Occupation
Mechanic
Dealer Name: Dick Poe Chrysler Jeep
City, State: El Paso, TX
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): Aug 28th
Date Completed: TBD
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: Yes/No No
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes/No 2" puck lift
Dealer disputed the TSB (didnā€™t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Yes/No No
How likely is it you would recommend this dealerā€™s service department to a friend/colleague? 0 to 10 score 9.5 Initially the service writer I was talking to was completely clueless and wanted to apply the V41 recall. But he was wise enough to refer me to the more experienced service writer when he couldn't answer my questions or find the TSB in his computer. The other service writer, Lupe, was outstanding. I was in my work truck because I had to pick up a bottle of nitrogen from the praxair behind the dealership, so I thought for sure that I would have to bring my Jeep in for them to look at. Instead he actually listened to me, found the TSB, and set up a work order and ordered the parts for me based on my VIN and our conversation. He even suggested that I reach out to customer care to get parts coming his way faster. I took off a half a point just because the first guy didn't know what he was doing.
Just got word that the parts are all in, so I go in tomorrow to get it done!
Sponsored

brewtus98

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara, 2003 TJ, 2004 TJ Rubicon, 2004 LJ
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer Name: Baumann

City, State: Fremont, Oh

Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 9/4

Date Completed: Going in on 9/14

Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: Yes - special ordered

Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes - Rubicon takeoff wheels and suspension, Yeti Steersmarts Track Bar, Mopar extended length LCA's

Dealer disputed the TSB (didnā€™t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): No

How likely is it you would recommend this dealerā€™s service department to a friend/colleague? 10
Baumann Fremont rocks! No questions asked, re-centered steering, filled fluid did everything as I would have myself. Itā€™s too bad all dealers arenā€™t like this. Drives like a whole different Jeep.

Jeepileptic

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2016 Fisher-Price Jeep Frozen Edition
Dealer Name: Capital CDJR of Indian Trail
City, State: Indian Trail, NC
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): Did not take in for eval, called advisor about the TSB and they could see where I had commented on the issue previously.
Date Completed: 9/14/20
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: Yes
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes
How likely is it you would recommend this dealerā€™s service department to a friend/colleague? 10

BrandonB00

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport S, 2006 Wrangler,
I bought my Jeep from the dealer in Healdsburg, CA. Don't ever take your jeep there for any reason. They didn't know about the TSB and even though I've been complaining about steering issues since the day I brought it home they were very resistant to performing any TSB especially one that a pissant customer brought to their attention. This is consistent with previous experiences there. When my stereo was cutting out and completely rebooting every couple of minutes they said they didn't pull any codes so there wasn't anything wrong with it.

I had the TSB immediately taken care of by another dealer 2 hours away.

Dealer Name: Autonation Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Roseville
City, State: Roseville, CA
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): Sept 8 they called and told me parts were in. I had previously called and they said they knew my jeep needed it and would call when parts arrived. They did exactly that.
Date Completed: Sept 11
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: No
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: just the 33s that come on the rubicon. Dealer in installed at time of purchase.
Dealer disputed the TSB (didnā€™t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): No they immediately acknowledged the problem and promptly called me when parts were available.
How likely is it you would recommend this dealerā€™s service department to a friend/colleague? 9 if you absolutely have to go to a jeep dealer.

DigitalDiem

First Name
Capn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Hi!

Reading through the forum messages it is evident that we are not being supported in a consistent manner by the numerous dealerships, with respect to TSB 08-074-20. I thought that I would start a survey to help capture the good and the bad dealerships so that we can figure out where to take our JLs. I donā€™t think that a normal forum survey will work very well for this information, so just provide your response and Iā€™ll build a spreadsheet that I can update on a regular basis (once a day or so).

The questions are:

Dealer Name:
City, State:
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work):
Date Completed:
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: Yes/No
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes/No
Dealer disputed the TSB (didnā€™t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Yes/No
How likely is it you would recommend this dealerā€™s service department to a friend/colleague? 0 to 10 score

Spreadsheet Updated as of 09/13/2020 8:09 PM
Number of Responses: 70
Net Promoter Score: 34%
Percentage Disputed the TSB: 24%
Average Completion (Days): 9
Average Score if bought from Dealer: 7.4
Average Score if NOT bought from Dealer: 7.6
Steve Jones Dodge Chrysler Jeep Fiat
Dickson TN
Taken 9/7/2020
Work Complete 9/16/2020
Yes
No
No

Paul Ellison is the best Service guy on the planet.

Last edited:

Sponsored

nytq

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2 Door
Hi!

Reading through the forum messages it is evident that we are not being supported in a consistent manner by the numerous dealerships, with respect to TSB 08-074-20. I thought that I would start a survey to help capture the good and the bad dealerships so that we can figure out where to take our JLs. I donā€™t think that a normal forum survey will work very well for this information, so just provide your response and Iā€™ll build a spreadsheet that I can update on a regular basis (once a day or so).

The questions are:

Dealer Name:
City, State:
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work):
Date Completed:
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: Yes/No
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes/No
Dealer disputed the TSB (didnā€™t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Yes/No
How likely is it you would recommend this dealerā€™s service department to a friend/colleague? 0 to 10 score

Spreadsheet Updated as of 09/13/2020 8:09 PM
Number of Responses: 70
Net Promoter Score: 34%
Percentage Disputed the TSB: 24%
Average Completion (Days): 9
Average Score if bought from Dealer: 7.4
Average Score if NOT bought from Dealer: 7.6

Dealer Name: Milford Chrysler
City, State: Milford, PA
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work):09/08/20 Walk In to see what could be done. 09/14/20 Dropped off for TSB
Date Completed: 09/16/20
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: No
How likely is it you would recommend this dealerā€™s service department to a friend/colleague? 0

Let me start with...I HATE DEALERS AND THEIR SERVICE DEPARTMENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Over the years I've had enough bad experiences that I just don't trust them. That said....the Jeep Gods were with me on this one. I've had my 2019 2dr JL for almost a year. Just over 10K miles. Have loved it since day one. The Steering felt abnormally strange to me from the test drive, but got the "it's a jeep thing". After a couple of months I decided to have the alignment checked, which resulted in many specs off. While the alignment did not change the play or wander I had piece of mind that I was tracking straight and not eating thru tires. Still another proof of the poor quality coming out of Toledo. Fast forward to the TSB. When I first heard about it I did not plan on having it done. I was used to the play and wander. It wasn't horrible in my mind at this point. But I couldn't leave things alone. I decided to try adjusting the steering box just to see if there was anything to gain. Watched a few videos on the topic. Pretty straight forward. Not! The adjustment screw was fused to the lock nut. A normal person would have just stopped there and tighten it up and be done with it. Not me. I decided that damn lock nut must loosen with some lubricant and force. HaHa. It just kept un-adjusting everything. By the time I was done, there was so much play someone with common sense would not drive it. If that wasn't bad enough I had snapped the head of bit in the adjustment screw. So now I'm cursing at myself and thinking I'm going to have to pay to fix this stupid thing. After thinking about it a bit I decided to take a chance with the TSB. I was a bit sneaky and put a new green set line on the adjustment screw and nut just incase they brought it up. I know, this is all a bit devious, but I figured I was due some payback LOL. Brought it in on 09/08 thinking they would at least drive and confirm. But no. Had to schedule an appointment for that. At this point I'm speaking with the service rep and asked him if I could get a loaner. After stumbling over himself I got a "I don't think so". Luckily the service manager happened to be right next to him. After reading the TSB very carefully, he said, sure. Once it's confirmed I could leave it and get a loaner. Great, thanks. See you next Monday. Drop off day arrives and I'm there at 9am. The same service rep is there but now another guy is with him. And ofcourse there computers where slow. LOL. So after a bit of back and forth I ask for my loaner. Oh no, we don't have loaners they say. This is the point when I can feel the color of my skin, under the mask changing color. I didn't write down names or record the transcript of our conversation, but I definitely told them that has to happen from now on. Everyone forgets conversations and the "computer is slow" so who knows what if anything was noted in there. Luckily the one guy suggested it was the service manager I had spoken to for the approval. They tracked him down and got they ok on the loaner. The rep was clearly upset I was getting a loaner. I could hear him go on about not getting paid by FCA for the loaner because it had to be a rental from the in house Enterprise. Not an actual dealer loaner. Then came the test drive/confirmation for the TSB. I insisted to go with him. Finally my mistake turned into my fortune. The screwed up adjustment attempt made it clear there was a huge amount of play in the steering. Only took a drive up to 30mph on a straight away for him to feel it. The whole time I'm thinking this is going to blow up and I was going to get the shaft somehow. Well I left with my shiny chrysler minivan loaner LOL with no idea how long it would take to get the new parts. Or how long the repair would take. I was very clear on my expectation with the other guy that did the test drive, since he said he would be in charge of the TSB. First I asked him not be take it personally and that I wasn't trying to tell him how to do his job. But....to pay special attention on ordering the correct part, torquing all the nuts/bolts, aligning the steering wheel , cleaning up any spilt steering fluid and making sure the reservoir was full with complete. ( While he nodded yes to all of this, he did stop to tell me the was no steering fluid involved.) I simply said yes there is. Just clean up any mess. I wrote all of this on the TSB that I handed to them. Finally I leave. Backing up a bit. I had contacted Jeep Cares/Wave in advance thru the forum a week before dropping it off. Just in case. They already had an escalation case number for me when it was at the dealer. The jeep cares rep also mentioned the extended wait time for the parts. Sooo..... Two days later I get a call from the dealer. Jeep was ready. I was like, WTF! did they do it? I just couldn't believe it. I head down prepared to not have my jeep fixed. Low and behold, there it was. New correct geer in place, engine bay looking exactly like I had left it. Now I say to the rep, I'll have to inspect it and drive it before concluding the transaction and turning in the loaner. Off I go, and WOW, what a difference. Just like everyone said. I always loved my Jeep, but his put the spark back in our romance LOL. But another little problem popped up as I pulled back into the dealer. The windshield wiper fluid sensor goes off. So I double check the tank and it was full. So I'm thinking they forgot to connect something since it's right in that area. I walk in very thankful, but told them this light had come on. The same service guy that drove it and supervised the TSB is out there telling me that the Green RainX (Bug Remover) fluid was the cause. Remember me saying how much I hate dealers and service departments. Of Course I'm like what the heck are you talking about. RainX is bad in cars???? Very long story short, the service rep finally suggests he can order a new one, and we head back in the office. Now I'm being sarcastic with the guy because I new this was going to have hiccup. Then I say "this is covered on warranty" right. Oh yeah, your under 12K and year, I can do it under warranty. Again the Gods were shining on my. They actually had one in stock and 30 mins later, I was fixed and on my way. While waiting I googled rainx and sensors. I found a class action against them for the same reason. I never used the bug remover as much as with the Jeep. I was shown the old sensor and it was gooped up with green boogers. So take that information for what it's worth. The whole experience was shockingly easy. FYI, I did un-marry my Tazer before leaving off, just in case. I don't share much on the forum, but I figured this was a good story to share. Good luck to all of you in process to get this done. I think the 2 doors may have an advantage in wait times, because there simply aren't that may of them compared to the JLU's and JT's . The service guy said he had another JT waiting two weeks prior to my arrival. I don't know , but 2 days WOW!!!!! I still give the dealer a 0 just because. They really don't have the customers best interest. You have to fight and document and get stern with them. It shouldn't have to be that way. Also this is not a big wrangler dealer. Main reason I've never purchased from them. They never have the one I want. But his may be an advantage if your shopping around to get the service done. The smaller the wrangler foot print the less back up they may have. Just a thought.

wareinhardt

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Freedom Edition
Dealer Name: Route 46 Jeep
City, State: Little Falls, NJ
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 9/14/2020
Date Completed: 9/16/2020

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Just got word that the parts are all in, so I go in tomorrow to get it done!
So I got it done yesterday, but I'm not really happy with the dealership. Even though parts were in for it they wanted to waste most of the day trying to diagnose the problem. I once again showed him on the TSB that under diagnosis that it states that maintenance should be performed if the customer states that the issue is present. That only appeared to piss him off and he marched his service manager in there, who said he would back his service writer, and that they were following FCA policy. I was there for my 0730 appointment 15 minutes early, and before almost every other customer. I know that they started working on it fairly early too. Because the Uconnect app kept buzzing and telling me that it had just performed a successful scan. I know that they inflated my tires from 34 to 39, test drove it a few times, and even put it on the alignment rack. I feel like they were trying to get out of doing it. Finally at 3:30 in the afternoon they agreed to actually do the work. And didn't finish until 10 till 7. They did it correctly, right box, bolts, tightened to spec, and fluid topped off. But I don't know if I would recommend anyone else to go there.

4x4tographer

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Clubs

Who was your service advisor? I've tried to point to this TSB but my service advisor Marvin said that is not applicable and better to do an alignment...
Jorge was my advisor. We're coming up on the quoted 4 week wait time for the parts to come in (this Saturday) so I plan to call them and verify.

They're never happy when I bring in TSBs related to my Jeep.

Generally, I sit there for 4-5 hours in the waiting room while the Jeep sits in the parking lot waiting for a tech to drive and confirm that I'm right and to apply the TSB.

Prior to this last steering visit, they scheduled a Thursday appt for me at 4pm. When I arrived, they told me their techs all leave at 4pm, so I'd have to leave the Jeep overnight. It's an hour drive from my place to get to this dealer. Beyond frustrating. I ended up rescheduling the appointment for 7am on a Saturday.

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
Dealer Name: Aventura CDJR
City, State: North Miami Beach, Florida
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): August 18, 2020
Date Completed: September 16, 2020
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes/No Rubi take off suspension, Mopar LCAs, Metalcloak bump stops
How likely is it you would recommend this dealerā€™s service department to a friend/colleague? 0 to 10 score: 10

On the first time going in it wasnā€™t even for my jeep i just took advantage since the service manager saw me looking at other jeeps that were lifted. I voiced my struggled with another dealer and mentioned the TSB for my jeep. Without question they ordered it for my jeep only taking my name and number and asking how many miles were on the jeep. I asked if they got a lot of complaints about it and itā€™s a daily thing for them.

Sponsored

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I will update this as time goes by...

Dealer Name: Autonation Jeep West
City, State: Denver/Golden, Co
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 9/8
Date Completed: TBD, box ordered, was told it could be up to 6 weeks.
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: None other than on JTR wheels instead of the original JLUR
Dealer disputed the TSB (didnā€™t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Nope, on the way to the dealership I took a video of the dead spot and thereā€™s pretty much no arguing that itā€™s completely unreasonable. They had the jeep for 2 days and agreed it is eligible.
How likely is it you would recommend this dealerā€™s service department to a friend/colleague? Setting up the appointment was a very poor experience, but once I was there the agent was great.
View attachment 370064
Mine goes in on the 30th here so glad to hear they didn't give you too much push back. I'll also record a video on the way in as mine does exactly what yours does in the video. You're also correct that this place is so overwhelmed calling or setting up service is a pain. I called back and finally got through to a service advisor in an attempt to get me on the list now but he won't until I bring it in and even then he said I'm behind at least 10 others waiting on their parts so I suspect mine won't be done until Feb.

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
Dealer Name: ELLIS Glendale Dodge Chrysler Jeep
City, State: Glendale, CA
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 9/16/2020
Date Completed: Dealer authorized TSB work, ordered parts ETA 2 weeks
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: No.
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes, Rock Krawler X-Factor "Flex" No Limits 2.5" lift, 0 offset fifteen52 wheels and 35" Patagonia MTs. Self installed. No comment whatsoever about the mods during visit.
Dealer disputed the TSB (didnā€™t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): No dispute. They also were up front about it when I asked about it, saying they've been doing them and the parts are somewhat hard to order with the one every 14 days limitation, but they'd be happy to check the Jeep out and get me on the list. No issues after they looked at the Jeep, ordered the steering gear right away.
How likely is it you would recommend this dealerā€™s service department to a friend/colleague? 10.

This dealer is mod friendly within reason - they're an AEV dealer and the GM drives one of the AEV JLURs on 37 KM3s. Super nice guy, also said he anticipated AEV JL bumpers should be available for sale before the end of the year and that they'd be stocking em. They look sweet on his rig. Aside from his rig, this dealer is selling Rubicons on 37s all day off the lot.

I'll update when I get the work done.

aquaxp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara '20
Jorge was my advisor. We're coming up on the quoted 4 week wait time for the parts to come in (this Saturday) so I plan to call them and verify.

They're never happy when I bring in TSBs related to my Jeep.

Generally, I sit there for 4-5 hours in the waiting room while the Jeep sits in the parking lot waiting for a tech to drive and confirm that I'm right and to apply the TSB.

Prior to this last steering visit, they scheduled a Thursday appt for me at 4pm. When I arrived, they told me their techs all leave at 4pm, so I'd have to leave the Jeep overnight. It's an hour drive from my place to get to this dealer. Beyond frustrating. I ended up rescheduling the appointment for 7am on a Saturday.
Oh, sound very familiar, especially the fact that they never check appointments for the actual request and when you came - there are no techs to complete work. What the reason to have schedule open until 5 if there no one will help you when you came thru all traffic on 101?

Thank you for sharing experience - their lazy style is something common... I will probably will try to work with another dealership that will not waste my time.

Category5Bronado

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Dealer Name: South County Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram
City, State: St. Louis, Missouri
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 09/02/2020
Date Completed: 09/11/2020 (had to wait for parts to come in)
Dealer disputed the TSB (didnā€™t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): No. The tech did write that the steering was normal for a Jeep though.
How likely is it you would recommend this dealerā€™s service department to a friend/colleague? 10.

Paulocon

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler jlur
I have a 2020jl and dealer said they will do it. I have very slight play. Is this worth it.. can I possibly make it worse? I ask bc I read that some guy it made it worse..
Sponsored