Steer Smarts tie rod, draglinks, front track bar

Huehue80

First Name
Cohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
I have installed the SS tierod, top mount draglink, and relocation bracket on my jl. I also converted the jl version of the falcon nexus 2.2 stabilizer. I do have to run more bump stop in the Passenger side 3 pucks, so the draglink does not rub on the frame.

3429A15F-FEC2-4AEA-9F37-AC7004DCD33A.jpeg

7A70CF87-0927-42D8-97C5-6D842D0D85D5.jpeg
Sponsored

wbee

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU, 2018 JLUR
I have installed the SS tierod, top mount draglink, and relocation bracket on my jl. I also converted the jl version of the falcon nexus 2.2 stabilizer. I do have to run more bump stop in the Passenger side 3 pucks, so the draglink does not rub on the frame.

When you mentioned you converted the JL falcon 2.2 to the version shown, did you actually remove the JL bracket and replace with a tierod clamp. There has been a lot of discussion on this topic and you might be the first person I’ve seen successfully change the bracket.

Huehue80

First Name
Cohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR

wbee

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU, 2018 JLUR

Brmbll007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara in Fire cracker Red
Vehicle Showcase

Are you using the metal cloak swaybar disconnects or the solid swaybar links?

Sponsored

Huehue80

First Name
Cohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
Are you using the metal cloak swaybar disconnects or the solid swaybar links?
Solid sway bars. I have a Rubicon with the sway bar disconnect.

Also an update on the Steer Smarts top mount drag link. I have talked to SS and ordered the service side to go back to a bottom mount. With my MC lift it was limiting the up travel. I had to have 4 inches of bump stop to not hit the frame. With other lifts you would be fine but not MC 3.5.

Besides that drives great now.

The stock steering is to flimsy.
A solid adjustable track bar is required. Also getting the stabilizer up and relocated out of the way is a must.
I also have set my caster at 6 degrees by using adjustable control arms with the lift.

JLBeast

First Name
Dozi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S
Let us know if the track bar helps. I'm thinking of getting the Yeti soon along with some new LCAs
Its been over a month since i installed the Steer smart adj track bar. Jeep drives like a dream. No steering wobble going over bumps at whatever speed. I feel confident and safe driving my jeep now. Steering is super tight. Also had dealer install the newer version of the mopar SS. Not sure if I still need the tie rod and drag link since I havent had any issues.
90D903F4-2999-4473-AA79-50BC63EBABB5.jpeg
View attachment 179393
C0FB2136-5806-49D4-ABB7-E2D237F1A3AE.jpeg

381641B0-8E73-4F45-A498-4CB7FF494870.jpeg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

TDS

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Commercial Project Superintendent
Solid sway bars. I have a Rubicon with the sway bar disconnect.

Also an update on the Steer Smarts top mount drag link. I have talked to SS and ordered the service side to go back to a bottom mount. With my MC lift it was limiting the up travel. I had to have 4 inches of bump stop to not hit the frame. With other lifts you would be fine but not MC 3.5.

Besides that drives great now.

The stock steering is to flimsy.
A solid adjustable track bar is required. Also getting the stabilizer up and relocated out of the way is a must.
I also have set my caster at 6 degrees by using adjustable control arms with the lift.
So I bought my flip link, tie rod and track bar relocation bracket back in January. Have not it a trail tell this month, life happens. Had no idea there was an issue with the MC 3.5" lift kit and the flip link, I do now, with 3" bump stops it hits. I bought mine before there was a warning on there web site (just saw that), I would have not of bought it. Wonder what they will do? How much did the service end cost you? Do you have thier track bar relocation bracket? Will you have to remove it?

Thanks for any info
Travis

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone tried the draglink with griffin ?
We bought them, but haven’t installed yet. Give me a couple weeks and will report back.

Sponsored

JimmyDoom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
We've done a couple full Steer Smarts drag link, tie rod assemblies and track bar installs here on employee JLs. They're big, burly and sexy as all get out.

Will have a full install write-up soon. Just finished editing the pics, need to get it written.

install-yeti-jl-drag-link.jpg
Hey Tim, Have you done the write up on the install yet? I just bought the Yeti track bar and want to install it soon. Do I need the relocation bracket for it to work or is that to give you more clearance?

Huehue80

First Name
Cohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
So I bought my flip link, tie rod and track bar relocation bracket back in January. Have not it a trail tell this month, life happens. Had no idea there was an issue with the MC 3.5" lift kit and the flip link, I do now, with 3" bump stops it hits. I bought mine before there was a warning on there web site (just saw that), I would have not of bought it. Wonder what they will do? How much did the service end cost you? Do you have thier track bar relocation bracket? Will you have to remove it?

Thanks for any info
Travis
Travis,

I did the same thing as you. I was having to run 4 pucks in the front but that was taking away from up travel. I called them and they gave me a discount on the parts. You will need the service side and a new bracket just for the Stabilizer the track bar will go on the original position.

A1D5477D-8437-42C2-9CD7-8383D97BD2BC.png

TDS

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Commercial Project Superintendent
Travis,

I did the same thing as you. I was having to run 4 pucks in the front but that was taking away from up travel. I called them and they gave me a discount on the parts. You will need the service side and a new bracket just for the Stabilizer the track bar will go on the original position.

A1D5477D-8437-42C2-9CD7-8383D97BD2BC.png
Thanks for the info. The reason I bought the top mount was to help with bump stair, might look into other options and sell the SS top link and track bar relocation bracket. Really good strong components and made a night and day difference on the road. But in this case I need my cake and ice cream to.

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
Part of the Northridge4x4 team
Hey Tim, Have you done the write up on the install yet? I just bought the Yeti track bar and want to install it soon. Do I need the relocation bracket for it to work or is that to give you more clearance?
Haven't finished the one for the Track Bar yet.

The Steers Smarts Tie Rod and Falcon Stabilizer story just went live a couple weeks ago. Steer Smarts Track Bar story coming soon!

falcon-jl-jk-stabilizer-installed-2-800x500.jpg

http://www.northridgenation.com/falcon-stabilizer-steer-smarts-tie-rod-jeep-jl/

edzel14k

First Name
Champ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL 2018
Vehicle Showcase
It looks track bar is out of stock, availability will be some time July :(
Sponsored