Sponsored

paulr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR
Dealer Name: Huntington Beach Jeep
City, State: Huntington Beach, CA
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 8/14/20 for oil change and refused to evaluate for TSB or even look at a copy of the TSB I had with me
Date Completed: 9/9/20 after FCA & JeepCares involvement (Chrysler rep immediately contacted me, approved the TSB, and immediately sent parts to the dealer for me)
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: No
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes, was discussed with Chrysler rep prior to approve of TSB, non-issue
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Yes - refused to even diagnose or look at the vehicle
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 5
Sponsored

photogoose

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Wrangler Sport S Unlimited, 2009 Hyundai Sonata
Dealer Name: Criswell Jeep
City, State: Gaithersburg, MD
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 8/17/20 for oil change and refused to even look at a copy of the TSB I had with me
Date Completed: N/A
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: yes
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: no
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Yes - refused to even diagnose or look at the vehicle
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 2
I've had issues with their service department in the past. Told I was being charged for things that were covered under warranty. The bolt that held down the front drivers side floor mat sheered off and they were unsure how respond. I had the jeep in for 3 days and only got answers when I called them, didn't actually call me.

When I brought up the TSB, the CSR said "it only applies if it shows up on our computer screen or if you've had issues." I Didn't fight it at the time as we were preparing for a trip. Will be returning in a few weeks to request further evaluation. Overall, mostly disappointed with Criswell's service. At least they put in the correct amount of oil.

paulr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR
Dealer Name: Criswell Jeep
City, State: Gaithersburg, MD
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 8/17/20 for oil change and refused to even look at a copy of the TSB I had with me
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: yes
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: no
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 2
I've had issues with their service department in the past. Told I was being charged for things that were covered under warranty. The bolt that held down the front drivers side floor mat sheered off and they were unsure how respond. I had the jeep in for 3 days and only got answers when I called them, didn't actually call me.

When I brought up the TSB, the CSR said "it only applies if it shows up on our computer screen or if you've had issues." I Didn't fight it at the time as we were preparing for a trip. Will be returning in a few weeks to request further evaluation. Overall, mostly disappointed with Criswell's service. At least they put in the correct amount of oil.
My dealer told me the same thing, next time tell them that only applies to a recall, as this is not a recall it will not show up the same way and per the TSB if the customer complains about wandering they are to complete it. I would just contact JeepCares for help, they were able to set me up and order parts without ever having to return to the dealer to have it looked at

photogoose

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Wrangler Sport S Unlimited, 2009 Hyundai Sonata
My dealer told me the same thing, next time tell them that only applies to a recall, as this is not a recall it will not show up the same way and per the TSB if the customer complains about wandering they are to complete it. I would just contact JeepCares for help, they were able to set me up and order parts without ever having to return to the dealer to have it looked at
Thanks! I'll give that a try. I've not had huge wandering issues, but definitely felt it somewhat on longer trips.

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer Name: Jeff Wyler CDJR
City, State: Lawrenceburg, IN
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 8/30
Date Completed: 9/9
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes, Dynatrac 2" lift, 35, aftermarket trackbar, Synergy track bar brace
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Not at all
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 0 to 10 score
I would give a 9, the only thing is they don't have a lot of loaner cars, so it may require a ride for drop off and pick up.

I get to know this dealership because one of their lead tech is on a Facebook group and seems a pretty cool guy, and himself is a Jeep owner and has done the TSB on his own Jeep the day it came out. They performed a couple of these, and I trust them to not screw up.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Engine Guy

Engine Guy

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Engineer
Good Evening Everyone!

I'm continuing to update Post #1 with the spreadsheet and more data. I just added the Net Promoter Score (NPS) and the percentage of dealers which disputed the TSB (both are calculated in the spreadsheet). NPS is big driver in the customer satisfaction world. The score is ok, but not as good as most corporations would like.

I suspect (no data to prove it) that the NPS number is better than it could be because of the excellent work of @JeepCares. Thank you for all the great feedback, and please let me know if you update an entry, as sometimes I miss updates.

All the best!

rydblue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR 4Xe 20th Anniversary Hydro Blue
Dealer Name: Van Horn CDJR of Stoughton
City, State: Stoughton, WI
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 9/9/2020
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: Yes
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Teraflex 1.5 spacer lift, 315/70R17 BFG AT KO2
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): No questions asked, parts on order
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 10
I highly recommend this dealer for sales and service. Never once have I had anything but good experiences. Purchased 3 Wranglers and 2 Rams from them.

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu, 2008 JKU, 2008 Jku
Vehicle Showcase
I gave up with them and went to Cape Coral Jeep. Its been there for about a week now to fix the bubbles in the paint. They also denied the issue with steering but actually told me to get jeeps cares involved and once corporate calls them it could potentially get approved. I will give you an update later today after they open to see what the status of my jeep is. Although they denied the steering fix, they are 100% better here in their customer service and their facility is awesome.
Id love to hear an update as to how they handle it. Galeana had ours almost 7 weeks for corrosion issues with the hood and hinges. They actually pointed out more corrosion on the doors (which I knew about , but was apprehensive about them painting the doors). They supposedly got approval to repair everything but after they did the hood they said I need to bring it back for the doors. that was after it had been there over 6 weeks. Picked it up on a Saturday and not a mention from anyone about bringing it back to finish.
We initially brought it in for the clutch recall and steering issues as well as the corrosion and a few other small things. They finished the mechanical stuff in two days, dismissed the steering wandering as that is how jeeps drive. They also dismissed my concern about the soft top being very loose and the back window popping out as normal too. It still pops out every time we drive. While it was in the body shop the bulletin to fix the steering came out. I'm still trying to get someone from the dealer to call me back and dealing with Jeep cares as well. They claim the manager is going to call me, but Im not holding my breath as most of my calls to Galeana have gone UN returned.

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu, 2008 JKU, 2008 Jku
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer Name: Galeana Jeep
City, State: Fort Myers, Fl
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 7-14-2020
Date Completed:8-22-2020
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: Yes/No No
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes/No Yes, 2.5 RK lift, Synergy track bar brace, Falcon stabilizer, 315/70/17 all terrains.
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Yes/No Yes, Said that's how Jeeps normally drive
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 0 to 10 score -0

Sponsored

Vanillacon

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Dealer Name: Jack Powell Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM
City, State: Escondido, CA
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 09/08/2020
Date Completed: 09/09/2020
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: Yes/No YES
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes/No YES Metalcloak 3.5 315/70 R17 BFG KO2
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Yes/No NO Technician agreed. Mine was the second one they had done recently. The first was a Gladiator.
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 0 to 10 score 10

Deleted member

Dealer Name: Putnam Chrysler Jeep Dodge
City, State: Burlingame, CA
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 8/14/2020
Date Completed: 8/21/2020
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): No
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 10

Biconia

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer Name: Russel Westbrook Van Nuys
City, State: Van Nuys CA
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 09/08/2020
Date Completed: NA
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: Yes/No: NO
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes/No: YES Metalcloak 3.5 / 38x13.50R17
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Yes/No: NO ( i show Video Clip )
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 0 to 10 score 10

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!