I finally got mine done!

Dealer Name: Palmer CDJR
City, State: Roswell, GA
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 08/12/2020
Date Completed: 09/17/2020
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: No
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: No
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): No
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 0 to 10 score - 8

I scored this way for two reasons: it took way too long to get the parts (they told me I was the second in line) and the steering was out of alignment after the work was done, which required a return trip. Generally they are good, but they missed the mark for a score of 9 or 10.
Sponsored

JJSix

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2016 Dodge Caravan
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer Name: Jim Click
City, State: Tucson, AZ
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): N/A, dealer ordered parts over the phone
Date Completed: Pending
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: No,=
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 8

First dealer visit so wasn't sure how this would go but called and service manager ordered parts based on my description of the problem on the phone. Did tell me they are very back ordered with 10 already in the queue with orders only 1x every 2 weeks so they're expecting 4-6 months. My Jeep is easily drivable so willing to wait, not many options in Tucson. We'll see how long it ends up taking.

Crumpert

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Dealer Name: Richardson DCJR
City, State: Richardson, TX
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 09/16/20
Date Completed: 09/18/20
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: Yes
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): No, but they hadn't heard of the TSB initially (at least that's how they made it sound).
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 9
I went from about 2 inches of play to maybe 1/4 inch. Drives great and is a welcome improvement. The steering does feel noticeably lighter than before. I'd be interested to see if anyone else has this. My statement could be influenced by the rental/loaner I was driving, but I think that it's lighter than before. It's not too light, but close to it. If choosing between the dead spot and light steering, I'll take the light steering.

littlejd

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2013 F-150
I had to try twice to get mine done so here they both are!

Dealer Name: Joe Maus CDJR
City, State: Albemarle, NC
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 09/17/20
Date Completed: N/A
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Yes. They said that my warrenty had ran out and it was probably my programmer that caused the steering issue. (I have a Tazer JL). They said they could do the TSB, but I would have to pay full price for it.
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 0

Dealer Name: Capital CDJR
City, State: Indian Trail, NC
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 09/21/20
Date Completed: 09/21/20
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): No. I printed out the TSB paper and gave it to my advisor. He said they would look at it and let me know. I got a text a few hours later saying it would be completed the same day. Super easy and nice people.
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 10

Sponsored

Coolbaldguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
Dealer Name: Rocky Top CJDR
City, State:kodak, TN
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work):090720
Date Completed: 092220
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: Yes/No. YES
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes/No. NO
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Yes/No NO
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 0 to 10 score 5

I gave a score of 5 because they will have a chance to make it right when I call them tomorrow. I didn't get any resistance to them doing the work. I scheduled the repair date with them and they had a courtesy vehicle for me that morning. They did not complete the repair the same day (apparently they broke the steering wheel clocking spring while replacing the steering box ) so they had to order more parts. They called me today said it was ready. I picked it up at closing time and drove home. Looked at the box and they PUT THE WRONG STEERING BOX ON. They actually put an AE box on it. The steering feels about the same maybe a little better, but the outdoor temperature is cooler today.

20200922_211256.jpg

dpike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR 3.6
Dealer Name: Fullerton
City, State: Somerville, New Jersey
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 8/26/20 (evaluation)
Date Completed: 9/21/20
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 10

i was surprised at the service Fullerton offered, i was expecting push back, but after the evaluation they had no problem doing the service.

*edit*
i did keep @JeepCares informed of my steering issue as well as my progress with the dealer.

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR, 1967 Pontiac GTO, 2004 Silverado, 2014 Ram 2500
Dealer Name: Stanley Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM Gatesville
City, State: Gatesville, TX
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 9-15-20
Date Completed: Did not complete
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Yes
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 4

Dealer said wandering was caused by my oversized tires that are the stock size. :CWL::CWL:

maas

First Name
Mariano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL 2018
Dealer Name: Classic Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of South Charlotte
City, State: Charlotte, NC
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): N/A - Dealer ordered parts over the phone. No proof needed. Parts took about 10 days to arrive.
Date Completed: 09/22/20 (same day as brought in)
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): No, not sure if they had heard of the TSB. But once I brought it up, they ordered the parts right away.
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 8

Dealer was great about ordering the parts and keeping me in the loop. Changed the tires at the Dealership that same day, and they overcharged me for the tire change (should've gone to Discount Tire, I just wanted it all done in one day).

Sponsored

Chrisdupe

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer Name: Station Chrysler Jeep
City, State: Mansfield, MA
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 9/11/2020
Date Completed: 9/24/2020

Lateapex

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1944 MB, 2019 JLS
Clubs

Dealer Name: Poway Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram
City, State: Poway, California
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 9/4/2020
Date Completed: 9/23/2020
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: Yes/No Yes
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes/No No
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Yes/No No
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 0 to 10 score 10

Poway CJDR was great to deal with; absolutely no push-back on TSB. They also warrantied an alignment due to off-center steering wheel following TSB work.

Steering wander is gone, and it tracks straight and true. Tested it on freeway, high-speed 2 lane, around town, and curvey secondary road...I am very pleased with the results!

Priherd

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR
Dealer Name: Stephen Wade Chrysler Jeep
City, State: St George, UT
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 9/24/2020
Date Completed: Parts were ordered, will schedule appt when parts arrive.
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: Yes/No NO
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes/No YES, 2.5 Teraflex Lift, self installed and 35 inch tires.
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Yes/No No. Service Advisor didn't know of TSB. Lead Mechanic went for test drive and said TSB needed to be done on vehicle.
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 0 to 10 score 10 right now but let's see after the finish the install!

Jasper519

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Dealer Name: Benny Boyd
City, State: Lampasas TX
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 09/19/2020
Date Completed: To be determined
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? Will update and rate after the work is completed. Just wanted to get it out that they gave me NO grief about getting the process started. I’ll also post The full list of parts too when it’s all said and done.

Quoting myself from the thread that alerted me to this TSB: “Well, took mine to the dealer for the last wave oil change today. When I made the appointment earlier this week I also asked about this TSB. The scheduler told me, after I gave her the bulletin number, that the technician would have to see if it qualifies. When I showed up today, I had TSB in hand. Handed it to the service adviser, he told me I needed to voice a concern. I did, he logged it. They did the oil change and when it was done, he told me they’ve ordered all the parts including a trackbar and several other parts. As I was quite surprised when he mentioned the trackbar, I missed the other parts listed. He told me that in their experience, when the gear box goes bad, usually these other parts are bad too, so since it’s all under warranty, they’ll do them all at once. He expects the parts to be in in about 1 1/2-2 weeks.”
Sponsored