Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito! Sahara 2.0L Turbo
Dealer Name: Atlantic DCJR
City, State: St. Augustine, FL
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 19 OCT 2020
Date Completed: 20 OCT 2020
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: No
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: YES. AEV Dualsport 2.5" lift, KMC 17" wheels, Falken 35s, Clayton OffRoad HD Trackbar
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): NO
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 10

UPDATE 20 OCT 2020: Steering fix is in, complete, and is 100% better than before. No fight, no hassle, and done right the first time!

I'm fairly excited today. Took my Jeep to Atlantic DCJR in St. Augustine, FL. I was expecting a huge fight, as I didn't wait on the fix to install the AEV Dualsport lift, HD Clayton trackbar, 35" Falkens, Hammerhead Ravager bumper and Artec spare tire delete kit.

I actually read the TSB as my problem identification, and he typed it in as I wrote it. Waited about an hour while they took a look at it, mechanic came in and said it needs to be replaced, I have all the parts in stock, but I'm covered up today so can you leave it with us until tomorrow. Then they rented a car and gave it to me to use until mine is fixed. I could not be more excited, pending pick up of my Jeep and hopefully all is well with the steering.

Backstory - this Jeep was bought at auction by a large South East Toyota dealership, and was originally sold to the Canadian market. FCA has repeatedly told me that the warranty is invalid because it was built to send to Canada. After a contentious fight, Toyota issued me an aftermarket 60 month / 100K mile, bumper to bumper, zero deductible warranty policy in lieu of the FCA factory warranty. It started from date of manufacture, so I have 42 months and 90K miles left on that warranty.
Sponsored

Last edited:

gcnd06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BW JLUR (lemon'd), 2019 SG JLUR
Dealer Name: Perkins Motors
City, State: Colorado Springs, CO
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 19 OCT 20
Date Completed: n/a, dealer told me 2-4 months to get parts
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: Yes
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: 35s
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): No
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 10 for dealer service, 0 for jeep if it's really 2-4 months for parts

Sirois2018

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Grande Cherokee Overland, 2018 Ram 2500 Laramie
Dealer Name: Northwest Jeep
City, State: Beaverton, Oregon
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 14 OCT 2020
Date Completed: 19 OCT 2020
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: 37s, rock krawler 3.5" springs, x factor control arms, Yeti tie rods, YETI Steer Smarts Drag Link with Griffen attenuator, Synergy track bar, Fox Race Series 2.0 ATS Steering Stabilizer.
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 10 once they found my keys when I went to pick it up.

JBrown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport
Vehicle Showcase
Edited after picking up jeep to revise dealer rating and include new TSB info

Dealer name: Forest City Dodge
City: London, Ontario
Date taken in: today, Oct. 21
Date completed:N/A
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: yes
Your Jeep has suspension/tire mods: 285/75/R17s and rubi suspension swap
Dealer disputed TSB: Yes, said could not find TSB, does not apply, FCA will not authorize repair
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer's service department to a friend?: 7, they have been a pain to deal with in the past, gave them another chance because they have a new service manager. She has been great, spoke with her and the tech looking at my vehicle. They have started a case and are backing me up on this, FCA denied the coverage to the tech over tech line, because the Rubicon suspension I have installed puts the alignment out of spec for a Sport.

They have revised the TSB to include a stipulation about lifts, they gave me a copy of the new TSB I can scan it and upload later. It essentially says lifts are fine as long as the alignment specs are within factory spec for that Jeep. It is vin specific so if you have a Rubicon, Sahara or Sport the values for caster will be different. Something to bear in mind when having the work done.

Last edited:

mvng4wd

First Name
Keno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willy's - 3.0L EcoDiesel
Occupation
Municipal Community Services Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer Name: Tuttle Click CDJR Irvine
City, State: Irvine, CA
Date Taken In 10/15/2020:
Date Completed: TBD
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes (Synergy Spacers)
Dealer disputed the TSB: Yes (because of spacers)
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 0 (as of today)

After 9 days at the dealership they denied my request for any steering related repairs due to the wheel spacers.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
Dealer Name: Tuttle Click CDJR Irvine
City, State: Irvine, CA
Date Taken In 10/15/2020:
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes (Synergy Spacers)
Dealer disputed the TSB: Yes (because of spacers)
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 0 (as of today)
Try Tuttle Jeep in Tustin. Someone here got theirs done there.

rayzjeep

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Dealer Name: Greenway Ford Dodge Jeep
City, State: Orlando Florida
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 10/1/20
Date Completed:10/1/20
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: no
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: yes
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Yes
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 0 to 10 score 0

Flat out told me since I lifted the jeep it has to many modifications to do the repair. I have a 3.5 game changer lift from metal clock. They told me I would have to return it to stock.
So did you just give up or are you going to try another dealer? I'm in Melbourne (just moved here) and I don't know where I should try to take it as I have a 2.5" RK lift and 37s.

VooDoo1

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S, 2007 FJ Cruiser
Dealer Name: Elk Grove CDJR
City, State: Elk Grove, California
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 9/26/2020
Date Completed: 10/22/2020
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 0 to 10 score 9

Took it in on Saturday 9/26 for inspection/evaluation. After an hour wait, service advisor confirmed there was a problem and they will order parts per TSB. Received call on 10/20 that parts were in and scheduled appointment for 10/22. Dropped Jeep off on 10/21 and received free loner car. Service was completed late afternoon on 10/22. When picking up the Jeep, I inspected their work in the service driveway. Confirmed new steel black steering box, steering wheel was aligned straight and all new steel bolts, all parts matching service paperwork. When lifting up on plastic inner fender to see steering box part number, I noticed the inner fender very loose. Technician forgot to replace the 2 front screws holding the inner fender. Sent it back to the shop to install the missed screws and clean excess steering fluid spilled on frame. I would have given 10 out of 10, but lost a point due to loose fender liner. Jeep drives so much better, night and day difference. This TSB worked very well for me. I'm extremely pleased. Good job Jeep.

maddscot

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Wrangler Unlimited
Doing to help others, and will update as needed.

Dealer Name: Chrysler Jeep Dodge City McKinney
City, State: McKinney, Texas
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 10/23/2020
Date Completed: TBD *evaluation*
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: No
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? NA only 2nd time here

Came in for oil change (they have not overfilled on first one, and Serv Adv noted the overfill issues), and rotation of tires (asked to set pressure to 34 on stock tires). I brought up the TSB and had a copy though I did not pull it out. I experienced the issue when driving to Houston this past weekend that the Jeep pulls to the right. Never noticed before but figured would notice it on the longer drive and it was readily apparent that it pulls to the right.

Service Advisor was aware of the TSB, the issue and noted they would have to do a diagnostic and check first, but he was aware of the problem and have a backlog of Wranglers for the fix, as well as the lag / wait for part allocations. Did not discount the issue at all.

Sponsored

maddscot

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Wrangler Unlimited
Doing to help others, and will update as needed.

Dealer Name: Chrysler Jeep Dodge City McKinney
City, State: McKinney, Texas
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 10/23/2020
Date Completed: TBD *evaluation*
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? NA only 2nd time here

Came in for oil change (they have not overfilled on first one, and Serv Adv noted the overfill issues), and rotation of tires (asked to set pressure to 34 on stock tires). I brought up the TSB and had a copy though I did not pull it out. I experienced the issue when driving to Houston this past weekend that the Jeep pulls to the right. Never noticed before but figured would notice it on the longer drive and it was readily apparent that it pulls to the right.

Service Advisor was aware of the TSB, the issue and noted they would have to do a diagnostic and check first, but he was aware of the problem and have a backlog of Wranglers for the fix, as well as the lag / wait for part allocations. Did not discount the issue at all.
Not sure if all wish to update here, or other threads, but here was my experience.

Oil Change, looks like the put in 6 quarts... first miss, and the tires were inflated to 39 PSI (checked when cold via good air pressure gauge at home).

Per the Service Advisor, they checked the steering by performing the following:
  • Checked steering gear and linkage. Trouble not found on steering rack gear.
  • During several test drive could not duplicate customer concern. Steering wheel is straight and no pull was found
  • Checked suspension and no loose parts were found. Shop foreman test drove vehicle and was unable to duplicate customer concern.
I did not feel like arguing, it does pull to the right a bit, not as bad as some have shown in videos. So I let them know we now have this documented, I most likely will be back (called and let them know after drive home). Stated only to bring it back in if I felt it was still of concern and nothing more they could do.

I wish I felt like this dealership was "into" Jeeps a bit more. Then again they are a Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep dealership. Weird to me how with such a huge aftermarket, even Mopar badged, they have nothing in the parts area to "sell" other than key fobs, and hats. Going to be looking into other dealers around the McKinney/Plano area of Texas.

@JeepCares for FYI

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer Name: Gainesville Jeep
City, State: Gainesville, FL
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 10/20/2020
Date Completed: 10/22/2020
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? TBD

The steering is tighter post tsb work, and I confirmed the dealer installed the new box and torqued the IShaft bolt to spec. I haven't confirmed if all new bolts were installed yet.

I do have some jittery steering at low speed when turning to the left now. This is post tsb work, 250miles of driving and I've double checked there is no air in the system by performing a bleed myself.

Going to talk with the dealer this upcoming week to evaluate. Hopefully it's something simple...

nashvillen

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
nashvillen said:
Dealer Name: Beaman Dodge Chrysler Jeep
City, State: Murfreesboro, TN
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 9/4/2020; 10/12/2020
Date Completed: Still in process
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes (Rock Krawler 2.5 lift; Cooper Discoverer STT Pro 315/70R17)
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Yes
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? Right now, a 3. Up until this issue, it would have been a 7-8. They have been dragging their feet on a cold steering issue since last year, also. Hopefully both will be taken care of by this. Edit to add: afternoon of 10/12/2020 Dealer is going ahead with repair. Parts will be ordered and once in, installed.
UPDATE: Call from my SA this morning, parts are in, scheduled for repair on 20 OCT 2020. They wanted to get me in as early as tomorrow morning, but my schedule precluded anything until the 20th.
UPDATE: My JLU Sport S had the TSB performed on it on 21 OCT 20. Originally it was scheduled for 20 OCT 20 and I had it there at the appointed time and they got me right in. I went about my day and had arranged for a family member to deliver me to work where I had access to a company vehicle to do my work for the day (I fly UAVs and had several missions to fly that day). While in the field I received a call from my SA about an hour or so later saying they had the parts but couldn't find the frame mounting bolts in parts that were supposed to be there. They did promise they would have them the next morning. I asked if they had a loaner I could keep overnight. They did not at the time, but did promise if one was returned it would be mine for the night. Later that day a loaner (Dodge Grand Caravan, 2019) was returned and I did end up taking it home that night.

The next day they called that afternoon and the TSB was finished. The SA did say that there was still a drift to the right, but they said it was due to the aftermarket suspension (Rock Krawler). I picked up the JLU and did confirm that it still drifted to the right, but not nearly as much as before. Still waiting on sufficient lower temps to see if it fixed the sticky steering at highway speeds when cold. I will add more narrative on this once I experience those colder temps. I did confirm they torqued the bolts to factory specs and they filled and bled the steering system. There was some steering fluid on the frame near the new steel steering box upon my visual inspection before starting my vehicle and re-marring my Tazer JL. They did over fill my tires to 40 pounds even though I told them expressly to leave the tire pressure alone.

Overall I am barely satisfied with everything that happened. They did do what needed to be done, but bumbled their way through it and didn't pay attention to my wishes with specific details.

DDM4V7

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Dealer Name: Gunter CDJR
City, State: Ridgeway, VA
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 10-9-20
Date Completed: N/A
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Yes. Dealer insisted that a tech had to duplicate the issue in order for FCA to pay for the parts and labor. I gave them a copy of the TSB but it did not help. They insist the tech must be able to duplicate or find a problem.
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 0

Contacted Jeep Cares who then put me in touch with Chrysler Case Management. The case manager was not aware of the TSB but asked me for the TSB #, so she could do some research. Got back in touch with me a couple days later and verified the TSB did apply to my vehicle and that the dealer would be reimbursed for parts and labor. Problem is, according to my case manager, Jeep dealers are independent businesses and they can't be forced to do the work.

I now have two options; go to another dealer or I can pay for the parts and work myself and Chrysler will reimburse me. I think I'm going to try another dealer or two and see what happens. I bought the Jeep slightly used from a small town dealer a couple hours away. I may give them a try and see what they say over the phone.

Anyone have any dealer recommendations in the Greensboro, NC or Roanoke VA areas?

Below is an update as I decided to make an appointment with another dealer.

Dealer Name: Tri-City CDJR
City, State: Eden, NC
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 10/23/20
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? Will report back once work is complete.

After getting the run around from the previous dealer service department, I had two options according to Chrysler Case Mgmt. Go to another dealer or pay for the repair myself and seek reimbursement. I decided to seek out another dealer.

My appointment was at 9:30 on Friday but both my wife and I were working. We dropped the Jeep off Thursday afternoon and I gave the SA a copy of the TSB when I turned the key over. I also left another copy in the drivers seat.

About 10AM Friday, I received a call from the service advisor telling me they would do the repair but the parts were on backorder and there were a few in line ahead of me. At least I'm on the list now!

Winx

First Name
Landen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
epic-4wd.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Dealer Name: Foundation Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram North Vancouver
City, State: North Vancouver BC Canada
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): September 2nd
Date Completed: October 22nd
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 0 While in their possession, someone swung my driver’s door open into another car or object without mentioning it and scratched/dinged it pretty good. Now it needs body work and I’ll have to fight for them to cover the repair, or come out of pocket. Nothing is ever free... Not a good experience.

Jeep Wrangler JL Steering Fix TSB 08-074-20 Crowdsourced Dealership Survey. Add Your Experience. 1DF8F2BE-E76E-4CB8-8863-7F34875DC134
Sponsored