Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Engineer
Hi!

Reading through the forum messages it is evident that we are not being supported in a consistent manner by the numerous dealerships, with respect to TSB 08-074-20. I thought that I would start a survey to help capture the good and the bad dealerships so that we can figure out where to take our JLs. I donā€™t think that a normal forum survey will work very well for this information, so just provide your response and Iā€™ll build a spreadsheet that I can update on a regular basis (once a day or so).

The questions are:

Dealer Name:
City, State:
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work):
Date Completed:
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: Yes/No
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes/No
Dealer disputed the TSB (didnā€™t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Yes/No
How likely is it you would recommend this dealerā€™s service department to a friend/colleague? 0 to 10 score

Spreadsheet Updated as of 10/22/2020 9:15 PM
Number of Responses: 131

Overall Net Promoter Score: 31%

August Net Promoter Score: 29%
September Net Promoter Score: 44%
October Net Promoter Score: -25%

Percentage Disputed the TSB: 22%
Average Completion (Days): 11
Average Score if bought from Dealer: 7.9
Average Score if NOT bought from Dealer: 7.1
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Hi!

Reading through the forum messages it is evident that we are not being supported in a consistent manner by the numerous dealerships, with respect to TSB 08-074-20. I thought that I would start a survey to help capture the good and the bad dealerships so that we can figure out where to take our JLs. I donā€™t think that a normal forum survey will work very well for this information, so just provide your response and Iā€™ll build a spreadsheet that I can update on a regular basis (once a day or so).

The questions are:

Dealer Name:
City, State:
Date Completed:
Dealer disputed the TSB (didnā€™t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Yes/No
How likely is it you would recommend this dealerā€™s service department to a friend/colleague? 0 to 10 score
York Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram (formerly Westgate)
Plainfield, IN
Not yet in. Parts ordered
Yes, bought it there
Mopar lift, 35" tires, Rancho front track bar, Fox 2.0 steering dampener
Dealer immediately ordered parts, no fuss at all.
Highly recommended. They are a 10. I'd give them an 11 if I could. They've serviced my Jeeps for 13 years.

I will update #3 when the work is done. Just waiting on the parts.

Update 9/11/20....Got the Jeep in there and out today. It feels a little tighter, as I expected. It is more noticeable on the highway. It tracks better. In city driving, it doesn't really feel any different. My Jeep's steering wasn't bad to begin with, so I didn't expect a dramatic improvement. But the improvement is certainly noticeable.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Engine Guy

Engine Guy

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Engineer
York Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram (formerly Westgate)
Plainfield, IN
Not yet in. Parts ordered
Yes, bought it there
Mopar lift, 35" tires, Rancho front track bar, Fox 2.0 steering dampener
Dealer immediately ordered parts, no fuss at all.
Highly recommended. They are a 10. I'd give them an 11 if I could. They've serviced my Jeeps for 13 years.

I will update #3 when the work is done. Just waiting on the parts.
Awesome! Info added.

Thanks!

GClouser

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2-Door
Dealer Name: Moss Bros. Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Moreno Valley
City, State: Moreno Valley, CA
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 08/31/2020
Date Completed: N/A
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: Yes
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes, Mopar 2" lift, stock tires
Dealer disputed the TSB (didnā€™t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Yes, technician said they could not duplicate the problem, and that was "required" for the TSB.
How likely is it you would recommend this dealerā€™s service department to a friend/colleague? 0

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
Hi!

The questions are:

Dealer Name: Faricy Boys Jeep
City, State: Colorado Springs, CO
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 15 Aug 2020 (I was the 1st person at this dealer, and brought the TSB to their attention)
Date Completed: 27 Aug 2020
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: Yes
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes; 2" RANCHO Sport, 35's, and MOPAR's longer LCA's
Dealer disputed the TSB (didnā€™t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): No
How likely is it you would recommend this dealerā€™s service department to a friend/colleague?: 11
To add: I know of an individual on a 3.5", 40's, aftermarket steering set-up/driveshafts, re geared and crawls the hell out of the rig. That had no questions asked at this dealership!

Sponsored

klhjeep2018

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Sales manager
Dealer Name: Tate
City, State: Frederick Maryland
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): Aug.10 just called, Received the ok over the phone.
Date Completed: Sept. 1
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: No
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: No
How likely is it you would recommend this dealerā€™s service department to a friend/colleague? 10

brbutler

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 6-speed, 2016 VW GTI 6-speed, 1984 Porsche 928S 5-speed
Dealer Name: Herb Chambers CDJRF
City, State: Danvers MA
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 8/25 (previously scheduled appt. for Clutch Recall, Oil Change, this TSB, etc.)
Date Completed: 8/27 (left Jeep with them on 8/25, loaner provided)
Dealer disputed the TSB (didnā€™t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): No (no questions asked, no test drive)
How likely is it you would recommend this dealerā€™s service department to a friend/colleague? 10

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mahindra Thar (in India) - 2.5L Diesel, 4x4, 5 spd Manual ; 2020 JLU Rubicon (in USA) - 3.6 Gas with 8 Speed Automatic
Occupation
Family business in India and USA (dual citizen of both)
Hi!

The questions are:

Dealer Name:
City, State:
Date Completed:
Dealer Name: Westbury CDJR
City, State: Westbury, NY
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): Customer service claimed there are no TSB or recalls for my 2020 JLUR without taking any detail from me. Will try one more time with another dealer before asking Jeep Cares for support.
Date Completed: N/A
How likely is it you would recommend this dealerā€™s service department to a friend/colleague? 0 to 10 score. 3. Very nice guys but take very long with basic maintenance like oil changes. Highly recommend to buy from this dealership but to have the Jeep serviced from some place else. I once had to wait 3 hours for an oil change despite having an appointment. Will be going to my regular mechanic for oil changes going forward and using the Jeep network for warranty work only.

Last edited:

jackgraves7

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer Name: AutoPark Jeep
City, State: Cary/Apex, North Carolina
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 8/19/20
Date Completed: 8/19/20
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes, 255/75/17 A/T tires
How likely is it you would recommend this dealerā€™s service department to a friend/colleague? 9

blschaefer1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport S
Dealer Name: York
City, State: Prescott, AZ
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): Aug. 19, just called and spoke to service manager, received the ok over the phone. Was told parts are being allocated.
Date Completed: TBD, parts should be in next week.
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: 33" tires on Sport, no lift

Sponsored

jwk2

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Dealer Name: Dan Hemm CDJR
City, State: Sidney, OH
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 8/31
Date Completed: 9/1
Dealer disputed the TSB (didnā€™t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): No (no questions asked, did test drive to verify condition)

OP
OP
Engine Guy

Engine Guy

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Engineer
Thanks everyone, keep them coming! I'm working on building some calculations into the spreadsheet and making it easy to search.

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Reading through the forum messages it is evident that we are not being supported in a consistent manner by the numerous dealerships, with respect to TSB 08-074-20. I thought that I would start a survey to help capture the good and the bad dealerships so that we can figure out where to take our JLs.
Hi Chip, have you taken yours in for the TSB?

Later,
Johnny

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
Dealer Name: Courtesy Jeep
City, State: Mesa, AZ
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 9/1/20- for battery replacement (aux charging message). Tech said theyā€™d run the sodt update to see if that would fix the issue. It didnā€™t. So he ordered the part. It came in the next day, which was a big surprise!
Date Completed: Scheduled for next week
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes - Mopar lift, 35ā€ tires.

OP
OP
Engine Guy

Engine Guy

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Engineer
Hi Chip, have you taken yours in for the TSB?

Later,
Johnny
Hi!

I took mine in the day after the TSB came out. The dealer was super nice and told me I am number two in line. The first JL is a member here and had it completed shortly there after. I'm hoping that I am any day now.

Overall it just upset me that some dealers are not being straightforward about this TSB. By capturing some data I think we can steer our members in the correct direction, and later down the road go back to JeepCares about how the dealers are not supporting the most loyal car owning group out there. If the data shows things are going well then so much the better!
Sponsored