Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Thanks for the guidance, huge help! I’ll put the stands under the axle and will 100% take the tires off. The only guy I know with an air hammer is a couple hours away…

Could I use an electric hammer? They rent those at the Lowe’s near me and/or someone I know local has to have one…I would just need a ball joint pickle fork attachment; correct?

I haven’t ordered the three SS parts or a new stabilizer (probably going with the JK version of the Fox TS) yet…I need to bring the Jeep to the dealership for warranty work on the clutch, the radio (again…) and they want to look at the steering…Guessing I’ll be ordering once that trip is done.
If you have a harbor freight around grab one for them. Maybe $30 out the door for the hammer and pickle fork attachment. You’re going to love the steer smart stuff

Brett

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD, 1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1975 Datsun 620

Sponsored

Dogboyslim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Punkn.
1. Pull the passenger side tire off. Pulling the drivers off will free up some room for getting the draglink off the pitman arm. It’s on there tight. Air hammer with pickle fork if you have one. If not, pickle fork and bfh. Brett
Any advice on what size pickle fork worked for you? I have to buy the attachment for my Air hammer, and I'd like to get just the one I need. Thanks!

Edit: I just used a 3 lb handheld sledge and a HF pickle fork. Really wasn't that bad.

Last edited:

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Any advice on what size pickle fork worked for you? I have to buy the attachment for my Air hammer, and I'd like to get just the one I need. Thanks!
11/16” fork opening with a 2.75” depth worked perfect for me.

JLBeast

First Name
Dozi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S
Is it worth getting the Yeti drag link with Attenuator vs the regular draglink?

River City Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.RiverCityOffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Triple White - RK 3.5" X-Factor Stage 1 / Steer Smarts / Mickey Thompson / Fuel
Occupation
Owner at River City Offroad
Is it worth getting the Yeti drag link with Attenuator vs the regular draglink?
I always sell them without the attenuator.

Marcus

Sponsored

shadowmoto17

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
So I noticed from videos and this thread that Steer Smart greatly strengthens the steering. I’m thinking about the tie rod and drag link to add to my MC True Dual rate 3.5” lift. My only question is if anyone is running the Synergy Sector Shaft brace or running the Steer Smart brace? With the issues that people have been having with the synergy brace would it be better just to go with Steer Smart with the drag link and tie rod? My synergy brace I don’t think has shipped(back ordered). I’m out in Hawaii so canceling an order is smarter than just shipping it back.

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR, 2007 Yamaha R6
So I noticed from videos and this thread that Steer Smart greatly strengthens the steering. I’m thinking about the tie rod and drag link to add to my MC True Dual rate 3.5” lift. My only question is if anyone is running the Synergy Sector Shaft brace or running the Steer Smart brace? With the issues that people have been having with the synergy brace would it be better just to go with Steer Smart with the drag link and tie rod? My synergy brace I don’t think has shipped(back ordered). I’m out in Hawaii so canceling an order is smarter than just shipping it back.
I have Steersmarts tie rod, track bar, and their stabilizer clamp that goes on the tie rod side. I have Synergy Sector Shaft Brace along with their stabilizer relocation bolt. All working well so far, rock solid, very beefy.

Are you currently using metalcloak's stabilizer relocation bracket? If so then most likely your stabilizer would rub against the tie rod clamps during full lock turn. I would recommend getting Synergy's stabilizer bolt to replace it.

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
James, with no lift you could improve your steering by getting a more solid track bar as well as a better steering stabilizer. I recommend calling steer smarts and asking them what they would recommend.

On my lifted Jeep I run the SS draglink and tierod along with a falcon nexus 2.2 stabilizer, feels great. I already have a solid track bar with my MK lift.

The steering feels Better but not quite like my Camaro’s.The Jeep will never feel super tight because of the solid axle and the steering setup.

With the adjustable stabilizer It has three settings. Soft for off-road use/ medium for normal driving/ and firm for highway use. If you like a heavier feel steering you could keep it on firm. I would start with the Stabilizer then go from there to the other components.

Also lower your psi in your tires should be around 32 for stock tires not the 38 they come with

Hope that helps.
Cohan
Thanks for this feedback. My thought is I can improve steering components now while stock and then still utilize them when I get a lift and 37s. Since I’m eyeing the RK Adventure Series 2 with Stage 1 shocks, I’ll probably use their track bar in the kit. Any other input? I’d like to run the Falcon steering stabilizer too.

shadowmoto17

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
I have Steersmarts tie rod, track bar, and their stabilizer clamp that goes on the tie rod side. I have Synergy Sector Shaft Brace along with their stabilizer relocation bolt. All working well so far, rock solid, very beefy.

Are you currently using metalcloak's stabilizer relocation bracket? If so then most likely your stabilizer would rub against the tie rod clamps during full lock turn. I would recommend getting Synergy's stabilizer bolt to replace it.
Since I had the lift installed by my parts guy I’ll have to take a look. I will be changing out the stabilizer with the Teraflex one, but I may have forgot to add the steersmarts stabilizer bracket.
otherwise I’ll look instinct synergies stabilizer bolt

Sarathzzz

First Name
Sarath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl
Hey guys
I really want my 21 stock rubicon steering to be firm and less wandering
What do you guys suggest
Thank you