Sponsored

Steel bumpers .....are they legal in the UK/Europe?

OP
OP
Rudolph Hart

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
My OE ones are curved too in the new bumper, they’re only soft plastic.
Sponsored

JL.FR

First Name
Casa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU RUBICON 2.0 Turbo MOJITO
I am very happy with the result, it is outlaw but it is so much prettier ... and harder

PC avant.jpg

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
This whole thread show how two very similar cultures can be so different......

In the US, many (I think “most’ or even, “virtually all”) states do not have ANY regulation on bumpers and the ones that do seem to focus on the height of the bumper itself and relative height to the ground. There IS federal regulation on car manufacturers related to bumpers but, one you own it, I don’t believe that much, if any, regulation applies to the consumer at either the State or Federal level.

JL.FR

First Name
Casa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU RUBICON 2.0 Turbo MOJITO
Yes you are right, two very close but very different cultures in everyday life. for bumpers we know it's for the sake of pedestrians, but the hoods ?? Why are the US made of aluminum and the European made of steel? crash test or win euros / dollars?

tatltael

First Name
Suneel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited JL
Hello, I stopped the order of fendres US Rubicon, because the seller was wrong about the price of transport, he asked me more than the price of the parts, for a weight of less than 20 kilos, I canceled.

(and I was wrong, the rear bumper fittings of the Rubicon are specific, sorry sorry ...)

I mounted a front steel bumper (Chinese copy of MOPAR) that had the sensor holes. They provide special adapters for mounting the original sensors and adapters for the fog lights . I also bought the steel skid plate and U bar. I show the pictures ...
Hey thanks a lot for the information. I plan on doing the exact same thing, and I was also curious about how hard it was to move the sensors. Looks like it's pretty straightforward. The new bumper looks a billion times better than the Euro bumper (which I have too)!

Where did you order your MOPAR bull bar from? I can't find that anywhere in my country!

Sponsored

jr-323i

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL 3door
Hey guys,

Why an earth would you want steel bumpers? If your car is 100% off road or using as a winch etc then I get it, but as soon as you drive it on the street and god forbid you hit anyone, well they are not going to survive with a lump of steel jarring into them. They do look cool, but really not worth the risk to everyone else.

muxi

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
why on earth would you want to drive a wrangler ? they are made of steel and over 2 tonnes.
if you hit anyone with with this lump of steel that is guaranteed to be painful.
same applies for any moving vehicle.
according to this logic hammers should be forbidden. they are made of steel and nobody will survive if hit on the head.
:)

Sublime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella Rubicon
Hey guys,

Why an earth would you want steel bumpers? If your car is 100% off road or using as a winch etc then I get it, but as soon as you drive it on the street and god forbid you hit anyone, well they are not going to survive with a lump of steel jarring into them. They do look cool, but really not worth the risk to everyone else.
Pedestrians should be more aware of where they are then.

jr-323i

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL 3door
Pedestrians should be more aware of where they are then.
Young child running into the road, hit at low speed with a plastic bumper, a slim chance they might survive. With a steel bumper, game over. SImply not worth it.

Accidents happen.
Sponsored