Steering damper recall notice today on my Jeep

Joeymon1

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Just had the recall done on my Jeep last week. Did not have any wandering or dead spots but did have the wobble after bumps at highway speeds.
Noticeable difference after recall -installed properly.. No more wobble and a little tighter and better than new.. Hope it lasts
Sponsored

Attaboy55

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep wrangler jl 2 door firecracker red
Just had mine replaced, upside down as well. How on earth can they put it on upside down with an arrow to show the proper orientation?

steering.jpg
because ut would not FIT properly in the correct position , I'm going in Monday to have their fix of a new bracket which , according to them will allow it to be put on correctly, I assume the bracket on there now, will not accomodate with "BULGE" downwards...Based on many upside down Mopar 580AE's it would appear the AE will not fit properly using an older stock bracket....

jloyva

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Wrangler JL Sport S, Victory Touring Cruiser, Kia Sorento
Occupation
Project Manaager
because ut would not FIT properly in the correct position , I'm going in Monday to have their fix of a new bracket which , according to them will allow it to be put on correctly, I assume the bracket on there now, will not accomodate with "BULGE" downwards...Based on many upside down Mopar 580AE's it would appear the AE will not fit properly using an older stock bracket....
It fits just fine in the correct position. It's just a matter of untrained and/or inattentive service techs.

Attaboy55

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It fits just fine in the correct position. It's just a matter of untrained and/or inattentive service techs.
after recognizing upside down went to dealership, they said nimrod couldn't install it properly because bad bracket and would not fit in the correct position , so he mounted it upside down, which they oredered, this is all I can go by, otherwize a 180 flip would have rectified this....

Attaboy55

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
after recognizing upside down went to dealership, they said nimrod couldn't install it properly because bad bracket and would not fit in the correct position , so he mounted it upside down, which they oredered, this is all I can go by, otherwize a 180 flip would have rectified this....
and yes I agree should have NO PROBLEM putting on the new SS, however i wonder if some brackets ARE different, based on alot of variables, still piss poor work, shoulda said up front " won't fit ..bad bracket , one on order, but these jacklegs twist and go thie merry way.

Sponsored

bgj1010

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Systems Engineer - Manager
IMG_20190918_153322.jpg
Well, they did it to mine Monday as well. Need to check for the bulge in bottom when I get home later. How friggin hard is it to perform a 2min install?!

DrDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Beetle 2003, Sahara 4 door Silver 2020
Ok folks, this is it I’m going to dealership tomorrow 7:30 am (an ungodly hour) for same with weird steering. Took out air from tires to 36-37 psi. I’m NOT mechanically inclined, how would I know where to look if they place part wrong? What should I say, when I arrive?
Thanks

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
Ok folks, this is it I’m going to dealership tomorrow 7:30 am (an ungodly hour) for same with weird steering. Took out air from tires to 36-37 psi. I’m NOT mechanically inclined, how would I know where to look if they place part wrong? What should I say, when I arrive?

Thanks
Have you been there before on this issue ?

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IMG_20190918_153322.jpg
Well, they did it to mine Monday as well. Need to check for the bulge in bottom when I get home later. How friggin hard is it to perform a 2min install?!
How is it handling ?

x3L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOJITO! JLUR 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
Just got mine done, forgot to look at the dealership but mines upside down as well. What’s the culprit on this? They supplied a recall for a product that needs a different bracket they didn’t supply with the recall???

BFC63A27-743B-4215-BCD6-60FE5B758ADD.jpeg

Sponsored

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Just got mine done, forgot to look at the dealership but mines upside down as well. What’s the culprit on this? They supplied a recall for a product that needs a different bracket they didn’t supply with the recall???

Are you thinking it’s upside down based on the sticker or the vent “bulge”.?

Jimac

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

No different bracket just installed upside down. Bolts and nuts one time use. Stayed in instruction if driven in this condition then actuator and hardware to be replaced.

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
the sticker is insignificant, if the bulge (the little bubble vent) is on the bottom its installed correctly.
According to FCA the bulge on bottom trumps the sticker.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but this info came out on a recent bulletin.

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
0BC49EEF-C0B2-463B-84F3-FD8D6EB32F7C.jpeg
the sticker is insignificant, if the bulge (the little bubble vent) is on the bottom its installed correctly.
According to FCA the bulge on bottom trumps the sticker.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but this info came out on a recent bulletin.
Sponsored