Sponsored

Steer Smarts Drag Link & Tie Rod parts

shouldnthavesoldmyJEEP

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Polar Edition, 2016 Dodge Challenger 392 Scat Pack Shaker, 2018 JLU Rubicon
I have read through a couple of different posts and I haven't seen the answer I'm looking for. I am going to put a 2.5" Rock Krawler lift on my JLUR and run 37s on it. I know that eventually I will want to put new drag links and tie rods on my Jeep to help improve the handling. My question is, if I go with the Steer Smarts parts are there any other parts I will need? Do I need to also buy the steering stabilizer bracket. Thanks everyone!
Sponsored

wbee

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU, 2018 JLUR
I have read through a couple of different posts and I haven't seen the answer I'm looking for. I am going to put a 2.5" Rock Krawler lift on my JLUR and run 37s on it. I know that eventually I will want to put new drag links and tie rods on my Jeep to help improve the handling. My question is, if I go with the Steer Smarts parts are there any other parts I will need? Do I need to also buy the steering stabilizer bracket. Thanks everyone!
The answer is yes, there are other parts depending on your setup. Assuming your going with the bottom mount drag link you will need to purchase a clamp for the tierod and a bracket for the axel to relocate the steering stabilizer that’s an additional 75 to 100 dollars. This also assumes your reusing your current steering stabilizer.

If your going top mount drag link it changes things and you’ll need the trackbar relocation bracket, tierod SS clamp and probably more bump stop. I have only installed the bottom mount drag link so there are probably people with actual experience that can answer the top mount issues better than I can.

I currently have the bottom mount drag link and tierod from steersmart and a rough country adjustable track bar.

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
The answer is yes, there are other parts depending on your setup. Assuming your going with the bottom mount drag link you will need to purchase a clamp for the tierod and a bracket for the axel to relocate the steering stabilizer that’s an additional 75 to 100 dollars. This also assumes your reusing your current steering stabilizer.

If your going top mount drag link it changes things and you’ll need the trackbar relocation bracket, tierod SS clamp and probably more bump stop. I have only installed the bottom mount drag link so there are probably people with actual experience that can answer the top mount issues better than I can.

I currently have the bottom mount drag link and tierod from steersmart and a rough country adjustable track bar.
Eventually, I’ll be running what OP is going to run too. If I were to use an aftermarket steering stabilizer, what else would I need to get?

wbee

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU, 2018 JLUR

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Yes, you’ll need the steer smarts relocation or similar. I would stick with the steer smarts option. One far superior to other options. I made the mistake of trying to save a couple bucks and ended up redoing.

the steer smarts products are far superior to the competitors options. Size, quality, fitment, corrosion resistance.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, you’ll need the steer smarts relocation or similar. I would stick with the steer smarts option. One far superior to other options. I made the mistake of trying to save a couple bucks and ended up redoing.

the steer smarts products are far superior to the competitors options. Size, quality, fitment, corrosion resistance.
I have to agree with the SteerSmarts stabilizer relocation being better than the extender track bar bolt version. The SS is not only a double sheer bracket, but is turned 90° allowing the bushing to pivot instead of being racked to the side as the tire rod moves fore and aft.
Sponsored