Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Yeah iI saw when I was looking at box before Installation, and completely forgot it. You mean they are necessary or aren’t necessary?
Haha. Sorry about that. That was very confusing. They arent required but I recommend them. Contact Travis and steer smart and see what he could do about sending you some out. They give it a real finished look and from what I was told, the ends can rust and look bad if living in an area prone to rust.

Brett
Sponsored

laueddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon (Black - Hardtop)
Anyone have the torque spec for the Bolt which is used to mount the steering stabilizer on the Axle side (SS Bracket)?

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sahara JKU, 2013 Rubicon JKU
Occupation
Seller of badassery

Sponsored

bikenutty

First Name
Cash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Silver 2018 Ford Raptor Crew Cab 2012 ZX10R 2007 FJR1300 2018 Honda NC750X 2015 Yamaha 212SS Jet Boat
Occupation
Facilities Engineering Lead
I have had the exact opposite experience with my dealer. They were not able to align my JLUR correctly after the Mopar 2" lift. After a few attempts it was decided to add a SteerSmart adjustable tie rod in. The dealer installed it and did an alignment. They have no issue with the aftermarket parts affecting any services, alignment or warranty issues. Contacted FCA to double check and they will not warranty the StreetSmart tie rod of course but anything it touches is covered. I have been to a total of three dealers in my area and none of them could change the oil correctly or leave my tires inflated where I want them. I have finally found the dealer I will continue to take my Jeep too....hope you find yours too.
If you are in So Cal which dealer are you using??

$$

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sahara JKU, 2013 Rubicon JKU
Occupation
Seller of badassery

JLBeast

First Name
Dozi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S
Absolutely. The adj track bar would be a great addition to any lift. You’ll be able to easily center the axle and enjoy the benefits of a monter track bar that won’t be plagued with any deflection. If you enjoy the performance of the steer smart, you might want to keep replacing stuff one at a time and get the whole package eventually. When compared to the stock stuff, it’s night and day. When you add the larger tires, I think it’s a good idea to consider upgrading the drag link and tie rod. We have personal experience with steer smart but synergy has stuff out that I’m sure is great as well.

Brett
Adj track bar works great. Now thinking of doing the top mount draglink with griffin and will eventually go with the Fox ATS SS. Do i need to relocate anything or will this be plug and play? Thanks

Sponsored

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Adj track bar works great. Now thinking of doing the top mount draglink with griffin and will eventually go with the Fox ATS SS. Do i need to relocate anything or will this be plug and play? Thanks
So you know - the top-mount drags have been known to limit uptravel. Might consider the bottom-mount.

JLBeast

First Name
Dozi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S
So you know - the top-mount drags have been known to limit uptravel. Might consider the bottom-mount.
I know the bottom-mount involves some drilling. Would like to know how others are installing theirs

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
its called a "no drill top mount" but the bottom mount is also no drill. I would encourage you to go with the bottom mount unless lifted 4" plus. MC 3.5" runs tall and the top mount has been shown to limit up travel. The drag link will be plug and play. If you upgrade your tie rod, youll need a steering stabilizer relocation bracket and also a 15/8" steering stabilizer clamp, this is for stock or a fox 2.0. I personally havent found a need for anything more than the 2.0 but the ats is very common. The tie rod clamp side would need to be addressed to run that. Id talk to travis at steer smart or one of the awesome forum sponsors like northridge or marcus at RCO

brett

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know the bottom-mount involves some drilling. Would like to know how others are installing theirs
mentioned this is the other reply, but there is no drilling required. The only drilling needed is for the stabilizer relocation bracket and its a small hole on the track bar bracket axle side

brett

JLBeast

First Name
Dozi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S
mentioned this is the other reply, but there is no drilling required. The only drilling needed is for the stabilizer relocation bracket and its a small hole on the track bar bracket axle side

brett
Thanks Brett. I’ll keep that in mind whenever I decide to upgrade the tie rod and steering stabilizer. I have the mopar 2 inch so i should be good with the bottom mount drag. Sweet!
Sponsored