Sponsored

Steepest youve gone with your wrangler? Think i almost rolled mine.

acsak

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2-door Wrangler JL Rubicon (Manual Transmission)
Rick Pewe wore flip-flops when off-roading.....in fact there's an imprint of flip-flops on the JL cowl in honor/tribute of the contributions Rick Pewe made to Jeeps.
I love the flip-flops Easter egg.

I pretty much exclusively wheel in flip-flops. I've never regretted it. In fact, if it were muddy or wet, I'd prefer to just walk barefoot and hose my heat off rather than slog around with wet boots and socks.

acsak

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2-door Wrangler JL Rubicon (Manual Transmission)
Great..., doesn't in any way make it a smart choice.
I think it's the right choice, personally. Love the free air on my feet whenever possible. I usually have socks and boots along in case I need them, but I have never needed/wanted them, even in the rain and mud.

To each their own, but I think flip-flops are the "smart" choice.

Sponsored

NMPirate

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon Recon
Occupation
King Shit of Turd Island
I think it's the right choice, personally. Love the free air on my feet whenever possible. I usually have socks and boots along in case I need them, but I have never needed/wanted them, even in the rain and mud.

To each their own, but I think flip-flops are the "smart" choice.
I have to take this just one more step. I drive without shoes or socks on at least 95% of the time. I've been doing it for years and I feel "big footed" if I'm wearing shoes of any kind. Even during the winter. It may because I have been working from home for over 4 years and not having to wear shoes at all.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I have to take this just one more step. I drive without shoes or socks on at least 95% of the time. I've been doing it for years and I feel "big footed" if I'm wearing shoes of any kind. Even during the winter. It may because I have been working from home for over 4 years and not having to wear shoes at all.
Im right there with you from working from home. Have been 100% remote since 2014 and hate wearing real shoes now. however I do wear good hiking shoes here when offroad just in case. when not offroad I wear Sanuk Sidewalk surfers. they are as close to barefoot as I have found while still covering my feet.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I am an absolute pussy when it comes to pitch and roll. I’ve been at a roll of over 25% I think and I don’t like it a bit… scares the shit out of me as a newb……… but looking at the pictures in the OP, I am struggling to understand how forward progress, after attaching seat belt and regardless of the jeep model, was even remotely an issue.

huberro2

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon 2019
Occupation
Engineer
Gig'em Aggies., Bud. Class of 1976. Corps of Cadets. Parsons Mounted Cav. Recon Company. US Marines, Ret

FinnCustomKnives

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon Ecodiesel
On our recent Ouray and Moab trip we hit 26° roll as the highest and 32° pitch as the highest. I have no doubt at 26° roll I was nowhere near rolling, but it sure as hell felt like I was about to! Coming down Black Bear I only hit about 20° roll and it felt fine after hitting 26° on Poughkeepsie the day prior.

Pitch doesn't bother me too bad and Hell's Revenge will rid that fear from your body, or I guess just drive it in deeper🤣

Sponsored

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 dr
Your Sahara is more than capable enough for that terrain... You just need some practice
I was thinking the same thing. … I have climbed much worse in my Sport. As you can see behind my Jeep in my avatar, the Rockies have the odd hill or two to climb.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Not at danger of rolling. And you could have kept going. I've been there though, you need to build confidence. The only way to do that is, keep wheeling, and stay within your comfort zone. Push your limits bit by bit.

You couldve slowly gotten yourself out of that situation. Slow and steady. Your left side wasn't gonna go any lower. Always slow and steady, and have a spotter with you so that you can check tire placement at all times. If you get stuck and try to gas it, then things could get ugly. You can always back up a bit to "fix" your line, but never try to back up the entire hill. Keep going lol!. and get a winch for when things get ugly. Dont wheel alone, specially if trying something out of your comfort zone. Hills are scary, but these jeeps are very capable. You did the right thing calling your friend before proceeding.
Sponsored

Last edited: