Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu, 2008 JKU, 2008 Jku
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer Name: Galeana Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Fiat
City, State: Fort Myers, Fl
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 08.08.2020
Date Completed: N/A
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: Yes/No will NEVER again buy from these guys!!! Always issues with them
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes/No
Dealer disputed the TSB (didnā€™t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Yes/No
How likely is it you would recommend this dealerā€™s service department to a friend/colleague? 0 - Complete jerks!
Dealing Galeana now or trying to, they have been terrible! Got Jeep cares involved, they opened a case and they haven't done anything to help except to tell me maybe I should try a different dealer....
Sponsored

b1er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubicon, '18 JL Sport, 1980 El Camino, 1969 Olds 442
Dealer Name: Bice CDJR
City, State: Alexander City AL
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work):24 Aug
Date Completed: 31 Aug
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: YES/No I bought 2 JL's there actually...
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes/No
Dealer disputed the TSB (didnā€™t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Yes/No Sorta but agreed to do the work "as long as Jeep didn't ask for pictures" 3" lift, 38's. etc...
How likely is it you would recommend this dealerā€™s service department to a friend/colleague? 10

They were apprehensive about doing the repair at first but after about 20 minutes of talking, they agreed to proceed with the work. And after it was completed, the service manager was much more agreeable to fixing other modded Jeeps if they have steering issues...

JLJeepGuy513

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS, 2016 Pathfinder
Occupation
Civil Engineering Designer
Dealing Galeana now or trying to, they have been terrible! Got Jeep cares involved, they opened a case and they haven't done anything to help except to tell me maybe I should try a different dealer....
I gave up with them and went to Cape Coral Jeep. Its been there for about a week now to fix the bubbles in the paint. They also denied the issue with steering but actually told me to get jeeps cares involved and once corporate calls them it could potentially get approved. I will give you an update later today after they open to see what the status of my jeep is. Although they denied the steering fix, they are 100% better here in their customer service and their facility is awesome.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
@JeepCares it seems to be a general trend that dealerships in NYC and Long Island are not helping with this TSB. Either we get rejected on the phone or they take our Jeep in for a test ride only to tell us that nothing is wrong despite our claims. Hoping we can make this experience better esp with the Ford Bronco rolling in within a year or two. Many would be owners do read this forum. what current owners publish here can possibly sway them towards a Bronco after all.
@Punjabi New Yorker - If anyone needs support working with the dealer in order to have this TSB completed, please reach out to our team via private message.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
@Punjabi New Yorker - If anyone needs support working with the dealer in order to have this TSB completed, please reach out to our team via private message.

Darlene
Jeep Cares
Darlene, you folks are GREAT!

I don't hear anyone complaining about @JeepCares much these days, Lol!

Sponsored

Dr. RGB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer own a Jeep
Clubs

Dealer Name: Outten Jeep
City, State: Hamburg, PA
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 9/1
Date Completed: 9/1
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: Yes
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: No
Dealer disputed the TSB (didnā€™t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Yes, they said it is the tires (stock) not the steering.
How likely is it you would recommend this dealerā€™s service department to a friend/colleague? 3

I have a claim in with JeepWave and @JeepCares is helping out. I was told that I need go go get a second opinion. Going to another dealership tomorrow to see what they say.....

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer Name: Oxmoor Jeep
City, State: Louisville, KY
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): Aug 12, 2020
Date Completed:Sept 2, 2020
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: No
Dealer disputed the TSB (didnā€™t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): No problems
How likely is it you would recommend this dealerā€™s service department to a friend/colleague? 10 (great dealership as far as I'm concerned)

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mahindra Thar (in India) - 2.5L Diesel, 4x4, 5 spd Manual ; 2020 JLU Rubicon (in USA) - 3.6 Gas with 8 Speed Automatic
Occupation
Family business in India and USA (dual citizen of both)

Darlene
Jeep Cares
Thank you, Darlene. I will do. I am going to try again when I need to have scheduled maintenance done on the Jeep by the dealership later this year now. If there is any pushback then, I will reach out immediately. Aiming to do so by November. Hoping if there are any delivery issues with the new assembly they are resolved by then. Thank you again!

22Mag

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Willy's
Dealer name: Savage 61
City, State: Reading PA
Date taken in for evaluation: 9-8-2020
Date completed: Waiting on parts, they claim 10 days
Did you buy your jeep from this dealer: No
Your jeep has suspension/ tire mods: No all stock
Dealer disputed the TSB: No
How likely is it you would recommend this dealership: 10

OP
OP
Engine Guy

Engine Guy

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Engineer
Can you default the sorting in this to State?
Hi Everyone!

Sorry for the delay in updating the spreadsheet (long Labor Day weekend). The spreadsheet has been updated and sorted by state.

Thanks for all the great data!!

Sponsored

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
Dealer Name: Baxter Chrysler Dodge Jeep etc...
City, State: Omaha, NE
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 8/25
Date Completed: 9/1
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes, 35ā€ tires, mopar lift LCA, rubicon suspension
Dealer disputed the TSB (didnā€™t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): No
How likely is it you would recommend this dealerā€™s service department to a friend/colleague? 10

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Dealer Name: Landers CDJR
City, State: Norman, OK
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 08/21
Date Completed: not yet
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: No
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes
Dealer disputed the TSB (didnā€™t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Yes
How likely is it you would recommend this dealerā€™s service department to a friend/colleague? 4/10, they finally ordered the parts after I fought with them for a few weeks.

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
I will update this as time goes by...

Dealer Name: Autonation Jeep West
City, State: Denver/Golden, Co
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 9/8
Date Completed:
  • 09/08: Was told the box was ordered and it could be up to 6 weeks.
  • Update 09/24: called and they said they havenā€™t received any yet and that I could still be another 5-6 weeks.
  • Update 09/28: spoke with Jeepcares about what a reasonable time frame is and what could be done to expedite and was told:
    JeepCares said:
    As previously stated, there are part delays. We are unable to determine the amount of time it will take for this part. It is possible to have the part available sooner or later than 2 months. We do not have the proper resources to determine the time frame, but your dealer will be in the best position to communicate to you as they receive updates.
  • Update 10/01: Called to talk to the service advisor (Daniel R). Hug up and redialed after waiting on hold for 22 minutes. Called back and the call rolled over to other departments 3 times. Gave up and called back 30 minutes later. Was told by the service advisor was on another call and they would call me back when off the call. An hour later I got a call back saying it's by 10 weeks. That's on top of the 3.5 I've already waited. Damn, Jeep service sucks.
  • Update Oct 16, 2020: called the worthlessership and was told it could be an additional 2 months. Yeah, Iā€™m going to start getting noisy about this.
  • Update Oct 30, 2020: NOTHING. Called the worthlessership. and was told they've not recieved any parts and it could be another 8 weeks. @JeepCares still doesn't care.
  • Update Jan 20, 2021: Finally got the new box in (one week of the delay was due to my schedule). Fixed the problem and the steering is nice and tight the way a new $50k vehicle should be. Not a fan of Jeep service... this thing has soured me to the vehicle and I'm getting ready to sell it and convert a Provan Tiger GT to 4x4.
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: None other than on JTR wheels instead of the original JLUR
Dealer disputed the TSB (didnā€™t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Nope, on the way to the dealership I took a video of the dead spot and thereā€™s pretty much no arguing that itā€™s completely unreasonable. They had the jeep for 2 days and agreed it is eligible.
How likely is it you would recommend this dealerā€™s service department to a friend/colleague? Setting up the appointment was a very poor experience, but once I was there the agent was great... this was likely due to me getting cranky when I asked for them to confirm their notes (since I'd be dropping it off after hours). They reread the notes from the prior service and couldn't tell me why it was being brought it (after taking 10 minutes to describe the issue the first time).

Last edited:

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer Name: Napletonā€™s Jeep
City, State: Arlington Heights IL
Date Taken In: 9/9
Date Completed: 9/9
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: 315/70/17 Teraflex ST1 Fox Shocks Rustyā€™s F&R track bars
Dealer disputed the TSB: No got approved from FCA Jeep cares

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
What I'm enjoying about this thread is that we are seeing a good number of dealers that are highly recommended. Mostly on an internet forum you'd hear about the bad ones. It is just easier to take the good ones for granted because they don't cause a disturbance in the Force.

Later, when we have more data, I'll tabulate the percentage of dealers getting a 9 or 10 rating, vs. those getting 5 or less.
Sponsored