Steel Bumpers Or No Steel Bumpers?

Steel bumpers or no steel bumpers?

• Total voters

jeppesen.io

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, WR250R, JLU Rubicon
Agreed on the logos. I like Poison Spider’s products, but since I am not 12 years old, do not like their logo prominently cut into everything.
Thought I was alone on this! Can't stand Poison Spider’s products for that reason.

Documan.Terry

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Dodge 2500 Cummins, 1989 V3500 3+3 Chevy, 2010 Camaro SS 6 speed
The question for me isn't plastic or steel, the question is factory steel or aftermarket. I have plans on building my own bumpers.

I consider body armor to be protection/insurance, at the end of the day if you are in a collision, there is no comparison, a good aftermarket bumper is the way to go.

The only positive to plastic is if you roll into someone at 2 mph or less shouldn't hurt either party all to much, those with a big steel bumper have a bit of a personal responsibility to remember they can hurt others way easier than others can hurt us.

JLUSoCal

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
This is just the Steel bumper minus the ends. You can order that from factory (albeit expensive) and get that look, but again, cheaper since you also get the rear steel. I don't want to mess with it and the sensors in the rear. I like the stubby look and will have it if / when i want it.

Don't know how heavy the aftermarkets are but assume they'll likely be heavier, I'm saving weight for rocker protection like ACE is showing already. Trying to stay under 5k lbs.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeepster2018

Jeepster2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Factory.

The question for me isn't plastic or steel, the question is factory steel or aftermarket. I have plans on building my own bumpers.

I consider body armor to be protection/insurance, at the end of the day if you are in a collision, there is no comparison, a good aftermarket bumper is the way to go.

The only positive to plastic is if you roll into someone at 2 mph or less shouldn't hurt either party all to much, those with a big steel bumper have a bit of a personal responsibility to remember they can hurt others way easier than others can hurt us.

OP
OP
Jeepster2018

Jeepster2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Just wish these were available on the Sport S.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeepster2018

Jeepster2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Saw another standard bumper at the dealership today and it doesn’t look as bad in person as it does in the pictures.

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon

bilash31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 JKU, '18 GC
I am not sure who is confused more. Us or you? What opinion are you looking for? As you were told above this IS the factory steel front bumper just with end caps removed and a small brush guard added. There are thousands of these on JKs with opinions galore. Seeing as how this is sold without the end caps which run $400 or so, for the same amount $1300 you can have it and the steel rear from the factory. Please ask a more specific question if you have one so we can help.

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
The JL standard plastic bumpers looks way better than the JK's. That said, I still want steel.
Sponsored