Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Dealer Name: Richland Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram
City, State: Roswell, NM
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work):8/28/20
Date Completed: Appt. for install (parts are in) 9/8/20
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: Yes/No
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes/No (Rubicon spring Swap, 295/70/17 tires)
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Yes/No Techs said it steered as it should w/ the modifications, showed Service Manager TSB (I believe I was their first w/ this) and stated excess steering play on long, hot drives, parts ordered a few minutes later. So Started out as a Yes, changed to a No, lol.
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 0 to 10 score 10 (assuming the new box is installed without a hitch)
Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Hi!

Reading through the forum messages it is evident that we are not being supported in a consistent manner by the numerous dealerships, with respect to TSB 08-074-20. I thought that I would start a survey to help capture the good and the bad dealerships so that we can figure out where to take our JLs. I don’t think that a normal forum survey will work very well for this information, so just provide your response and I’ll build a spreadsheet that I can update on a regular basis (once a day or so).

The questions are:

Dealer Name:
City, State:
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work):
Date Completed:
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: Yes/No
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes/No
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Yes/No
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 0 to 10 score
Bald Hill Dodge/Jeep
Warwick, R.I
Called my Service advisor (Steve..great guy) about TSB , He ordered parts said a week or so will call me
Not scheduled yet
No, Did not buy my Jeep there( bought in New Hampshire)
No, Stock
No dispute
Def recommend...11

Jl_rubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Dealer Name: Tuttle Click Jeep Tustin
City, State: Tustin, CA
Date Taken In for Evaluation: 9/2/20
Date Completed: Pending, parts on order (10th in line)
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: No
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes, 2.5” Icon lift, 37” tires, Synergy tie rod, track bar, drag link and sector shaft brace. Fox ATS steering stabilizer. None of which was installed by the dealer.
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): No, aware of it and said tech would test drive to check for issue. When I picked up my car there were no additional miles so no test drive was done but service advisor said parts were ordered!
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 10

dana harding

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
The TSB resolves all the wandering and steering wheel play.

Dealer Name: Oursman Dodge Chrysler Jeep
City, State: Alexandria, VA
Date Taken In 31 Aug 2020 with a copy of TSB
Date Completed: 1 Sept 2020
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: Yes/No No
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes/No No
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Yes/No. No
How likely is it you would recommend. I recommend it

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
To all NY/Long islanders, good luck finding one who’s willing to do it, I legit callled all dealers in the 5 Boros, and a few in Long Island.
They’re more busy making $$$ changing oil than to deal with a TSB.

Sponsored

Jlmedic

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Sport S
To all NY/Long islanders, good luck finding one who’s willing to do it, I legit callled all dealers in the 5 Boros, and a few in Long Island.
Saved me some time, I was about to call all the ones near me on the island. Made a complaint and a escalation with FCA so lets see how that goes...

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
Got the TSB done today. The dealer could not have been better to deal with, I called and spoke to them about the TSB and how my Jeep wandered. They ordered the parts, called me when they came in, and installed and returned within a day. They also gave me a free loaner. AND they didnt give me any $hit about my steer smarts setup.
The difference is incredible. Jeep drives soooooooo much better

Edit...a bit more info below...

Dealer Name: Tyson Motors
City, State: Shorewood, IL
Date Taken In for Evaluation: No evaluation.
Date Completed: 9/2/20
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: Yes
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes - 2" Mopar lift, 37's, Steersmarts track bar, drag link, tie rod, Fox steering stabilizer
Dealer ordered parts after speaking to me on the phone about the TSB. Parts were in within 4 days, and the TSB completed in less than a week from the initial call. They had the Jeep for about 48 hours. It would have been done sooner but apparently they ordered the wrong power steering fluid or ran out or something along those lines.
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? Very Likely. They made the entire process easy and provided a sweet blacked out Grand for me to drive around in.

Last edited:

SilentSkut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently sans Jeep.
Occupation
Analysis-Paralysis Consultant, Alternator and Starter Expert
Dealer Name: Dave Dennis CDJR
City, State: Dayton, Ohio
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 8/26
Date Completed: 8/28
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: No
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): No
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 7

Overall positive experience, but would have liked more feedback and information on the actual process. Alignment still may be off.

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mahindra Thar (in India) - 2.5L Diesel, 4x4, 5 spd Manual ; 2020 JLU Rubicon (in USA) - 3.6 Gas with 8 Speed Automatic
Occupation
Family business in India and USA (dual citizen of both)
Wtf! No wonder Westbury Jeep has been bsing me! What do I need to do? Goto Jersey for this?

Sponsored

77RRAD

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I called jeep cares after the dealership told me my jeep steers just like all the others (play in the steering wheel) after 1600 in front end upgrades.
Synergy track bar, tie rod, drag link and brace. Made a big difference but not 100%
Jeep cares told me to go to another dealership....
I guess having my jeep in 7 times for warranty under 6k miles and also buying a 2019 rubicon fully loaded, 2019 cherokee trailhawk and a 2k mile used 2018 Renegade gets me this shitty service.

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mahindra Thar (in India) - 2.5L Diesel, 4x4, 5 spd Manual ; 2020 JLU Rubicon (in USA) - 3.6 Gas with 8 Speed Automatic
Occupation
Family business in India and USA (dual citizen of both)
@JeepCares it seems to be a general trend that dealerships in NYC and Long Island are not helping with this TSB. Either we get rejected on the phone or they take our Jeep in for a test ride only to tell us that nothing is wrong despite our claims. Hoping we can make this experience better esp with the Ford Bronco rolling in within a year or two. Many would be owners do read this forum. what current owners publish here can possibly sway them towards a Bronco after all.

bhagen

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Dealer Name: Putnam Chrysler Jeep Dodge
https://goo.gl/maps/QsY8DNZ66D3XuX6t8
City, State: Burlingame, CA
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): August 18th, 2020
Date Completed: Not Yet
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: No
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 7

Service advisor was a bit confused by it at first, but when he brought the TSB I printed out to his parts guy, the parts guy knew what was up. He said all the stuff we already know, like that they can only order one every two weeks. The head service advisor came in and knew exactly what we were talking about and made it clear to the first advisor I talked to that no inspection needed to be done, just to order the parts. He even asked me if I found out through the forum :).
As I was about to pull out, they ran up to me with a form to sign and said they were just going to go ahead and order the parts even though someone else had ordered a few days ago. Hopefully I don't get them in trouble for saying that. Not a bad experience, I just wouldn't be afraid to ask for the head advisor or talk directly to the parts guy to minimize confusion.

Now I just have to wait...

Edit:
Completed 9/10/2020. Steering on highway is much better, heavier all around which I like. My pull to the right was NOT fixed, and my wheel is still a bit crooked to the left when driving straight. Guess that issue is not my steering box. Will bring it back in. Oh well, guess I can be happy most of it was fixed.

Last edited:

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer Name: DuPage Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM
City, State: Glendale Heights, IL
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): August 26th 2020
Date Completed: None Dealer Refused
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes > Teraflex ST1, Fox Shocks, Rusty's F&R track bars, Mopar LCAs, 315/70/17 KO2s on stock wheels.
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Yes, They said because I have modifications they can't complete the TSB, I called Jeep Care and they are authorizing the repair but DuPage Jeep said they do not want to be liable because I have modifications.
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 3 If they weren't so close to my house I would never go there.

Last edited:

CapsKorner

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab Ed.
Dealer Name: Miller Jeep
City, State: Burlington, Wi
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 9/2
Date Completed: 9/2
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 0 to 10 score 8 - I rate it an 8 because for the last year they would not admit that I even had a problem, even though I came from a 2017 JKU to the 2019 JLU. But as soon as I presented them the TSB they immediately ordered parts and said lets do it. So they redeemed themselves with the easy response to the TSB.

front end mods they did not even question:

Adjustable Teraflex LCAs
Fox Steering Stabilizer
Yeti Trackbar
Synergy trackbar bracket and sector shaft brace
Adjusted the steering gear box adjustment screw
Sponsored