Steel bumper swap issue

Mike1438

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JL
Hello everyone, im looking for help and advice as to the easiest possible solution. I took off my plastic bumper and swapped it out for a mopar steel bumper. The fog lights from my old bumper do not fit the new steel bumper. I would like to use my wiring harness from my old bumper if possible and purchase new fod lights (and bracket) that will fit the steel bumper. does anyone have helpful links of where to buy a fog light? The issue is my old fog light had three holes for the mount and the steel bumper only has two.

IMG_0633.JPG

IMG_0632.JPG

IMG_0631.JPG
Sponsored

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

I used the Maximus-3 adapter and the factory fogs from my plastic bumper.

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Merchant Marine
I used the Maximus-3 adapter and the factory fogs from my plastic bumper.
I was looking for those to recommend but had no luck.

Sponsored

KC HiLiTES

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT, 1969 Wagoneer
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lighting Adventures Since 1970
Hello everyone, im looking for help and advice as to the easiest possible solution. I took off my plastic bumper and swapped it out for a mopar steel bumper. The fog lights from my old bumper do not fit the new steel bumper. I would like to use my wiring harness from my old bumper if possible and purchase new fod lights (and bracket) that will fit the steel bumper. does anyone have helpful links of where to buy a fog light? The issue is my old fog light had three holes for the mount and the steel bumper only has two.

Jeep Wrangler JL Steel bumper swap issue IMG_0631.JPG

You’ll get a lot of opinions as to which are best. There are a lot of good fogs to be had for the JL.
Here’s the @KC HiLiTES version that bolts right in with no hassle.

https://www.kchilites.com/gravity-r...con-jt-overland-rubicon-stock-bumper-506.html

or if you prefer ambers for your fogs, there’s these from @BajaDesigns. They also bolt right in.

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/447723-baja-designs-squadron-r-sae-fog-pocket-kit-amber
Hello Mike,
The Steel Bumper does have different mounting vs the plastic bumper. We have kits for both. You'll want the 504 if you wanted to get new LED lights from KC. These lights are discontinued at the moment because we have a new FOG coming out soon. But we still have a few of the clear LEDs left, the Ambers are all gone. There are a few still floating around though on the internet. Other option would be to find a retro ring to adapt your stock FOG in to the new bumper.

Jeep Wrangler JL Steel bumper swap issue 1664894847866

Hey Matt, thank you for the recommendation. Much appreciated. :like:

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable

Hey Mike1438, Baja Designs sells a couple of different fog light options for the JL Mopar steel bumper. Depending on your application we have options from a street legal light replacement all the way to a full off-road spec lighting. A couple of notable features that set us apart from our competitors other than the countless hours of testing that goes into our products are Our lifetime warranty on our lights, the uService ability to give you the option to replace or swap out any lens on our lights, our 5000k Daylight output giving our lights the closest visual look to the lighting you see every day allowing little to no eye fatigue will making to long night commutes, as well as many more benefits. All our fog light replacements for the JL will come with brackets, hardware, and a factory plug-in harness to make the installation fast and easy. Check out the links below for some of our fog light options and feel free to reach out to me directly with any questions.
Best,
Brandon
Email:[email protected]

Baja Designs
Baja Designs Squadron SAE Fog Replacement
Baja Designs Squadron Sport Fog Replacement
Baja Designs Squadron Pro Fog Replacement

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Merchant Marine
Hello Mike,
The Steel Bumper does have different mounting vs the plastic bumper. We have kits for both. You'll want the 504 if you wanted to get new LED lights from KC. These lights are discontinued at the moment because we have a new FOG coming out soon. But we still have a few of the clear LEDs left, the Ambers are all gone. There are a few still floating around though on the internet. Other option would be to find a retro ring to adapt your stock FOG in to the new bumper.

1664894847866.png

Hey Matt, thank you for the recommendation. Much appreciated. :like:
A new fog light option you say? Any intel you can share about those? I need some ambers asap!

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
You’ll get a lot of opinions as to which are best. There are a lot of good fogs to be had for the JL.
Here’s the @KC HiLiTES version that bolts right in with no hassle.

https://www.kchilites.com/gravity-r...con-jt-overland-rubicon-stock-bumper-506.html

or if you prefer ambers for your fogs, there’s these from @BajaDesigns. They also bolt right in.

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/447723-baja-designs-squadron-r-sae-fog-pocket-kit-amber
Hey rohdawg, Thanks for your recommendation. We offer a clear and amber fog light replacement with direct bolt-in brackets and a plug-and-play harness for this application. Something to note that our competitors don't offer is uService. This allows you to change from an amber to a clear with just a replacement lens and 4 bolts. Pretty simple and easy if you ever want to change things down the road. I'll attach a link to our replacement lenses as well as a better breakdown of this service we offer.

uService:https://www.bajadesigns.com/uservice/?page=1&vid=148844
Squadron Lens:https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/squadron-light-pod-lens-kit/

Sponsored

KC HiLiTES

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
A new fog light option you say? Any intel you can share about those? I need some ambers asap!
Unfortunately I can't reveal much until they are released. There has been a few teasers on our IG if you spot them. Soon though!

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Unfortunately I can't reveal much until they are released. There has been a few teasers on our IG if you spot them. Soon though!
any update on when these will be released. i assume it would have been at sema?

KC HiLiTES

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Awesome thank you!

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Merchant Marine
Awesome thank you!
I’ve watched all the videos and read everything there is to read about them.
I’m pulling the trigger on these this weekend.
You?
Sponsored