Sponsored

Steering damper, steering box, and track bars.

Crisis

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl Rubicon unlimited
I ordered my dream Jeep in June last year. I picked it up on August 26 2018. On October 10th brought it to the dealership cuz it has death wobble. They put new track bars and checked the whole front axle. Then it sat there for 35 days waiting to be fixed. they took a steering damper off a Jeep in the lot cuz the parts were on back Order for a few months. On November 15th I got it back and 3000 miles death wobble again. It sat for 32 days this time and they put a falcon 2.2 damper in. 6000 miles death wobble again. They put another falcon 2.2 damper on and it lasted about 6000 miles again. August 8 2019 drop off at dealership for death wobble this time a steering box which seemed to help the death wobble, but caused it to wander all over the road. So let’s put another steering damper back to the mopar damper and now it has death wobble again. It’s been sitting at the dealership for almost 3 months this time. They list it as unsafe to drive. I’m paying $808 a month plus insurance cost to drive my old car. Hopefully Jeep will do the right thing. I really want to be a Jeep fan but if I have to get an attorney I’ll never be able to buy a Jeep again.
Sponsored

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
You don't need an attorney, you've met the requirements for the Lemon Law. Go have a heart to heart with your dealer. Be nice but firm.

OP
OP
Crisis

Crisis

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don't need an attorney, you've met the requirements for the Lemon Law. Go have a heart to heart with your dealer. Be nice but firm.
I have but Jeep won’t work with me jeep wants to put another steering damper in.

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Have you gotten @JeepCares involved or a District Manager/Customer Rep? Have you talked to the General Manager and the owner? Do those steps before considering an attorney.

OP
OP
Crisis

Crisis

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you gotten @JeepCares involved or a District Manager/Customer Rep? Have you talked to the General Manager and the owner? Do those steps before considering an attorney.
I have done as much as I possibly can I have to wait until next week to see what the next step is going to be. Jeep kicked it out of litagation last week and want to try to fix it again. But they only change the steering damper. That’s all I hear and it hasn’t worked so far. I guess I’m hope this will get some attention by posting about my experience so far.

Sponsored

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon