Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
Dealer Name: Rocky Top CJDR
City, State:kodak, TN
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work):090720
Date Completed: 092220
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: Yes/No. YES
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes/No. NO
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Yes/No NO
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 0 to 10 score 5

I gave a score of 5 because they will have a chance to make it right when I call them tomorrow. I didn't get any resistance to them doing the work. I scheduled the repair date with them and they had a courtesy vehicle for me that morning. They did not complete the repair the same day (apparently they broke the steering wheel clocking spring while replacing the steering box ) so they had to order more parts. They called me today said it was ready. I picked it up at closing time and drove home. Looked at the box and they PUT THE WRONG STEERING BOX ON. They actually put an AE box on it. The steering feels about the same maybe a little better, but the outdoor temperature is cooler today.

20200922_211256.jpg
Spoke with the Dealer today and they are going to order the correct parts. They got it wrong the first time, but I am giving them the chance to fix it. The service writer has been friendly and helpful. I hope they get it right. I will update this thread when the work is completed.
Sponsored

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Dealer Name: Stanley Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM Gatesville
City, State: Gatesville, TX
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 9-15-20
Date Completed: Did not complete
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: No
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: No
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Yes
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 4

Dealer said wandering was caused by my oversized tires that are the stock size. :CWL::CWL:
Being familiar with the area that is the last place I would take my Jeep. BB in Lampasas or Freedom in Killeen. I would also caution against Mac Haik in Temple.

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
Another one for Tuttle Chrysler Jeep in Tustin CA. I went there after @Jl_rubicon positive experience. Dropped my Jeep off for some warranty issues and showed the service advisor the TSB. He wrote down that I have wandering issues. Got a call back from my service advisor a couple days later and they are ordering me new steering gear! I even got an email for my new order. Thing is, the email is from Tuttle Hyundai which is weird. First email I received regarding my service appointment was from Tuttle Chrysler so idk :whatsgoingon: Only thing is the service tech said they do not know when the parts will be in. Also I heard a couple guys in front of me also asking For the new Steering box and I heard their service tech tell them a few of their employees had it done already.

Jeep Wrangler JL Steering Fix TSB 08-074-20 Crowdsourced Dealership Survey. Add Your Experience. 8220F1DE-798D-4A7F-9325-C3ED57233128
Jeep Wrangler JL Steering Fix TSB 08-074-20 Crowdsourced Dealership Survey. Add Your Experience. 38ED0D28-BA50-4870-A27B-BBDAA5985D14

Dealer Name: Tuttle Chrysler Jeep

City, State: Irvine, CA

Date Taken In: September 23, 2020

Date Completed: Still at dealership

Dealer disputed the TSB: No

How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 10

Ok so I just found out I dropped my Jeep off at Tuttle Chrysler Jeep Irvine instead of Tustin. I didn’t realize they had two Tuttles so close to each other. Irvine is the next city over from Tustin.

Last edited:

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Another one for Tuttle Chrysler Jeep in Tustin CA. I went there after @Jl_rubicon positive experience. Dropped my Jeep off for some warranty issues and showed the service advisor the TSB. He wrote down that I have wandering issues. Got a call back from my service advisor a couple days later and they are ordering me new steering gear! I even got an email for my new order. Thing is, the email is from Tuttle Hyundai which is weird. First email I received regarding my service appointment was from Tuttle Chrysler so idk :whatsgoingon: Only thing is the service tech said they do not know when the parts will be in. Also I heard a couple guys in front of me also asking For the new Steering box and I heard their service tech tell them a few of their employees had it done already.

Jeep Wrangler JL Steering Fix TSB 08-074-20 Crowdsourced Dealership Survey. Add Your Experience. 38ED0D28-BA50-4870-A27B-BBDAA5985D14

Dealer Name: Tuttle Chrysler Jeep

City, State: Irvine, CA

Date Taken In: September 23, 2020

Date Completed: Still at dealership

Dealer disputed the TSB: No

How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 10

Ok so I just found out I dropped my Jeep off at Tuttle Chrysler Jeep Irvine instead of Tustin. I didn’t realize they had two Tuttles so close to each other. Irvine is the next city over from Tustin.
lol, got Jeep dealers bumping into each other over there, it's 200 miles between Jeep dealers here :)

Sponsored

mysto

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Grey 2 door JL Rubicon
Dealer Name: Larry H Miller Bountiful
City, State: Bountiful Utah
Date Taken In : About 9/11
Date Completed: 9/23
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: Yes
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes
Dealer disputed the TSB: No!

They took care of me, i'm grateful.

OP
OP
Engine Guy

Engine Guy

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Engineer
I will update this as time goes by...

Dealer Name: Autonation Jeep West
City, State: Denver/Golden, Co
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 9/8
Date Completed: TBD, box ordered, was told it could be up to 6 weeks.
  • Update 09/24: called and they said they haven’t received any yet and that I could still be another 5-6 weeks.
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: None other than on JTR wheels instead of the original JLUR
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Nope, on the way to the dealership I took a video of the dead spot and there’s pretty much no arguing that it’s completely unreasonable. They had the jeep for 2 days and agreed it is eligible.
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? Setting up the appointment was a very poor experience, but once I was there the agent was great.
Bonkers!! You are one patient individual!

OP
OP
Engine Guy

Engine Guy

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Engineer
Dealer Name: Stanley Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM Gatesville
City, State: Gatesville, TX
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 9-15-20
Date Completed: Did not complete
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 4

Dealer said wandering was caused by my oversized tires that are the stock size. :CWL::CWL:
I got nothing... How do they even keep a straight face??? Hopefully another dealer will take better care of you!

laueddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon (Black - Hardtop)
Dealer Name: Rairdon's of Kirkland
City, State: Kirkland, WA
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 9/4/2020
Date Completed: NA
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes

I got declined due to the Yeti steering upgrades on my 2018 JLU Rubicon. So, I ended up putting a deposit for a Bronco which is likely to have better steering, but ultimately if this TSB fix the steer wander issue, my goal is to eventually trade it in for a 4xe Rubicon knowing the steering problem has been fixed.

Last edited:
First Name
Tami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Dealer Name: Shaver Jeep
City, State: Thousand Oaks, California
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 9/14/2020
Date Completed: 9/17/2020
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): No
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 0 to 10 score - 10 I showed them the TSB that I had printed out. They said they hadn't heard of any problems but they ordered the parts and fixed without any hassle. They were great!

Sponsored

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
...it is evident that we are not being supported in a consistent manner by the numerous dealerships, with respect to TSB 08-074-20. I thought that I would start a survey to help capture the good and the bad dealerships so that we can figure out where to take our JLs. I don’t think that a normal forum survey will work very well for this information, so just provide your response...
Dealer Name: Mac Haik Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram (Katy FWY)
City, State: Houston, TX
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 09/21/20
Date Completed: In progress, waiting for the parts to arrive
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: No, I bought from River Oaks
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): No
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 10, I highly recommend this dealership's service department.

Comments: I go to this dealer because of a specific mechanic (Mr. Gomez) that I've known since 2005. He's worked on my vehicles and my parents' vehicles, does quality work and is honest about what needs to be replaced and what does not. I emailed the Service Advisor/Manager (Mr. Hernandez) about the TSB. He asked if my Jeep was still within the warranty and I gave him my VIN (for the mileage). Once he confirmed that it was within warranty, he told me to bring it in that day. I waited for a couple of hours while Mr. Gomez performed my oil change and for a notification about whether or not I would receive the TSB repair (the service area was PACKED with vehicles!). They told me that they ordered the parts and that my Jeep was approved for it. I am currently waiting on the parts to arrive as I was told there is a 10 business-day eta on receiving them. I'll update yall as soon as they come in. :like:

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
...like that they can only order one every two weeks....Now I just have to wait...
YUP! I'm in this same situation atm. One part every 2 weeks is insane...but not the dealer's fault! Hope you get it installed without any issues! :like:

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer Name: AutoNation CDJR
City, State: Katy, TX
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 9/2/2020
Date Completed: N/A
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: Yes/No
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes/No
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Yes/No Dealer claimed that they took the jeep for a test drive and found no issues, yet there was only 1 mile added to the odometer while in their possession. Also claimed that the TSB had been cancelled. Told me I should take the vehicle down the street to the local 4WD shop to have dual steering stabilizers installed.
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 0 to 10 score 0 - would never recommend this dealer. I went there only because it is the closest one to me.
Try Mac Haik CDJR: https://www.machaikhouston.com/

Nicholas6

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Dealer Name: Heritage Jeep
City, State: Harrisburg PA
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 9/21
Date Completed: 9/29
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Sport w/ Rubicon springs and shocks, Steersmarts track bar.
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): No.
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 6-see below

It looks like power steering fluid was dripped on my front bumper and driver side fender flare. The service tech must have also test driven it with the Sunrider open because when I got on the highway this morning the top popped open. I'm thankful the hooks caught the windshield or it would have blown all the way back into Sunrider position at 65 mph.

WICKEDJL

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Dealer Name: Greenway Ford Dodge Jeep
City, State: Orlando Florida
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 10/1/20
Date Completed:10/1/20
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: no
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: yes
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 0 to 10 score 0

Flat out told me since I lifted the jeep it has to many modifications to do the repair. I have a 3.5 game changer lift from metal clock. They told me I would have to return it to stock.
Sponsored