Sponsored

Steel bumpers front/rear - Smittybilt XRC vs Warn Elite?

Steel bumpers front/rear - Smittybilt XRC vs Warn Elite?

• Total voters

LCW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(formerly '22 JLUR) '23 Bronco Badlands 2dr 2.7
Debating and narrowed it down to these two. Smittybilt XRC and Warn Elite.

I see good reviews and good fit-up for the Smittybilt stuff both on Quadratec and 4WP.

Warn Elite stuff looks great. Covers and wraps around the corners really well. License plate brackets looks well sorted with the Warn rear bumper. Reviews are hit or miss. However, Iā€™ve heard that despite claiming made in USA, people have been getting them showing ā€˜made in Russiaā€™. At almost double the Smittybilt price Iā€™d expected made in USA (Oregon).

Anyone with experience with either of these bumper kits care to share their experiences and install issues? Durability and corrosion resistance? Weight?

Thnx!
Sponsored

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
i have both Warns and while i love the fit/looks, i had 3 issues putting them on.

1. almost all the bolts are way longer than they need to be. you only need 3-4 threads sticking out of a nut, not 15-20.

2. the square shank part of the carriage bolts doesn't fit inside the round holes on the frame horns. they just barely hang onto the holes by the corners.

3. the license plate mount used 3/8" bolts for mounting to the bumper, which is fine. but it also uses the same 3/8" holes for the plate. so you have to open up the holes in your plate. and the fit isn't that great, i ended up scraping my paint trying to put it on. i removed it and went with a Curt hitch mount plate holder.

if i ever have to take them off, i'd correct these issues: shorter hardware, open up the frame horn holes.

one plus point for the Warn. when installing a Warn winch, it bolts right to the bumper, no winch adapter plate needed.

Reactions: LCW
OP
OP
LCW

LCW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(formerly '22 JLUR) '23 Bronco Badlands 2dr 2.7
i have both Warns and while i love the fit/looks, i had 3 issues putting them on.

1. almost all the bolts are way longer than they need to be. you only need 3-4 threads sticking out of a nut, not 15-20.

2. the square shank part of the carriage bolts doesn't fit inside the round holes on the frame horns. they just barely hang onto the holes by the corners.

3. the license plate mount used 3/8" bolts for mounting to the bumper, which is fine. but it also uses the same 3/8" holes for the plate. so you have to open up the holes in your plate. and the fit isn't that great, i ended up scraping my paint trying to put it on. i removed it and went with a Curt hitch mount plate holder.

if i ever have to take them off, i'd correct these issues: shorter hardware, open up the frame horn holes.

one plus point for the Warn. when installing a Warn winch, it bolts right to the bumper, no winch adapter plate needed.
Would you get again or something else? Blows me away the amount of fit up issues almost all aftermarket bumpers seem to haveā€¦

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
i'd get it again. i got it for the looks (blending into the fenders) and the no-adapter winch mounting.

Jeep Wrangler JL Steel bumpers front/rear - Smittybilt XRC vs Warn Elite? warn_front

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
oh yeah, the stock fogs are kinda a PITA to mount.
Sponsored