of a documented history on my Jeep's steering.
Pleased to be able to update my post as I was able to get this done today.

Dealer Name: Airpark Dodge Chrysler Jeep
City, State: Scottsdale, AZ
Date Taken In: 8/29/2020
Date Completed: 10/3/2020
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: Yes
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): No
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 2

First off - very happy with the results of the TSB fix. The Jeep feels like an entirely new vehicle now and was extremely well behaved on my 50min drive home on the highway.

Overall dealer experience was extremely poor, however. It’s been a long road getting to this point.

Received a call on Tuesday that the parts had arrived. Scheduled the appt for today. Checked in with the advisor and went to the waiting room.

About 2 hours into my wait, I get a call from the advisor stating that they can’t find the parts and asked me if I was sure they had ordered them (seems like a question they should be able to answer themselves). They said they’d take another look around.

Another 30 minutes goes by, I get another call. They can’t find the parts still. I pop out of the waiting area to go have a face-to-face conversation with the advisor. We eventually find out that the parts arrived and were under a pretty messy work area in one of the repair bays. :headbang:

About 2 additional hours later, the Jeep is done. I will say that I’m completely satisfied with the results of the TSB. I’m just frustrated with the dealer/service center experience - and it doesn’t seem to matter what dealer it is, they’re all equally miserable to work with.

ptp262

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2 door
Dealer Name: Autoland
City, State: Springfield, NJ
Date Taken In: 10-1-20
Date Completed: 10/1/2020
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Yes

The dealer did find my complaint of pulling to the right and loose steering. Their diagnosis was to replace the TRAC bars and adjust the alignment which they did. This did NOT correct the problem, in fact it's pulling harder to the right.
Sponsored