Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Sahara
Dealer Name: Huffines Jeep
City, State: Lewisville, TX
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 8/27/20
Date Completed: 9/8/20
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: No
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes, 2" lift with 35" tires
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): No. Steering box was there next day, but bolts took over a week to show up.
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 10
Sponsored

StingJLUR

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon - Sting Gray
Dealer Name: Fitzpatrick’s Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram
City, State: Ansonia, CT
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 9/10/2020 - Only had to call and they ordered the parts right away.
Date Completed: N/A
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: Yes
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes - 3.5in lift w/ 37in tires.
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): No
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 10

OP
OP
Engine Guy

Engine Guy

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Engineer
OP
OP
Engine Guy

Engine Guy

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Engineer
Dealer Name: McKay’s CJD
City, State:
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): Yes
Date Completed: 9/10/2020
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: No, just rubicon suspension and tires on Sport S
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 0 to 10 score: 2

Took it in for a test drive and for them to look at everything. They ordered the parts and did the work two weeks later. I thought it was a good experience over all until I got home to check. Oil everywhere... doesn’t even look like they tried to wipe anything up.

C4001370-A9E1-4E41-B5AD-FB8EC54A03A2.jpeg

2EE58AF3-AA03-4A85-8ADB-23849F9879B5.jpeg

F536408E-1F6E-40E5-8AB8-517AC0F01BE0.jpeg
Confirming Waite Park, MN as the dealer location?

OP
OP
Engine Guy

Engine Guy

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Engineer
Overall the responses are trending toward better service, which is great! The average time from Evaluation to Completion is 9 days.

Sponsored

Potts44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
83 CJ7
I have been complaining about the steering since it was picked up 1/2019. they tried other things but said there hands were tied before the TSB came out. took it in for evaluation and the service tech said he didn't need to even drive it. knew what the problem was and would order the part. Easy peasy
P.S. the service manager at this location believes there will be a recall eventually.

Dealer Name: Heritage Jeep
City, State: Harrisburg PA
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 9/2
Date Completed: scheduled for 9/17 but could have been completed as early as 9/11
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: Yes
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: No
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 8

Friday2322

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR
Well I'm waiting on a call back but my experience was not a positive one;

Dealer Name: Davis Moore Chrysler Jeep Dodge
City, State: Wichita, KS
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 09/11/20
Date Completed: 09/11/20
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: Yes/No No
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes/No Wheels and tires
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Yes/No Yes, said because of the 17 inch aftermarket wheels with 35 inch tires and upgraded Mopar LCA's the caster was out of spec.
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 0 to 10 score So far the service department is batting a 3, simply becasue they looked at it on short notice and addressed a couple of other issues.

UPDATE-- I went back to the dealership and spoke with the mechanic and he conceded and ordered the parts. It sounds like he was frustrated because "everyone with a JL or JT" was coming into the dealership and wanting to have the TSB work done.

Last edited:

Dano36

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Rubicon, 2016 Torch Red Corvette, 2018 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Whatever it takes.
Dealer Name: Stan McNabb Chrysler Jeep Dodge
City, State: Tullahoma, TN
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): N/A. Sent salesperson an email on 8/17 with a pdf of the TSB. Got back to me that day saying parts were on order. Service manager called me on 8/20 and said parts were in and we made an appointment for service on 8/24.
Date Completed: 8/24/20
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: Yes/No Yes
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes/No No, stock
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Yes/No No
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 0 to 10 score 10

Drives 100% better

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Dealer Name: Bayside Jeep Chrysler Dodge Ram
City, State: Queens, NY
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 8/25/20
Date Completed: 9/11/20
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: No
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): No. My service advisor : Kevin Chanona.
Dealer couldn't order it on that day, cause of the 14 day limit, told me to call back 9/3 and they'll order it.
Parts arrived, and scheduled for installation. All done.

**FYI I called all Dealers around the NYC area and they all refused. I give props to Bayside for coming through.

Sponsored

goose77

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.toolsinaction.com
Vehicle(s)
22 JLURXR, , 84 CJ7 , 22 TREMOR, 23 Model Y
Occupation
Pan Handler
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer Name: Wickstrom Jeep
City, State: Barrington, IL
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work):Just called
Date Completed: Parts are 2 weeks out, scheduled an appointment
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: NO
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
Dealer Name: Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of Walla Walla
City, State: Walla Walla, WA
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 9/2/20
Date Completed: 9/10/20
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes - 35 in tores. No lift.
Only issue is that they took the Jeep to an outside shop for alignment and even though the TSB is 100% warranty covered, they MADE me pay $130 for the outside alignment. F'ing BS.
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 4

Did any of you guys have this issue with alignment? Apparently my dealer svc dept doesnt do alignments, so sent it to an outside alignment shop. Then they tell me the alignment isnt covered, so I have to pay the OUTSIDE shop through THEIR svc dept.!?

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Dealer Name: All American CJDR of Midland
City, State: Midland, TX
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): August 25th
Date Completed: Never
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: Yes/No NO
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes/No 2" puck lift, but they didn't even see it.
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Yes/No Yes
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 0 to 10 score 0000 After driving 3 hrs to get to this dealership because of a recommendation they wouldn't even look at it that day. I explained that if their techs were busy, they could just order the parts anyway, because the TSB states that if the customer has stated that there is an issue, that the work is to be performed. That wasn't enough justification for the SW. He proposed that I should make another appointment, drive 3 hrs back to where I am working. Then drive back out there on my next day off 3hrs away, for his tech to say, "Yeah, needs parts" Then I would have to drive 3hrs back, and wait till the parts show up. Then finally drive there for the actual service.

Dealer Name: Dick Poe Chrysler Jeep
City, State: El Paso, TX
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): Aug 28th
Date Completed: TBD
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes/No 2" puck lift
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Yes/No No
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 0 to 10 score 9.5 Initially the service writer I was talking to was completely clueless and wanted to apply the V41 recall. But he was wise enough to refer me to the more experienced service writer when he couldn't answer my questions or find the TSB in his computer. The other service writer, Lupe, was outstanding. I was in my work truck because I had to pick up a bottle of nitrogen from the praxair behind the dealership, so I thought for sure that I would have to bring my Jeep in for them to look at. Instead he actually listened to me, found the TSB, and set up a work order and ordered the parts for me based on my VIN and our conversation. He even suggested that I reach out to customer care to get parts coming his way faster. I took off a half a point just because the first guy didn't know what he was doing.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Dealer Name: Landers CDJR
City, State: Norman, OK
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 08/21
Date Completed: not yet
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Yes
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 4/10, they finally ordered the parts after I fought with them for a few weeks.
Update: picked up the Jeep yesterday (9/11/2020) and they had installed the aluminum gearbox with the -AE revision code. Power steering fluid was all over the place. At least all the bolts were tight this time, the first time they refused to do the gearbox and put on a track bar and tie rod, and left the steering stabilizer flopping loose. Let’s try again, I guess.

Oh, and they tried telling me the -AE part number probably just changed numbers and crosses over, and they needed to just update the invoice. NOPE.

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu, 2008 JKU, 2008 Jku
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer Name: Galeana Jeep
City, State: Fort Myers, Fl
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 7-14-2020
Date Completed:8-22-2020
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes/No Yes, 2.5 RK lift, Synergy track bar brace, Falcon stabilizer, 315/70/17 all terrains.
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Yes/No Yes, Said that's how Jeeps normally drive
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 0 to 10 score -0
Id like to update, after multiple emails and calls to Jeep cares I arranged another appointment with Galeana. Today the service manager there ordered the TSB parts for us! Now we wait ...
Sponsored